Kill Priority

Kill Priority

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

in a WvW / PvP setting, all 9 professions are in front of you in a huge melee fight. Which professions do you target first?

Please make a list:

1- Top priority
x
x
x
9- Lowest Priority.

You don’t have to explain why. I think some are pretty obvious, but I am just curious.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Kill Priority

in Thief

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

In WvW, tag them all with SB then hide to collect loot bags.

Kill Priority

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

1 – Necromancer — troublesome the most, but you cannot take them out alone
2 – Elementalist — you’ll die before you get close
3 – Mesmer — they out stealth you and you’ll die from either burst or affliction
4 – Engineer — good luck getting close to them, you won’t die right away
5 – Guardian — they are squishy but the window is so slim
6 – Warrior — OP as kitten, don’t even bother
7 – Ranger — none existence, even when they are standing in front of you, they tickle
8 – Thief — if you can find them…
9 – Revenant — stay far far away

That’s my list. Feel free to disagree.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Kill Priority

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

In WvW, tag them all with SB then hide to collect loot bags.

ahahaha such a sad truth.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Kill Priority

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

3 – Mesmer — they out stealth you and you’ll die from either burst or affliction
7 – Ranger — none existence, even when they are standing in front of you, they tickle

that’s interesting, it’s somewhat in order of threat?

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Kill Priority

in Thief

Posted by: King.1985

King.1985

It isnt exactly that simple.. due to the other variance: condition/power build:

Generally speaking youll want to focus power builds first as they will not (generally of course) have as many defensive stats, so my list would be something like this:

All power builds order:
1. Ranger
2. Thief
3. Mesmer
4. Ele
5. Warrior
6. Engineer (unless super glass static discharge, then place above ele)
7. Necromancer
8. Guardian
9. Revenant

Then after all power classes are killed you’d want to focus the condi classes… in this general order:

1. Warrior
2. Engi
3. Rev?
4. Ele
5. Guardian
6. Necromancer
7. Ranger
8. Mesmer
9. Thief

Though generally since all condi class builds are generally tanky, you’d just want to latch on to whoever the lowest health foe is around you and help take them down.. my list is just the general.. Who I would focus last, This list is of course theoretical and all can be right or wrong based on the flow of the combat situation.

Kill Priority

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

that’s interesting, it’s somewhat in order of threat?

Not exactly. Necro and Ele are top priority because they have access to the most annoying AoEs. If you let a Necro live, it will spam AoE that heals their ally and debuff yours, thus they need to go down first. Ele makes sure that their Necro is safe. These two are the most troublesome in a zerg vs zerg fights, not to mention that Necro also have access to AoE fear.

This is not based on what I’ve seen from the opposition, it is from what I’ve seen we’re doing in our zerg group and it works every time. If you can protect your Necro and Ele, you can push back any zerg group — after HoT, I won’t be surprised seeing Reapers in the front line doing what they do now but with greater potency.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Kill Priority

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

Interesting interesting indeed. let’s see some more lists!

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Kill Priority

in Thief

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Rangers are a hard counter to thieves. Very wrong there. Just proved that you don’t pvp much.

Kill Priority

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Rangers are a hard counter to thieves. Very wrong there. Just proved that you don’t pvp much.

lol @ “hard counter”.

Rangers are free loot bags. Just ask any WvW Thief.

They pose no threat at all. Their pet are their undoing.

Obviously, you haven’t played WvW much.

Kill Priority

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

This order is based both on the time it would take to kill them and their relative threat if left unengaged. This is from a majority PvP perspective. Some of the higher priority stuff doesn’t mean that they’re the most dangerous, but will make it up to the top because the fight will be decided quickly allowing you to move to the next target.

