Laela Blackbird P/D & D/D Roaming [WvW]

in Thief

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

For those who know me. It’s been a long time since I put out a new video (roughly two months), I apologize for that but I don’t think it’ll get “better” in the future, I always try to make my videos better and better but I hit a ceiling editing-wise. This is as far as my capabilities go tbh. ;p The intro took me hours to make, a good editer could probably do this in a matter of minutes.

As for the video, I deliberately picked actions where I fight 1v5+ and end up dying as I feel those reflect like 90% of the fights I have in WvW. I could have easily put in a bunch of 1v3’s against upscales or people that obviously have no clue what they’re doing but this isn’t realistic to what WvW looks like from my perspective.

I have 3 harddrives filled with footage, possibly better stuff than what I have in the video.. but it’s time to wipe my harddrives clean so I can start with fresh footage. Not everything fits in one video sadly, it’s hours of gameplay so I didn’t browse throught all of it. :/ Either way I’m satisfied with the result and I hope you’ll be aswell.

Enjoy, feedback is always welcomed!

(edited by Sceinna.3561)

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

That charr ranger at 9:24 is genius- cast barrage on you and fear you out of it with his pet
Oh and I approve music choice at that part!
Edit:
(3600 seconds between posts?really?!)
Dude you put video of me using foul language in map chat! Might get banned again now even though I’m not actually playing for a long time now:D
Although what I said in party chat about stomp/ress speed is golden truth.
Edit Nr.2: And my Valentine pvp hero signature is gone again :/ kitten corruption.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

(edited by Karolis.4261)

in Thief

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

We rant on /whisper everyday and somehow I didn’t make it to the clip. Shame on you
I really enjoyed your vid.
Karolis, come back to gw2 so I can pwn you two again <3

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

xD @ you both

Kylla I miss you man!

in Thief

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Sick skills, inspiring vid. Gratz!

[HUE]

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

Thank you for your kindness.

I had a guy (and if you happen to read this, you’re awesome) pm me he’d pay me 50g a hour to become better at thief. I’m still overwhelmed lol. xD (I’m an OK player, but there’s definitely more talented guys out there to ask)

Had some great responses from people, this is what I do it for, money I can’t make from the videos since I use copyrighted music but the kindness of people is awesome. <3

in Thief

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

You’re a really talented thief. I haven’t seen someone play like that in a very very long time. Such a inspiring video. Thank you.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

Thank you for the kind words. <3

in Thief

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

Mind sharing what build(s) you use? I am curious, I have a thief and I am looking to get better at roaming so I have been looking at various ways I could improve my own gameplay.

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

in Thief

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

good stuff buddy!
we forgot to have a rematch last week btw :p

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Awesome video, good job!

And you got some skills as well. Keep it up

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

as always great work and gameplay
i love to roam with you and against you
looking forward for your next vid

in Thief

Posted by: shocking.3269

shocking.3269

Excellent vid. Been looking for some current DD vids to help me in my gameplay for my DD thief while roaming.

Thanks. Keep ém coming

Savajj Blayde Lvl 80 Thief
Hrafn Skaarsgard Lvl 80 Healadin Guard
Beastgate – 2vs1? Who cares! We are just here for the fight! ;)

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

Thank you so much all of you, means a lot to me.

I can take critism but I’m always afraid of responses when I put out a video, thinking people will not like it.. it’s been overwhelming. I’m thinking I might do more videos again and not just 1 every 2 months or so. ;p

Mind sharing what build(s) you use? I am curious, I have a thief and I am looking to get better at roaming so I have been looking at various ways I could improve my own gameplay.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vYAQNAoYVl0MpyplPx0J0PNRs9on+kocPSqTbaXBsC-z0CB4LCiEEQEFAUBgpqZN9ZIilhFRjVbDTZKpqYCyuDJNAACA7cn7MkCYglRA-w

Change Traveler runes to Centaur runes though, made this template pre patch. Centaur runes are way better for D/D (if you run Withdraw), if you run HiS, go with Strength.

Also replace “Sigil of Force” to Fire, sorta fixes the damage loss from last patch since the sigils proc way better now.

(edited by Sceinna.3561)

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Thank you so much all of you, means a lot to me.

I can take critism but I’m always afraid of responses when I put out a video, thinking people will not like it.. it’s been overwhelming. I’m thinking I might do more videos again and not just 1 every 2 months or so. ;p

I think you should, it’s an inspiration to watch :-)

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Loved the D7D section, really ace movement and positioning. Interesting build too, combining both survivability, dodges and damage.

P/D on the other hand, as I’m sure you’re aware, is basically like playing with training wheels and a safety net.

in Thief

Posted by: DatPieGuy.6540

DatPieGuy.6540

Not available on mobile

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

Hey, was aware of this. It should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing out.

in Thief

Posted by: Discordia.7293

Discordia.7293

Nice video especially when playing d / d. Condition is very easy to play and has plenty of survival.

But try to kill one good enginner pistol/shield champion genius condition easy mode, one heal and burning from hell

Thief rank 80 – I hate overpower condition duration in wvw.

in Thief

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

Wow..that was really good. It’s very clear that you know your class. Liked, subscribed and looking forward to seeing more!

