Is there a max on attributes? Do they d/r?

in Thief

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

Do attributes max out at certain point? Is there a point where for every point you put into an attribute, like precision, it has less and less effect?

For instance, in another MMO I played, once crit reached a certain point it wasn’t capped, but each additional point was only worth half, so you needed 2 points in crit when you needed just 1 before hitting the d/r cap.

in Thief

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

There are no diminishing returns, and AFAIK, no caps.

in Thief

Rachiia.6045

Thanks, andy. Good to know.

in Thief

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

There is a slight misconception about how some stats work and are displayed on your character sheet.

For example say it takes X toughness to reach 50% direct damage reduction. Well, 2X toughness obviously won’t give you 100% damage reduction, you’ll have 75% ( which is 50% less than you were taking at X toughness ). I hope I’m not confusing anyone with the way these scale. The vast majority of games with stats scale like this.

in Thief

Rachiia.6045

No, that makes sense and it’s good to know. Something I really hadn’t thought about.

in Thief

Posted by: ddrake.5436

ddrake.5436

don’t forget you scale to the area you are in, if you are level 80 with 75% crit chance in a level 80 zone, you will have ~%30 in a level 20 zone. these numbers are not real, I just pulled them out of my kitten but just using it as an example.