LF some help/advice.

LF some help/advice.

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

so i reinstalled GW2 few weeks ago and hit lvl 80 on Thief finally, now ill admit im not sure what hell im doing in WvW im also aware of fact that im playing totally wrong but i like it! but now ill try play Thief proper but i need a helping hand.

ill try explain how i play Thief right now, im pure condition build (even tho i got told to use pistol i hate pistol :p) with D/D then again im rushing like a idiot into middle of my enemies and sadly for me, my server doesnt have nearly as much folks to play with as our enemy who always a massive zerg.

anyway if 2 blobs hit each other i just run into them and drop caltrops, then i do some dodges(since i have some trait for more caltrops drops) and spam death blossom. now if my world isnt rushing on them at that point. im dead (yes like i said im idiot thief im aware of fact that i shouldnt be a front line warrior)

anyway now i came to realize this way i play is lovely for PvE since i get tons of HP return like that. but for WvW its from my point of view not that good.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoYVl8Mp5pdPxzJ0PNBTRwZQhvn59eVB this is setup i use
armor is: Apothecary’s
Daggers: Carrion legionnaire dagger of corruption

as for rings etc its all crap i didnt buy anything for it, not saying weap/armor are amazing but im fresh toon i dont have any gold.

none the less what i want is be somewhat usefull in small scale PvP and do proper amount of damage to 1 target, i just dont know what traits i need neither what weapon i need. i do have enough karma/badges to buy any full armor set from WvW or other trades but then again i dont know what is good.
infact everytime i have to look up what stat is doing what. thus why instead of wasting my precious gold on miss buys i rather just work towards something that works right away.

side not i did try Sword/Dagger also but i personally dont like sword either.
anyway i take any suggestions aslong i can keep my short bow as secondary weapon i simply love this thing.

and last thing just wonder about one more thing, when i see other thiefs they go up in smoke when i fight them one on one, im aware of teleport thingy with sword/dagger or something and that 5 gives u a hide skill for x seconds but they go far longer in hide then i can possibly reproduce even by constantly tapping kittenting something i can nearly get as far away as they do since i cant hit anything at some point anymore.

anyway its rly long post but i hope some1 has some time to explain me some stuff!

side not i dont understand half the lil words people use on this forum thus why some guides are hard to understand for me also! i did read quite few guides thats where i got this setup from also which i use now.

LF some help/advice.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I can’t really help you for the most part of your post, since I’m only slightly more experienced than you, but I will offer this response to your confusion on the length of stealth at the end:

In PvP things get much more exciting, but also sometimes disorienting for inexperienced players. I’ve thought the same about other thieves stealth when I first started out in PvP/WvW, but the more I played, the more I realized that it just seems like it lasts longer because the action is so fast paced – and when the enemy disappears, those few seconds of nothing, anticipating a stealth-attack, not knowing whats happening next – feels like it takes an eternity.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

LF some help/advice.

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

If you need help on thief, builds or gameplay you can whisper me in game (Alex Romanov is my character) and we can get together sometime and train, I can help you make builds for each game mode and show you extra things that will help you do better anywhere you are. Or at least I can try…

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

LF some help/advice.

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

ah i tried but then i did some research and saw your from NA server :p (checked your twitch history videos).

the thing is i dont know if your geared or not but im not even doing half your damage, now im aware im condition build. but even if i want to change to being more of a burst type i dont know where to start.

like im always wondering should i buy mist armor set from WvW merchant or berzerker set from Auction house.
basically my problem is figuring out how important each stat is, i just see numbers but i dont really know how much it increase my damage/stats roughly so im kinda lost with that :p.

im trying to look up videos/guides but no1 really mentions what armor they use they just give their builds

LF some help/advice.

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Want me to make a thief guide? I could cover all the builds I know and explain things as best I can. May even be able to get one up in the next couple of hours if things go well. Then if you have any questions you can ask in accordance to that if I didn’t answer your questions.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!