Leagues starting get rdy for th qq fest

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Now that leagues are starting I think we are going to have alot of pugs and pvers enter WvW in order to get the achievements. These guys generally are full zerker in very squishy/bad wvw builds. I think good thief players are going to have a field day wiping large groups of these noobs (as thief roamer this gonna be fun!!!). At the same time we are probably going to see a lot more threads of qqing and complaining about how the thief is so OP.

As someone who mains a thief its gets pretty tiresome reading thread after thread about THE mis-guided ideas people have about our class. Especially when we are currently mid to bottom tier in all aspects of the game atm. Then replying and giving people effective ways to counter the thief only to have your advice fall on deaf ears.

Lately the qqing has toned down a lot. People have learned how to counter thiefs and currently there and many other class that much stronger and more effective for less effort. The thing with the thief class is at high lvl pvp we are quite average/weak but on the other hand we are great a destroying new players. New players in glass builds that dont move or dodge as soon as you enter stealth, well need I say anymore?

WvW is going to have an influx of new players and with that I foresee alot of qqing so prepare to defend our class!!! Happy hunting to you all ;)

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Quite true. ^^

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

“Advice fall on deaf ears”? How about “Advice taken out of context, twisted around until it’s head pops off, regurgitated into a vat of acid and then placed on a topic in the form of a wall of illiterate text”?

in Thief

Posted by: magom.3275

magom.3275

“Advice fall on deaf ears”? How about “Advice taken out of context, twisted around until it’s head pops off, regurgitated into a vat of acid and then placed on a topic in the form of a wall of illiterate text”?

ROLF

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

ROLF

EDIT: I’m sorry I couldn’t help it…

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

i would like to correct you OP, it is not “Lately the qqing has toned down a lot. People have learned how to counter thiefs and currently there and many other class that much stronger and more effective for less effort”.

As one of the top advocate againt the malpractice of thief class, the reason why i including other advocates has towned down out outcry case against OP thief is because we are carefuly taking the Wait and See Approach come into play from thief recent nerf/s.

In return, we look foward in seeing a towned down Overpowerdness thief class

Including having a Fun and Enjoyable place; WvW; which the remaining community eagerly been waiting for, since Day 1.

Don’t you think we deserve it by now?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

WvW is going to have an influx of new players and with that I foresee alot of qqing so prepare to defend our class!!! Happy hunting to you all

i got banned for a few days, so i couldn’t qq

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

i would like to correct you OP, it is not “Lately the qqing has toned down a lot. People have learned how to counter thiefs and currently there and many other class that much stronger and more effective for less effort”.

As one of the top advocate againt the malpractice of thief class, the reason why i including other advocates has towned down out outcry case against OP thief is because we are carefuly taking the Wait and See Approach come into play from thief recent nerf/s.

Including having a Fun and Enjoyable place; WvW; which the remaining community eagerly been waiting for, since Day 1.

Thieves are definitely one of the weaker classes. If you think they are currently strong for anything but hit and run, you don’t play a lot of WvW.

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Thieves are definitely one of the weaker classes. If you think they are currently strong for anything but hit and run, you don’t play a lot of WvW.

I do play alot of WvW.

From alot of experiences in dealing with thieves in wvw, thieves what i clearly understand by thieves ‘hit and run’ is by thieves stealthing.. hitting for 12-27k per stabbs than restealth for the finishing kills.

I don’t see where theives are weak?

Any class that can perma-stealth, reset fights, having almost unlimitted moblity and teleport and outputting extreme high single hits than any classes in the game is not concidered a weak class.

Seriously,

Ask yourself, if Arena.net were to give all classes the same stats as thieves, wouldn’t there be an outcry of Overpowerdness?

Of course!

Than why is it than it is okay for 1 class to have the Overpowerdness stats?

Absolutley none,

The weaker classes are the ones who don’t have that Overpowerndess stats,

The Over-Strong class who is the only Op class is Thief.

No other class can match thieves stats.

None whatsoever, so once again, why?

Where is the Justice in this?

Where is the Fairness in this ?

-Absolutelyy, None whatsover-

As the saying goes, “how to know the strength of a Superior man is how quick and hard he can kill you”…

and that Style,

is the Thief class.

The Superior Class.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I do play alot of WvW.

From alot of experiences in dealing with thieves in wvw, thieves what i clearly understand by thieves ‘hit and run’ is by thieves stealthing.. hitting for 12-27k per stabbs than restealth for the finishing kills.

I don’t see where theives are weak?

Any class that can perma-stealth, reset fights, having almost unlimitted moblity and teleport and outputting extreme high single hits than any classes in the game is not concidered a weak class.

Seriously,

Ask yourself, if Arena.net were to give all classes the same stats as thieves, wouldn’t there be an outcry of Overpowerdness?

Of course!

Than why is it than it is okay for 1 class to have the Overpowerdness stats?

Absolutley none,

The weaker classes are the ones who don’t have that Overpowerndess stats,

The Over-Strong class who is the only Op class is Thief.

No other class can match thieves stats.

None whatsoever, so once again, why?

Where is the Justice in this?

Where is the Fairness in this ?

-Absolutelyy, None whatsover-

(as a ranger, i envy thief stats but we will never see the day of ever matching thief stats because it is only reserved to them only to them in Guild Wars 2)

Holy crap! 12-27k?! While a GC thief may occasionally hit 12-15k, blowing all of their utilities to do so against an equally glass target, that characterization is a bit of an overstatement. I have fought 2 of the same build rangers in the past couple of days (lb gs wolf + spider), one which melted and one which I couldn’t touch. As I recommended to you a while ago, I would say play the thief for about 100 hours (actually level one not just PvP with it). If you did that and asked questions about it you would be helped and much more well recieved than you currently are. Again. This is not sarcasm. Try it out. We’re really not the godmode class you think we are.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Mid to bottom tier? Try bottom of the bottom. I rather have a ranger in my speed clear party -.-

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

These people do not and will not actually play a thief because they know they’ll die alot.

in Thief

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

Short answer, no, no you dont

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

ROLF

EDIT: I’m sorry I couldn’t help it…

You dare mock the son of a shepherd?!

But yes, it does seem that the helpful advice people try to give on Thief counterplay is either ignored, selectively read/understood, or completely misinterpreted.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Thief

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

I’ve been having some really great duels the past few days running my s/d build.

I’ve also gotten to chase down a lot of really really glassy people. :}