Last Refuge Cooldown Reduction

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

The most divisive (read: hated) minor trait in the game will soon trigger more often…

Thanks ANet.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

I learned something months ago. Watch your hp bar. Cool thing is you can actually use it to your advantage if your not spamming 2 all day long.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Thief

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Those patch notes are probably fake, so chill out.

in Thief

Kaon.7192

I learned something months ago. Watch your hp bar. Cool thing is you can actually use it to your advantage if your not spamming 2 all day long.

How exactly would watching your HP bar help predict when you fall below 25% health when it is not you, but your enemy/enemies, who control when you take damage and how much damage you take?

in Thief

Kaon.7192

Those patch notes are probably fake, so chill out.

It’d be most likely out-of-date by the time the changes are released, but I wouldn’t be so quick to declare it fake judging from the level of detail.

And some of the changes are actually pretty nice like the new Shadow Trap and Sleight of Hand (others, not so much…), so personally I’m hoping it’s the real deal. Just disappointed they haven’t gotten around to changing Last Refuge yet.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Thief

sorrow.2364

It’d be most likely out-of-date by the time the changes are released, but I wouldn’t be so quick to declare it fake judging from the level of detail.

And some of the changes are actually pretty nice like the new Shadow Trap and Sleight of Hand (others, not so much…), so personally I’m hoping it’s the real deal. Just disappointed they haven’t gotten around to changing Last Refuge yet.

Check the Necromancers change and the topic in the Necromancer’s forum.
There are several proofs of why those patch notes are fake.
If they were true, they are going to make Necromancer the next FotM OP profession.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

If they were true, they are going to make Necromancer the next FotM OP profession.

That’s no proof. ANet is perfectly capable of that.

in Thief

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

+1, this man here is very wise.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Thief

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

I don’t see any problem… Last Refuge saved my life so often and never killed me in 1200h as a thief
(PvE only)

[rT]

in Thief

PistolWhip.2697

Its mostly an issue in PvP I find.

Another funny thing I’ve noticed is, if you shadow refuge (usually the case) or stealth in some other form at low health, if a player’s accidental AoE isn’t enough to kill you, in a situation where you’d normally escape you don’t…. Because a smoke animation plays telling them the area of your whereabouts, I always thought that was silly to play while already in stealth.

I’ve beaten a lot of thieves in duels thanks to using this as a place to swing my weapons for there general area and gotten more than my fair share of thieves because of the smoke cloud animation <.<

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Its not our fault, if they cant dogde this.

Edit: Sry wrong subject.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Its not our fault, if you cant dogde this.

Wat? I don’t uderstand what you mean by dodging but w/e. Personally when I know I’m getting “low” or focused below 50% hp (keep in mind I rock a 12K hp bar with almost no armor) I know my last refuge will trigger soon. Simply dodge roll and hit my heal skill. Most likely situation is my heal will go off when someone is channeling a skill or use a chunk of dmg triggering my Last Refuge and heal at the same time. This stacks the stealth nicely. Combining this with Infusion Of Shadow, Shadow’s Embrace, and Shadow Rejuv I get a almost full condition clear and heal.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Thief

PistolWhip.2697

I wish it was just optional it would stop all these problems. Can’t the minor trait be something else? Like, at 25% gain regen or something? I don’t mind how useless I just wish it wasn’t the first trait you had to take.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

I think this buff to Last Refuge is not enough. I mean Engineer is a master at using condition and they got something called “Automated Response: Become immune to conditions when health is below 25%”. And as of us, Thiefs, I think we should get something like that too. Since we are a master at using stealth therefore we should get something like this “Last Refuge: Become immune to Stealth when health is below 25%”

Anet can you please buff us a little bit more, just a bit more and we will get there.

All is vain.

in Thief

PistolWhip.2697

Wait, immune to stealth? Lol you mean like an automatic revealed?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

The most divisive (read: hated) minor trait in the game will soon trigger more often…

Thanks ANet.

“Thanks ANet”? Do you really not have any idea just how spectacularly unlikely it is that those “leaked” patch notes are real?

Hey, man. I heard this guy say the Illuminati is going to place the Hamburgler as the new president in 2016, who will then work to instate an Autocracy wherein the old and feeble are ground into meat patties to be sold over seas at the new restaurant chain, McSoylent.

So let’s all complain about that.

in Thief

sorrow.2364

Yeah, but they never made it that obvious.

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

All they need to do, is make Last Refuge exempt from the revealed debuff.

in Thief

Posted by: Doopslayer.2304

Doopslayer.2304

Muahahaha, we of the necromancers guild have stolen your precious OPnes and have used it to make spectral wall the most powerful move in the game!!!!! FEAR fear, FEAR terror (the trait), FEAR spectral wall

(I never thought theives were OP, and neither will be necroes, but it is fun to take on a persona)