Is non condi d/d viable?

Is non condi d/d viable?

in Thief

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Do you think d/d Power oriented build could be viable ( optimal) or condi is the only option for double daggers? I mean Power/Precision/Ferocity instead of Power/Vitality/Condition?
Something like SB: it can be used as power or condi weapon …

Is non condi d/d viable?

in Thief

Posted by: CreedOfGod.9764

CreedOfGod.9764

Absolutely. Infact I got tired of running meta d/p so I switched back several months ago. Fine turned a build to my playstyle and haven’t went back since. I’ve been pretty successful thus far but it is a very difficult build to run by nature. For what it is, d/p will almost always be an easier/more solid build to run, but d/d is still very much viable.

D/d + shortbow with valkyrie armor and pack runes. I run crit strikes/trickery/daredevil with dash. Berserker armor can work but the thing is so many classes have annoying sustain, so cloak n dagger + steal + backstab alone is rarely enough to kill people. Having some extra health in preparation for a longer fight will be very welcomed i assure you. Pack runes and crit strikes tree make up for the loss of precision from valkyrie. I occasionally use the 7% crit sigil on my daggers too.

Pro wvw tip: Don’t fight DH guardians using d/d unless you know their weak points, and you will never successfully gank a warrior thanks to their passives. Other classes are much easier to manage.

~Ghost Ren~
Stay Low. Move Fast. Kill First. Die Last.

(edited by CreedOfGod.9764)

Is non condi d/d viable?

in Thief

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

Exactly as states above ^
To play D/D viably and effectively it requires said power D/D Thief to be already, I’d say very, experienced and rather knowledgeable of his enemies play style and skills. As a power D/D you will have to predict your enemies moves precisely. Atleast in PvP.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

Is non condi d/d viable?

in Thief

Posted by: TiNG.3964

TiNG.3964

I tried many Daredevil builds, condi and power. I just couldn’t get in to it, I personally found the play style of Daredevil boring and to easy. So i dusted off the core d/d thief and haven’t looked back.

I will be trying Deadeye when i can but i do think again i’ll continue to play core d/d thief as its just so much fun.

Is non condi d/d viable?

in Thief

Posted by: CreedOfGod.9764

CreedOfGod.9764

I tried many Daredevil builds, condi and power. I just couldn’t get in to it, I personally found the play style of Daredevil boring and to easy. So i dusted off the core d/d thief and haven’t looked back.

I will be trying Deadeye when i can but i do think again i’ll continue to play core d/d thief as its just so much fun.

Fantastic gank setup but too many HoT elites have good sustain now. The occasional 6k cnd into 13k backstab is glorifying to see but demoralizing how easy it is to get locked down if miss/get cc’d/blocked by passives

~Ghost Ren~
Stay Low. Move Fast. Kill First. Die Last.

Is non condi d/d viable?

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It’s more dependent on your enemies than anything else. The kit is wildly inconsistent, despite being the most fun of pretty much anything in the game. As Creed mentions, the powercreeped HoT elites really put the kit at a major disadvantage.

You’ll need to be good at thief in general first before you start having mild success. Even then, it’s flaky based on who and what you engage. You’ll need to accept sometimes on more aggressive builds that you’ll die literally from someone’s traits or build, and there’s not much else to do (unless they’re just terrible).

It can deal immense damage in a very short period of time, but it’s also the easiest kit in the game to shut down. DA/Acro/Tr with Marauder gear is probably the best way to approach core. The passives in Acro help the consistency issues the set has a lot and make it much more difficult to counter. That said, it’s still weaker than D/P by a large margin.

CS/Tr/DrD is also good but you really can’t use Bound; the AoE damage will take you from stealth more often than not, which given the fact you pretty much will depend entirely on said intermittent stealth to function, is a huge loss.

The only time D/D does things D/P cannot is raw burst-on-engage against very unsuspecting targets without the right passives. Mostly backline players in blobs and the likes which aren’t kitted to take damage. Something like DA/CS/Tr signets with SS or S/x IR disengage can make for some major plays, but it does require the most skill of probably every kit on the thief (if not the game) to pull off consistently in straight 1v1’s or if things do not go well and your burst fails.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Is non condi d/d viable?

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Viable, yes. Efficient, no.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”