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

Thanks all. <3

I don’t want to turn this into a p/d discussion but I don’t really understand why you’re saying it’s so easymode. I still have to go in for CnDs (infact it’s harder to cleanse blinds/aegis with it than dagger main hand ;p). The only thing that benefits me is I can run a lot tankier (dire), have seamlessly endly dodges and I can create a gap (thus take less damage) between me and my opponents.

But there are so many cheesy builds in WvW nowadays, you almost have to run something cheesy yourself to keep up with it.

I’m a real “winner”, trust me that I was kittened after losing those outnumbered fights, I often go head on 1v10 and I’ll end up being kittened dying, it’s dumb.. but hey. :P My point is though, almost everyone is running some sort of cheesy build right now in WvW, don’t see why I couldn’t run p/d then.. because I will still run P/D as well as D/D. :P

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Thanks all. <3

I don’t want to turn this into a p/d discussion but I don’t really understand why you’re saying it’s so easymode. I still have to go in for CnDs (infact it’s harder to cleanse blinds/aegis with it than dagger main hand ;p). The only thing that benefits me is I can run a lot tankier (dire), have seamlessly endly dodges and I can create a gap (thus take less damage) between me and my opponents.

But there are so many cheesy builds in WvW nowadays, you almost have to run something cheesy yourself to keep up with it.

I’m a real “winner”, trust me that I was kittened after losing those outnumbered fights, I often go head on 1v10 and I’ll end up being kittened dying, it’s dumb.. but hey. :P My point is though, almost everyone is running some sort of cheesy build right now in WvW, don’t see why I couldn’t run p/d then.. because I will still run P/D as well as D/D. :P

true true I agree pd isn’t really easier to play than other weapons sets. Its perplex runes and dire gear thats the problem just make things far to easy. Though thats not a thief specific problem.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

The positioning with p/d is easier.

Regarding your video, I am really surprised. I was looking for some p/d action, because some of my guild members are playing p/d and I only know your condi vids.
But your d/d gameplay was really good and entertaining. Thanks for uploading such great fights, even if you could not achieve something in some fights. You have some great movement that doesn’t shine when you play p/d.
One of the best vids I have seen in a while.

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

It’s hard to shine as D/D in outnumbered fights since all people do is spam 1 all around them. I try to run as tanky as I can while maintaining my dps but you can see how tight it is, you have to put pressure really hard and you’re running at less than half health for most of the fight. ;p

I wish dagger off hand would get some more love, it’s sad to see D/D vanish from WvW scene and condi or d/p builds take over but this has been going on for months ofc.

If Anet would only start with fixing SA5, last refuge.. that’d be a huge change for D/D. (or give us the option to blank out traits.. because I wouldn’t miss that minor one a second ;p)

(edited by Sceinna.3561)

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Alot of wasted dodge rolls because it looks cool flip dodging. I know there is a slight distant advantage to jump dodging it’s even stated on the wiki (I think some people do it cause it looks cool). Still hate seeing wasted dodges like that usually after every CnD you would jump dodge even if there was no threat especially in your condi footage.

Other than that good video.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

My point is though, almost everyone is running some sort of cheesy build right now in WvW, don’t see why I couldn’t run p/d then.. because I will still run P/D as well as D/D. :P

I completely agree with you on this one. Honestly, people should play what ever they enjoy the most, whether it’s considered cheesy or not. Either way, a lot of people consider thief being cheesy already, so it doesn’t even matter what kind of build you play as long as you play a thief, you are cheesy! :P

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Very entertaining. I was watching it low res and couldn’t understand what was on your head in one of the camp battles but then I realized it was the bobblehead effect LOL.

Kinda makes me want to try S/D again, even though every time I equip a sword I fail miserably at it lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Alot of wasted dodge rolls because it looks cool flip dodging. I know there is a slight distant advantage to jump dodging it’s even stated on the wiki (I think some people do it cause it looks cool). Still hate seeing wasted dodges like that usually after every CnD you would jump dodge even if there was no threat especially in your condi footage.

Well with condi build dodges after CnD is done mainly to apply dodgetrops. I myself got used dodging so much straight after CnD when playing p/d with dodgetrops that it transfered to my D/D gameplay permanetly, even when using blind on stealth. But in reality in such outnumbered fights… whenever you randomly dodge you will, most likely, dodge something.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Well with condi build dodges after CnD is done mainly to apply dodgetrops. I myself got used dodging so much straight after CnD when playing p/d with dodgetrops that it transfered to my D/D gameplay permanetly, even when using blind on stealth. But in reality in such outnumbered fights… whenever you randomly dodge you will, most likely, dodge something.

Also swiftness on dodge traited. Maybe not every dodge was the most effective all the time, but to each their own.

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

Hey, kinda what Karolis said~

For me it’s more like, I’m visible a split second, I’ll dodge any damage I’ll be receiving. I always try to make sure I got atleast one extra dodge or a breaker for Hammerstuns etc tho.

“Wasting” my dodges in these fights saves me a lot of health, it’s all situational ofc.. ;p like I said, if there’s hammerstun warriors around, I wouldn’t be spamming dodges like that. ;p

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

I do dodges just like that too, I call it a safety dodge haha.

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

That’s cause you double tap.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

Wut, double tap?

in Thief

Sceinna.3561

I also dodge as gap closer & covering up CnD (if you time it well, the animation gets screwed, harder for people to dodge it, same reason I use whirl to CnD lol.. you block out the CnD animation & break aegis & blinds)