1) Thief – Not exactly the most dangerous opponent, but if they’re the +1 when I get to the fight they need to be removed from the fight. Generally, if they’re around 2/3 health, an S/D burst is enough to down them.
2) Glass/cele staff ele – rare in PvP, but needs to be taken out quickly or could decimate your team in a short time. Luckily they die fast if glass and can’t ignore you at least if they are cele.
3) Mesmer – A pretty big threat. Depending on the build it can interrupt stomps and they usually have a safe stomp, turning the fight. You can at least keep them tied up so they can’t CC rezzes or burst down a teammate.
4) Power Rangers – Depending on their skill, they can actually be a pain to fight with all their CC, but they need to be taken out early or else your teammates are going to constantly eat 7k rapid fires, probably turning the fight.
5) Burn Guards – You’re probably going to need another teammate helping you focus this because of the sheer number of blocks and heals, but if they aren’t taken out early your team might run out of cleanses.
6) Necros – You just can’t let them snowball. They can interrupt stomps also and some of their AoE hurts. If they’re distracted by other people, picking them off isn’t too bad, but 1v1 they can be monsters.
7) Engi- CC is really annoying. Sometimes they’re a big threat, sometimes they’re the CC for setting up other teammates’ burst. Semi-squishy depending on their particular build, but sometimes I’ll see an elixir s use, then an auto proc elixir s, then into a gear shield, so finding a window can sometimes be hard.
8) Warrior – Capable of good burst, sustain, and CC. They can be dangerous to engage in a teamfight with all the cleave. From my perspective both playing as and against warrior, sometimes they’ll down thieves by accident while going after someone else.
9) Bunker guards-they can be annoying because they’re so supportive, but they’re one of my last targets because of the sustain and focus you’ll need.
10) D/D cele ele-grab a friend, because they’re going to need to be focused. 2 of these on a point rotating at slightly alternating times is a nightmare. Yeah, the threat level should put them higher on the list, but the sustain bumps them way down because it’s going to take a concerted effort to kill them, dodge all their hard hitting attacks, and dodge everyone else’s incoming attacks.
11) Condi Rangers-can be a threat, but going in to attack them will lead to them evading everything while you burn to death. They’re a big time commitment to down, so they’re last on my list.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

Kill Priority

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

1. Leave wvw or reroll other class if you want to fight anyone there
2. go to pvp
3. find a team of good players (preferably mostly dd eles)
4. let them carry you while you play their pet
5. profit

i am dead serious :| i really wouldn’t even bother engaging any of the classes right now, besides thief ofc (that under assumption of same skill level and proper builds)

IF i had literary no choice by all means and had to fight anyway, the list would go (pvp perspective):
1. mesmers – because if you let mesmer free cast they gonna wipe your whole team
2. thief, because easy to kill (as thief)
Next ones are kind of tricky, it really depends on their builds and team situation
3. ranger – same reason as mesmer, however puts less pressure than mesmer and is easier to kill
4. squishier revenant – if you manage to avoid their iwin buttons you can actually kill them
5. necro – same thing as mesmer, except necro is easier to focus due to lack of moblity and stealth but takes longer to kill
6. warriors – can be doable with blinds and if they don’t have rampage
7. engi – can die under focus fire, just have to make sure not to get hit by anything and put pressure between invuls
8. bunker guard – if you are bored~~~~
9. condi ranger – eeeek, can be won by some miracle if using hs at right times, avoiding all CCs, kiting etc.
10. condi/bunker revenant – really really bad idea, have to kite mallyx and stack poison/CC outside of it.
11. medi/burn guards – very bad idea to engage…. frankly would suggest to afk somewhere else
12. eles – just…. don’t even bother; too much of everything on too low CD… just uninstall game. You know that undestructable training golem in HotM? Yea that’s dd ele, expect they can kill you pretty fast if you are not careful.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Kill Priority

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

Are you serious mate? He must be joking. Yeah he is.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Kill Priority

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Bunker turns your daggers to wet noodles and bullets to rice balls…I don’t bother wasting my time on them.

Kill Priority

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

My list aims more at distractions and easier targets.

1- Thief. – VIP target. They could mess up my rotation pretty badly, including my escape.
2- Ranger- Easiest target.
3- Mesmer – Biggest nuisance

after this line it gets serious

4- Necromancer – Most Threatening & tankiest
5- Elementalist – most damaging
6- Warrior – A Rifle Killshot in the midst of battle and it’s GG
7-Guardian – could easily turn the tide of battle
8- Engineer – not too worried.
9- Revenant Hoping he is dead by the time the time i get to #4

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Kill Priority

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

0 – Anyone who’s hard focusing me, since I do no damage while dead.
1 – Thief
2 – Ranger
3 – Mesmer
4 – Guardian (Assuming DPS/Burn)
—-
Following really depends on who’s used what defenses, but if I had too…
5 – Ele
6 – Engi
7 – Warrior
8 – Necro
9 – Guardian (Assuming Bunker)
Feel like it’s too early to comment on Revenant.

Only feel like explaining #1 & #2. In a teamfight, if you don’t focus the enemy thief and he/she focuses you’ll quickly find yourself in the situation I described in #0. Similarly just letting the enemy thief live gives them free reign to burst down allies. On the other hand bursting down the enemy thief should be easy in a teamfight, unless they stealth for long periods of time just to avoid you – but this isn’t really a bad situation for you considering that you’ve just rendered the enemy thief useless. Same goes for ranger, in a teamfight you can’t afford to have a ranger hitting you down with Rapid Fire and Point Blank Shot for free. While on the other hand, with only one invuln they’re pretty easy to kill if you go for them.