Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

it is now an adept trait…

finally…

Last refuge - the battle ends

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

What are you suggesting with this post? I personally liked the trait a lot.:P (It saved me a lot of times:P) You think it should be removed entirely? (Please provide arguments why you’d like to see that) Or do you think it should be moved up the ladder or become a minor?

in Thief

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

I believe what BFMV is saying is that he’s fine with it being a trait that you choose, and not a minor that automatically applies for investing in SA.

For the past couple of years if you put even 2 points in SA for Shadow’s Embrace, then you also got Last Refuge as part of the package, which is a trait that has the potential to actually immediately reveal you instead of stealth you depending on the weapons you’re using or your play style. A lot of thief players have been asking for its removal for a long time, or at the very least removing it from the list of minor traits so thieves who want it can still take it, but you aren’t forced into taking it.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Thief

Strategist.6132

Mmm I guess you might have a point. Personally I think it’s a bad idea on trying to attack someone on 25 percentage, but I can imagine there are situation where this would be nice. Maybe it’s better that it’s an adapt now, even though I would personally have this trait instead of the ressurection trait. (But that’s personal opinion of course)

in Thief

Posted by: swaghaft.1732

swaghaft.1732

What are you suggesting with this post? I personally liked the trait a lot.:P (It saved me a lot of times:P) You think it should be removed entirely? (Please provide arguments why you’d like to see that) Or do you think it should be moved up the ladder or become a minor?

are you stupid or why do you post troll vomit like that? you can’t be taken serious.

in case you’re stupid:
https://www.google.de/search?q=gw2+thief+last+refuge&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=K2WAVYqfJMblUomVgegE#q=gw2+thief+last+refuge+site:forum-en.guildwars2.com

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

are you stupid or why do you post troll vomit like that? you can’t be taken serious.

in case you’re stupid:
https://www.google.de/search?q=gw2+thief+last+refuge&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=K2WAVYqfJMblUomVgegE#q=gw2+thief+last+refuge+site:forum-en.guildwars2.com

I wouldnt put it as harshly as you but yes, as long as its Blinding Powder on 25% health it should rather be removed as almost no one will take it (definitely not over SE but lets not look at that atm)
if both you and your opponent are low you kinda want to get him down before he gets you down – often a good idea is to be aggressive, as that will make a lot of players panic and play defensive. and that is what gives you the win

so lets assume you are about to C&D or to Hs through a blackpowder and random bleed puts you to the 25% health treshhold – awesome, youre revealed and wasted initiative

In a fight you will never be 100% able to say when youre gonna reach the treshhold and also the cooldown is not easy to keep track of in a longer fight.

So either it BP on 25% health should go to Blinding Powder on down and smoke screen on Down should go to Smoke screen on 25% health
OR both traits should be removed as they have a terrible design

another way to fix it is to just give thieves one option for SA adept tier: SE
bcause lets be real, who is ever going to take one of the other 2 traits in their current design over thief’s best condi remove?

Yeah, exactly.

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Strategist.6132

You guys have a point of course.:P I am just saying it also saved my butt a lot of times:P I think it saved me more often then that it caused me problems so that is why I would rather have that trait.

I can understand that people would rather not have it in the minors though.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Heh, now ArenaNet can have their internal poll to see how many Thieves will actually pick Last Refuge. I won’t be surprised if it is zero…just delete it already.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Basically it means that if you want to be auto-revealed frequently, you now have to opt into it instead of having it rammed down your throat. A very positive change for the SA line.

Now if they could just remove that kitten auto-smokescreen from the deceptions trait, it would possibly be an appropriate alternative to shadow’s embrace for specialized builds.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Now if they could just remove that kitten auto-smokescreen from the deceptions trait, it would possibly be an appropriate alternative to shadow’s embrace for specialized builds.

Why, you a plan to go down often? Else this added auto-smoke can be ignored.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

in Thief

Yamsandjams.3267

It’s just an annoyance.

