Last Refuge Minor Trait

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

Last Refuge:Use Blinding Powder when your health reaches 25%(90-second cooldown)

In theory it sounds great,but the truth is that this trait is by far the main reason of my deaths.I would say that 9 out of 10 occasions when it procs it secures my death,instead of helping me in some way.I cannot recall how many times while fighting it activates suddenly from a huge damage skill just to be removed 1/100 of a second later from my skill,causing me being with <25%HP+3 sec revealed debuff=100% dead thief.
The nasty graphical bug,that sometimes shows you completely visible w/o any transparency or blur while in Stealth doesn’t help at all.If i could disable it ,i would do it right away.But i can’t. I would propose a small change to it:Make it auto-daze the thief for 1 second upon proc,just to eliminate the chance to be removed right away by reflex or latency.This is just an idea.I don’t know if this is a good proposal,neither if it will work with Shadows Embrace Trait.Just in it’s curent status this trait is more harmful than a helpful.Any ideas?Maybe comment a bit?Thanks.

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

(edited by ZLE.8293)

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Last Refuge / Instinctual Response useless with the current stealth mechanics. Revealed effect turns these traits in the trash. They kill, not save you.
Propose to replace the effect of a second Evade / Invulnerability / Distortion or two seconds Endure Pain. This would make it more balanced builds better for pvp, and will also be very useful for pve.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

It’s a stupid trait, hard to fix, but I found it very important anyway.

Signed, level 1 alt

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

ZLE.8293

It’s a stupid trait, hard to fix, but I found it very important anyway.

It works of you are trying to run away and somebody is shooting you at the back,but if you are actually fighting it seals your death.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

It doesn’t always kill you, but if you spam heartseeker or anything similar at low hp (simply skill 1 mashing), you have to expect it.

Signed, level 1 alt

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

ZLE.8293

I don’t spam anything ever.Pistol-Dagger condition Thief doesn’t spam.And yet it somehow manage to kill me,especially when Stealth bug appears(the one that shows you visible and you cannot know that you are in Stealth already,unless you watch your buffs mini-bar).

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

It seems like Dagins did nothing or stand still when he is about to hit 25% of HP thats why he knows we are bad and he is good.

Back to the topic, honestly this is not as bad as when the game first released. When the game was released they change Blinding Powder and Last Refuge to interrupt your action which in result your Healing skill and Stomp were interrupted by Last Refuge and that was the worse became nightmare. Thanks god they got it fixed.

IMO, they should add a mechanic that prevent “Revealed” from apply for 1/2sec when Last Refuge triggered.

All is vain.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

IMO, they should add a mechanic that prevent “Revealed” from apply for 1/2sec when Last Refuge triggered.

Imo too, this is the most reasonable solution to this problem.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

ZLE.8293

Or they could leave it that way and rename it to “Last Mistake”

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

Or they could exempt the last refuge/ instinctual response trait not affected by reveal debuff,

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I die to this all the time. It’s just natural that when you get low on health you are trying to pull off a C&D so this goes off right before C&D hits and gets you killed. It sucks because the only way to avoid it is to simply stop fighting when you get to ~30% and let it happen and that’s really hard to do.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

ZLE.8293

It sucks because the only way to avoid it is to simply stop fighting when you get to ~30% and let it happen and that’s really hard to do.

Many times you(we) go directly from 50-60% to 25% either from Eviscerate,or sudden pull+Whirling Wrath(there is many examples,just name one) and the trait is suppose to help you with the task to survive,not to be obstacle that you hope to overcome w/o consequences.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Or they could leave it that way and rename it to “Last Mistake”

Better : “Famous last words”

You can’t catch me, I got a smoke bomb!

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Imo just make it NOT trigger reveled.
Otherwise replace it with something new. Don’t have a suggestion for it right now but I’ll think about it :p

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

ZLE.8293

Not triggering revealed is maybe hard to do.I mean everything else trigger it,and all of a sudden one trait doesn’t.I am not a programmer,but i imagine it difficult one thing to brake the laws of nature that everything else obey(sort of speak).

