It's amazing how cluelessness helps people

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Just something I’ve observed which may help out any non-thieves that just happen to be here (we all know you’re here just sitting and not replying). When I go into stealth- and I know I’m not the only one here who’s experienced this- the people that panic are generally better off than the “imma look at the grass maybe I can see footprints” people. In other words, those people that just start randomly swinging in every direction and running in circles when I go into stealth can really screw over my tactics. Albeit hilarious I can’t tell you how many gashes other have given just by doing that, swinging around and not just standing there backing up. Or the backstabs that have hit the front. Am I saying panic? Of course….not, but don’t just sit there and do nothing It honestly irks me when I successfully land a backstab on an dual axe wielding warrior or any class that has a similar skill to whirling axe.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Lol, when warrs 100b while you’re stealthed…

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

It may be that you take full damage from attacks while stealthed, but a really beautiful aspect of it is that the other person doesn’t actually see when they’ve hit you. No damage numbers or anything like that appear for them.
If you’re willing to take a hit or two, it isn’t hard to make your way past them for a Backstab even if they are flipping out attacking the air.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

It may be that you take full damage from attacks while stealthed, but a really beautiful aspect of it is that the other person doesn’t actually see when they’ve hit you. No damage numbers or anything like that appear for them.
If you’re willing to take a hit or two, it isn’t hard to make your way past them for a Backstab even if they are flipping out attacking the air.

And I agree with you. But I urge for people to do something, anything instead of just being like : “Whelp, they went in stealth, fights over, Im done, game over, time to go to the forums and complain about this and report this player.”

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

Remember, a thief who backstabs often have 10-14k hp and getting in 2 hits while he is trying to backstab you can take 10-50% of the hp, depending on your damage.

So thats kinda a big deal.

Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Just spam Number 1 skill, if you hit you’ll know because it’ll use the next skill in the chain. Easy really, people just don’t observe.

in Thief

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

I don’t understand people to begin with. It’s so stupidly easy to anticipate some thieves… if they’re using daggers then they’re going for your back. Drop an AOE there or roll backwards and use a frontal cone AOE. Even spamming autoattack will work wonders.

Though it might just be because I main a thief. I just swap to shortbow, drop poison and nuke the area with cluster bombs while dodging/#3/#5ing wherever.

It’s even more hilarious when a thief is close to you, goes into stealth while you have SB equipped, you simply #5 on the spot and they try to backstab while blinded…

in Thief

Posted by: Jonny.9370

Jonny.9370

Lol swinging your weapon around “randomly” in an area that a thief just stealthed in isn’t cluelessness. You’ve got the whole thing backwards. The ones who just stand still when the thief disappears are the dumb ones. The ones who you think are panicking and swinging randomly are actually searching for you with thier autoattack chain, and as soon as one hit connects, they now know where to drop their AOE or other similar attacks.

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

First all chain attacks will advance to the next step so you can SEE when you’ve hit, in addition, while damage numbers may not float in the air above nothing, your combat log will show the hit and damage. just gotta pay attention