If I gave you some food and served it with a pile of crap, would you eat the crap too? I’m not sure about you (and I won’t judge either way), but I’d rather the pile of crap just not be around my food at all. I don’t care if it’s a free extra I get with the meal, I just don’t want it there.

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

It’s just an annoyance.

If I gave you some food and served it with a pile of crap, would you eat the crap too? I’m not sure about you (and I won’t judge either way), but I’d rather the pile of crap just not be around my food at all. I don’t care if it’s a free extra I get with the meal, I just don’t want it there.

I’ll have to save this somewhere, will probably want to quote you at some point.

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s just an annoyance.

Bad analogy.

Basically, if you open the door, you’ll get tarred and feathered — so don’t open the door.

In other words, don’t allow yourself to go down — play smart.

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

It’s just an annoyance.

Bad analogy.

Basically, if you open the door, you’ll get tarred and feathered — so don’t open the door.

But why should you be punished even more when you’re down already?
Smoke screen is just totally useless when down because all it does it blind a bit and block projectiles – something that helps you way less than some stealth when down for example.
The same thing could hve been sai about Last Refuge:
“Play smart. Dont let anyone get you to 25% health and you won’t have a problem with it.”

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s just an annoyance.

Bad analogy.

Smoke screen is just totally useless when down because all it does it blind a bit and block projectiles – something that helps you way less than some stealth when down for example.
“Play smart. Dont let anyone get you to 25% health and you won’t have a problem with it.”

That was actually the idea behind Last Refuge but smokescreen on down is not as bad.

I fail to see how could you say that smokescreen is a punishment. It’s like a bullet proof vest — even though it stops projectile, you’re still vulnerable against stabbing — but I don’t believe the vest to be a form of punishment.

in Thief

Yamsandjams.3267

It’s just an annoyance.

Bad analogy.

That was actually the idea behind Last Refuge but smokescreen on down is not as bad.

I fail to see how could you say that smokescreen is a punishment. It’s like a bullet proof vest — even though it stops projectile, you’re still vulnerable against stabbing — but I don’t believe the vest to be a form of punishment.

It’s a punishment because it provides an indication to enemies where you are if you go down while you’re in stealth.

If you go down while you’re not in stealth, then you’re correct. It does you no harm. In fact, an ally can even blast it to conceal you.

However, if you go down while you’re still stealthed, it let’s the enemy know that you were downed and where exactly you are. This prevents you from potentially rallying yourself up while you are still stealthed, and can make it harder for other stealthed allies to help you out since the enemy would be able to find you that much more easily.

Not to mention you have to lose shadow’s embrace to get this, which just helps you not go down in the first place, but that’s a whole separate matter.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s just an annoyance.

Bad analogy.

It’s a punishment because it provides an indication to enemies where you are if you go down while you’re in stealth.

If you go down while you’re not in stealth, then you’re correct. It does you no harm. In fact, an ally can even blast it to conceal you.

However, if you go down while you’re still stealthed, it let’s the enemy know that you were downed and where exactly you are. This prevents you from potentially rallying yourself up while you are still stealthed, and can make it harder for other stealthed allies to help you out since the enemy would be able to find you that much more easily.

Not to mention you have to lose shadow’s embrace to get this, which just helps you not go down in the first place, but that’s a whole separate matter.

I’m not convinced because we regen while in stealth so the probability of you going down while in stealth is really low, which makes your sample scenario very unlikely to happen.

in Thief

Strategist.6132

The posibility is low, but there are quite some amount of times where you proc SR and still get downed by a group of zergers, it’s nice if you can teleport away and rez and have them think that you survived, instead of the smokescreen indication that you’re down there somewhere in the teleport radius.

But for non-stealth deaths it is nice of course.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

The posibility is low, but there are quite some amount of times where you proc SR and still get downed by a group of zergers, it’s nice if you can teleport away and rez and have them think that you survived, instead of the smokescreen indication that you’re down there somewhere in the teleport radius.

There’s also a very low possibility that the game can glitch-out and give Thieves god mode…let’s take that into considerations also.