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I would be happy with just a AoE blind and no stealth at this point. I’d remove the trait and keep the rest of Shadow arts if I could.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Not triggering revealed is maybe hard to do.I mean everything else trigger it,and all of a sudden one trait doesn’t.I am not a programmer,but i imagine it difficult one thing to brake the laws of nature that everything else obey(sort of speak).

They could make the trait apply a 2s buff that makes us immune to the Revealed debuff the same way Revealed makes us immune to stealth :p

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

ZLE.8293

They could make the trait apply a 2s buff that makes us immune to the Revealed debuff the same way Revealed makes us immune to stealth :p

This could be exploited.For 2 seconds you will be able to beat the s*** out of the target while in stealth.Don’t get me wrong,i also want this to be fixed,that’s why we are discussing here.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Dacromir.6207

Dacromir.6207

This used to kill me a lot. It still catches me in the middle of CnD, but it happens a lot less.

The key is to start actively anticipating this trait. Once I get low, I start paying really close attention to my health levels. Once I drop under 5k, I stop giving myself the revealed debuff. Once get near 4k, I stop attacking and just start moving erratically. The trait triggers at roughly 3.8k for me. I not only anticipate this trait, I actually depend on it for my survival.

If you start intentionally using it, it’s pretty useful. It still kills me when I forget about it, but it’s given me that crucial 4 seconds more (as well as 2 conditions removed and ~1.7k healing) that I need to survive more often.

That’s almost always long enough for Hide in Shadows, Blinding Powder, or Shadow Refuge to come up. If it’s my heal, then 6k from HiS plus another 3.4k from stealth regen is enough to bring me back up to near-full health. If it’s Blinding Powder, that’s usually enough to last until another stealth skill or heal comes up. Shadow Refuge will heal me for 7.2k with the skill’s healing and my stealth regen.

And, of course, I always have the option to swap to shortbow and disengage. You can shadowstep twice with 4s of stealth, so when you finally render you can be ~2,000" away.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

I don’t get why do I get traits I did not chose in every tree.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Jefzor.7145

Jefzor.7145

It’s one of the reasons I respec’d (I used to trait for Shadow Protector for dungeon runs)
Can’t they just make it a major trait and replace it by whatever.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

how about, we change it to gain endurance for 50% whenever we reach 25% of hp

an extra dodge whenever we are below 25% health is nice(i think)

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

How about change it to “Shadow Refuge” instead of Blinding Powder and “Ignores Revealed”.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

The best way to fix this (and others) would be to break stealth only if the attack that hits the opponent started the animation after gaining stealth. That and make you automatically stop attacking when entering stealth which most stealths do.

Another good think would be to return this trait to its previous state: It casted Shadow Refuge, that’s the reason why it’s called Last Refuge in the beginning.

Casting Shadow Refuge would make it at least heal you and would bring a combo field.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

Yep, Last Refuge causes at least half my deaths in PvP, it’s bull kitten.

People recommending that you “expect it when you’re low health” don’t know what they’re talking about. Exactly what point am I “low health?” 25%? 50%? 75%? And what pray tell should I do while “expecting it?”

Fiddling with revealed probably won’t happen.

I think the reasonable, clear solution is to cancel any queued or casting attack when it proc’s.

Now it’s gone from unintentional garbage to pretty handy.

Edit: Lockheit’s suggestion isn’t bad either. Thieves should control their own revealed debuff. Dying because some friendly threw down a shadow refuge while you casted a CnD is terrible.

(edited by Aeden.5896)

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

how about, we change it to gain endurance for 50% whenever we reach 25% of hp

an extra dodge whenever we are below 25% health is nice(i think)

So its like…. Rangers 50% Endurance Regeneration 5 point Trait except worthless.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Bump, this is really starting to grow on my nerves and actually causes me to die way more often than not, it needs some tweaks, make it reset blinding powder CD or something instead of this automatic thing that just screws us at the worst possible time.

Last Refuge Minor Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i agree with OP
i got killed several times by this trait, specialy when i used dagger storm /bow -cluster
i would suggest an option to dezactivate it, switch it with something else (aegis /regeneration 5 s ) or to remove reveal from this trait.
When you fight 1 vs 1 it can be controlled , but in 10 vs 10 it cannot be anymore

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills