Legendary for a thief

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: knight.4379

knight.4379

I find it extremely difficult to pick a legendary for a thief, because in all honesty, a stealthy, hidden looking character seems to not belong with daggers that light your footsteps where you walk, nor a bow that shoots rainbows and unicorns. The only one I can even consider is Bolt.

So im curious what many other thieves out there have gone for or are going for and for what reasons.

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

You forgot Quip

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

knight.4379

You forgot Quip

How could I forget quip… lol :P

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

get incinerators and dreamer, they look awesome.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I couldn’t decide either. So I got all 4 land ones. If one day Sword gets off-hand, I’ll get another Bolt, or perhaps wait for a new Legendary Sword.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

i would suggest get one now, and get one later, there will be ascended weps and armor so your hands will be full then.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Which weapon do you use the most?
I would base it off this, since you don’t want to put all that work into an item that will sit in your bag. I have The Dreamer, and The Bolt atm.
(When I finish map completion I will have The Quip)

Bolt is a great choice- I like that I can stack the aura with other weapons.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

(edited by OIIIIIO.7825)

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

I use Bolt and Incinerator, and honestly it’s not an issue. Thief is the one profession where how shiny you look really doesn’t matter because of stealth. Not to mention with the addition of wind catcher backpiece, I now look like a walking hurricane, with a touch of flame.

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

I think its better to not have giant shiny flashing IM RIGHT HERE, PLEASE KILL ME graphics on Thief.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

knight.4379

I think its better to not have giant shiny flashing IM RIGHT HERE, PLEASE KILL ME graphics on Thief.

Thats what i was thinking :P, I really want to be an assassin looking character, and many of the legendaries completely throws that look under the bus. Hell, it was hard enough to get equipment to make my thief look like an assassin, Whispers hood, assassin’s coat. etc. Compared to the variety of medium armors that looking nothing like it.

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

I use Bolt and Incinerator, and honestly it’s not an issue. Thief is the one profession where how shiny you look really doesn’t matter because of stealth. Not to mention with the addition of wind catcher backpiece, I now look like a walking hurricane, with a touch of flame.

Pics or it didn’t happen! ANd lots pls

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Pics or it didn’t happen! ANd lots pls

I kind of want to see what the footsteps look like with both Bolt and Incinerator.

Legendary for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

You only get bolt footsteps. You get offhand flame for the incinerator. Dancing dagger and CnD are much more pronounced (as in the animation is much clearer, so for both, you can see the dagger spin animation in its entirety) with Incinerator, which is very nice.

I will see what I can do about pics when I get home.

Edit:

Still images don’t really show the effects well. Message me in game if you are interested. It’s also very difficult to show incinerator offhand with screens because the improvements are with the attack motions.

(edited by ryokoalways.3450)