Last Refuge

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

This ability was designed and implemented before the revealed debuff was ever added and really really needs to be looked at. A quick fix would simply be to add 4 seconds to the next applied stealth, so that it can be a planned event instead of something fortuitous.

In its current state the tooltip might as well read: “Adds 3 seconds of revealed when you reach 25% health”

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

That or just make it apply blind only and drop the CD on it and/or raise the hp threshold, an aoe blind on a 20-30 second CD would not be the worst 5 point minor ever, certainly be an improvement to what we have now.,

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: cottage.3274

cottage.3274

easy fix they just need to rename it to kamikaze since it kills you more times then it saves you.
so if they rename it at least you know its working as intended
anyway yea this was discussed aaaaaaaaaalot before, yet noting was done so far… one can only hope anet will get around to it in 2016.

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Simple fix:

Last Refuge:

Use Black Powder when your health reaches a certain threshold.

Health Threshold: 25%

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Simple fix:

Last Refuge:

And how should this help?
Black Powder works only against Meleeattacks.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

The idea of the trait is just fine, it’s how it works which is not. It doesn’t interrupt your current action, which probably is because it’s just a trait. It doesn’t take previous reveal in account and it doesn’t queue up after your current action.

My solution, since I like the trait if it could work better.

Last Refuge:
30% threshold
40 sec cooldown.
Drop a smokebomb blinding nearby foes within a radius of 350 followed by a stealth with 1/4 sec cast time(clears current reveal, queues up after current action, works while stunned and channels while dodging.)

In return, this trait should be made into a major trait, +1 sec stealth should be the new minor trait in the adept tier, since it’s the only useful one while not being too strong. Infusion of shadows could be put at 15 since most people want this trait and it goes well into most builds, I personally don’t use IoS anymore and it will be nerfed 10th December, but would rather have that instead of last refuge.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Last Refuge

in Thief

Black Teagan.9215

Remove the cast time and it could fits.

I were happy, if LR give you extra reg and protection.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Last Refuge

in Thief

teg.1340

Simple fix:

Last Refuge:

Serious question? HS through the smoke fields grants stealth…

Last Refuge

in Thief

Black Teagan.9215

Simple fix:

Last Refuge:

Serious question? HS through the smoke fields grants stealth…

That argument doesn’t hold.
Not every thief use daggers in the mainhand and BP is useless if player or monster play Ping-Pong (CC’s) with you or use range and aoe attacks.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

Last Refuge

in Thief

teg.1340

Not every thief use daggers in the mainhand and BP is useless if player or monster play Ping-Pong (CC’s) with you or use range and aoe attacks.

So you want an out-of-jail card which saves your kitten in every possible situation? That would be way over the top for a 5 point minor trait.

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

As opposed to being a certain death trait right now?

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

lol. You know how many times this skill has screwed me over while im in the middle of a atk and hit 25% hp. Just to be standing there stupid with “revealed status” for 3 seconds… Stop using it… You’re better off using the utility skill then this

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i was thinking about this again the other day….and i found a fix….well….that fixes it

All you have to do…………….is……………

make last refuge take precedence over whatever you are doing (interrupt any skill being used) and ignore outgoing damage so it puts a 3 second stealth on you that cannot be removed without another attack.

Last Refuge

in Thief

Kadin.2356

Stop using it… You’re better off using the utility skill then this

That’s the main problem, you can’t “stop using it” as it’s the adept trait in the shadow arts line so as long as you go more than 5 points deep you end up with this Russian roulette of an ability.

make last refuge take precedence over whatever you are doing (interrupt any skill being used) and ignore outgoing damage so it puts a 3 second stealth on you that cannot be removed without another attack.

What so you can just attack from stealth without getting revealed? No it’s much easier just to, as I suggested, make the next stealth last 4 seconds longer so that you can actually stay in stealth and heal up a little (which is the whole point of the shadow arts tree anyway)

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

The easiest fix would be to make it so that any attacks from stealth for 1.5s would not cause reveal/remove stealth. Problem is when it procs in the middle of a cnd or in the middle of a bp+hs with someone targeted.

Just another noob thief…

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

The simplest fix for Last Refuge is to give it the same Revealed-ignoring effect that Mesmer’s Decoy skill applies. I honestly don’t know why this hasn’t been done, since the existence of Decoy implies both:

1. The ability exists in the current codebase.
  2. More importantly, the ability can be done.

Especially when one considers the name “Last Refuge,” and its operating conditions. There’s no logical reason it doesn’t already function in this manner. As it stands now, LR is Thief’s “Reanimator;” that Trait you’re stuck with, and despise.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Stop using it… You’re better off using the utility skill then this

That’s the main problem, you can’t “stop using it” as it’s the adept trait in the shadow arts line so as long as you go more than 5 points deep you end up with this Russian roulette of an ability.

What so you can just attack from stealth without getting revealed? No it’s much easier just to, as I suggested, make the next stealth last 4 seconds longer so that you can actually stay in stealth and heal up a little (which is the whole point of the shadow arts tree anyway)

u didnt read it correctly so let me try a lil more … simply.

Last refuge should take precedence. interupts any and all activated skills. it blocks all your skills from going off for .5 seconds after. invis for 1.5 secs total so for the last 1 sec you can still get revealed if u so choose to attack. get it now?

Last Refuge

in Thief

teg.1340

I’ve filed a bug report for this topic:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Thief-trait-Last-Refuge

Hopefully Anet does recognize it.

Last Refuge

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I’ve filed a bug report for this topic:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Thief-trait-Last-Refuge

Hopefully Anet does recognize it.

Don’t, they’ll probably reduce the cooldown again.

The issues with this skill have been bugging thieves ever since reveal was introduced,
and they’ve done nothing to it. Well, they reduced the cooldown of it, making it trigger more frequently.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Last Refuge

in Thief

teg.1340

I’m not sure Anet is aware of the issues, so my intention is to get Anets attention.

It’s hard to believe for me that they knowningly ignore it.

Last Refuge

in Thief

Kadin.2356

Ya know it doesn’t even have to be a stealth, just have it apply regen + aegis, that would actually be handy and I imagine wouldn’t require massive coding changes.

Last Refuge

in Thief

teg.1340

Kadin, this is also a valid suggestion. Please post it in the appropriate suggestion thread so hopefully Anet reads it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Suggestiont-to-fix-Thief-trait-Last-Refuge/