Last Refuge

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Can we get this freaking horrible trait removed for once? Not so often it kittens you up rather than help,aka "Ops! You wanted to cast C&D to run away? Let me screw you up using Blinding Powder first, so you get revealed debuff : ) ". And what’s even worse, it’s a auto-trigger minor trait that I am obligated to have if I’m investing in the Shadow Art line. For those who don’t know what it is:
“Use Blinding Power when your health reach 25% (90s cd)”.
9 out off 10 scientists agree, Last Refuge sucks.
And while we are at fixing suff, please Anet, fix the “obstructed” bug from ranged attacks (happens alot with Scorpion Wire).

(edited by Asomal.6453)

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Gungnir Grimm.7123

Gungnir Grimm.7123

not saying it shouldn’t be switched with a major trait, no minor trait should force you to change your play style, but it is far from horrible. you just have to play with it in mind. when you are near the 25% health trigger, either take the hit or use a non attack method of going into stealth. I love the thing.

Gungnir Grimm – 80 Thief
Gungnir Aurus – 80 Guardian
[AUX] Isle of Janthir

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

They will never move last refuge. No matter what reasons you have even if it gets groups killed in instances or free rallys from illusion of life or vengeance, attacking or trying to attack mobs you dont even look at, or does not provide any benefit while you are in combat 1 vs 1 like everyone else 5 point triat because it spawns on death and then might keep you in combat to it dies. Anet will not remove it or move it for you. The necro community has been wanting the 5 point reanimator to be turned off, swapped, or just left blank for months. Then they gave it more hp or lowered its health degen and we can finally have more then 1 up at a time for the good it does which is still nothing since it still attacks what it wants, still can be used as a cheap rally under certain conditions.

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

…But if we disguise ourselves as other classes and start to QQ that Last Refuge is too OP and it needs nerf,otherwise ppl will stop playing and GW2 will never make it to
e-sport,they just might remove it :P

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Last Refuge is not OP, it’s kittenty. 90% of the time, gets you killed in PVP. Today for example, happened 3 matches in a row. I would survive those encounters wasn’t for this kittening trait getting me revealed whenever I used C&D to recover some HP.

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Last Refuge is not OP, it’s kittenty. 90% of the time, gets you killed in PVP. Today for example, happened 3 matches in a row. I would survive those encounters wasn’t for this kittening trait getting me revealed whenever I used C&D to recover some HP.

He was joking that it might be easier to get it removed by complaining that it was OP than by complaining it’s worse than nothing.

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

How much Hp do you have? Seems like you got low hp.

Pineapples

Last Refuge

in Thief

ZLE.8293

He was joking that it might be easier to get it removed by complaining that it was OP than by complaining it’s worse than nothing.

Hehe,some people
Anyways i suggested long ago Last Refuge(which is essentially Blinding Powder on proc)to be replaced with Black Powder(Pistol #5).It will be both useful and harmless in terms of “proc in a middle of action” aspect.

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

This trait is fine, its probally one of the better minor traits we have. Move along.

Last Refuge

in Thief

ZLE.8293

This trait is fine, its probally one of the better minor traits we have. Move along.

Care to share your build?I maybe missing something…

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

they should add an icon or something to let us know if it is in cooldown.
that will be enough.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Remove the cooldown, make qq’ers qq.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Remove the cooldown, make qq’ers qq.

?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

I do agree with OP; the minor trait, Last Refuge, gets more P/D and D/D thieves killed on more occasions than saving their butts. I’m running a P/D Condition Thief with 20K Health, 2600 Armor, and close to 1200 Condition Damage while unbuffed. If ‘Last Refuge’ activates just before I melee a player to enter stealth with C&D, I would be revealed for about 2 seconds (that’s 2 seconds of "Hey, kick my butt,’ wasting my endurance on two dodge rolls, or wasting the stealth on my Heal, Hide in the Shadow). While revealed, thieves can not enter stealth and can be focused down easily if they don’t have Shadow Step. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind just having the blind, but do something about the stealth from the trait. This trait and its activation is manageable in sPvP, but WvWvW is a different story.

Last Refuge

in Thief

ZLE.8293

Last Refuge+Dagger Storm=100% dead Thief

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Last Refuge+Dagger Storm=100% dead Thief

I noticed it even with blinding powder ( active). Many times if i try to use blinding powder after i just finished dagger storm i get revealed instantly.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough