Is there even a point in thief anymore?

in Thief

Posted by: Vaxyle.1692

Vaxyle.1692

seeing as how survivability tanked with D/D when they made cloaked in shadow a grandmaster (HUGE issue for me, i love D/D)
but not only that, its mainly the fact that Mesmer does our job, not only more efficiently, but they have SOOOO much more flexibility too. Now, the way i see it, when a mesmer can out-stealth me, and do my classes roll better than my class can, then there is something horribly wrong…

Tarnished Coast [ZEN]
Vaxyle – lvl 80 Thief
“You have to choose your battles, all it takes is patience.”

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Nah man have faith Anet will….. laugh sorry I just can’t. Seriously though just roll a mesmer.

in Thief

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Shouldnt you be able to gank a mesmer before he can even stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

Shouldnt you be able to gank a mesmer before he can even stealth?

when was the last time you played gw2 as thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Trancid.8514

Trancid.8514

Well, yeah. Mesmer is both stronger and more versatile than thief atm.

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

no but I bet if we all swap to Mesmer we can get a whole new

nerf Mesmer wish list started lol

in Thief

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I still prefer thief gameplay to mesmer. I don’t think it would take much to boost thief. It is still a strong profession, but offers very little room for mistakes. It is probably the highest risk meta pvp build out there. Sure if you are focused you can stay up and run from anyone, but if you want to get involved with the fight, you have to be on your toes and focused. I find any day I’m a little sleepy, I can’t pvp well on thief. It is the only profession that has my skill so directly connected to my state of mind. It reminds of counter strike.

So the thief is a fun profession, but it is hard to play well, and play consistently well.

I’m also looking forward to flipping all over the place as a daredevil. So I say it’s still worth playing. Still hoping for a few changes though.

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

lol trust me thief is way more fun than Mesmer

but I cant say I have any hope for meaningful positive changes
going to be the same old same old

dare devil may be fun … but judging from how the traits r set up I have my concerns

in Thief

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Clusterbomb is so much better in team fights than a mesmer.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Thief

Vaxyle.1692

I still prefer thief gameplay to mesmer. I don’t think it would take much to boost thief. It is still a strong profession, but offers very little room for mistakes. It is probably the highest risk meta pvp build out there. Sure if you are focused you can stay up and run from anyone, but if you want to get involved with the fight, you have to be on your toes and focused. I find any day I’m a little sleepy, I can’t pvp well on thief. It is the only profession that has my skill so directly connected to my state of mind. It reminds of counter strike.

So the thief is a fun profession, but it is hard to play well, and play consistently well.

I’m also looking forward to flipping all over the place as a daredevil. So I say it’s still worth playing. Still hoping for a few changes though.

Well man, it feels like Mes is getting our class mechanics, and DD is pretty much garbage from what ive seen. staff sucks. and WOOOOOO an extra dodge. as useful as the dodge is, it wont keep mesmers from perma stealthing and spiking our kitten

Tarnished Coast [ZEN]
Vaxyle – lvl 80 Thief

in Thief

Loboling.5293

Sorry but an extra dodge doesn’t suck, neither does DD. I have never laughed so hard while playing gw2 as I did during BW2. Maybe the novelty will wear off eventually, but I found the staff and spec to be really fun in pve.

The worst part of the new spec is the limited diversity of builds (hello super important traits vs mediocre ones) and lastly the staff number 4. Even with the upcoming changes, staff 4 will suck. It needs to be made into a smoke field that lasts 1 second. Just enough time for one vault. Then the spec will truly shine.

in Thief

Vaxyle.1692

Sorry but an extra dodge doesn’t suck, neither does DD. I have never laughed so hard while playing gw2 as I did during BW2. Maybe the novelty will wear off eventually, but I found the staff and spec to be really fun in pve.

The worst part of the new spec is the limited diversity of builds (hello super important traits vs mediocre ones) and lastly the staff number 4. Even with the upcoming changes, staff 4 will suck. It needs to be made into a smoke field that lasts 1 second. Just enough time for one vault. Then the spec will truly shine.

I can agree with the fact that the extra dodge is good, and i only pvp/wvw, i rarely pve unless a guildie needs it or im bored…but still from a pvp/wvw perspective staff seems too slow. i COULD be wrong, seeing as how i havent had a chance to play the beta yet.

Tarnished Coast [ZEN]
Vaxyle – lvl 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: woox.9568

woox.9568

Strictly speaking, no. The mesmer is far more versatile than the thief and could probably replace him in most situations. And this is no longer a matter of l2p. I’ve been maining thief for the last two years. He is just not as strong as he used to be.

in Thief

Loboling.5293

The staff wasn’t perfect, but I found it to be the funnest pve weapon for thief. I am not ecstatic about the auto attack, which I think would work better if the final part of the chain came first, so when you haven’t hit anyone with it it can be used readily to reflect projectiles. I also don’t like the staff 4 blind, it sucks as is, and no reduced cast time will make it good, unless they lower the ini cost to something like 1. It does too little for too much cost.