Legendary thief?

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

cant find this online so I gotta ask here where the real men are. Cant decide if I want to get a legendary with my thief or ele and I love them both dearly.. my main question is, if I get bolt/incinerator with my thief will the enemy see my footsteps in wvw??

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Azure.8670

anyone know this answer to this

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

I’ve not experienced this myself, but I was talking to a mesmer that whined a bit about his footsteps showing up while invisible. My own take on legendaries is “two-handed only”. It’s a lot of work for a flashy skin can’t be seen because it’s hidden under your gear.

This counts for about 1% of the reason I play mesmer as my main. I can get a fun legendary (greatsword) that will actually be seen and won’t seriously negatively affect my play by making me too visible. More visible actually would help a mesmer in many WvW situations — assuming the clones hold the weapon, too. If they don’t it would be, uh, bad. ^^

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Archtus.6971

Archtus.6971

I’m sure it’d defeat the purpose of Thief stealth, having your footsteps light aflame. Mind you, I don’t have it yet, so I can’t be certain.

Get rid of the NPE, or I’m getting rid of my account.

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Do minipets reveal thief positions?

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Foehn.2489

Foehn.2489

No the incinerator does not show footprints while stealth. I used shadow refuge in wvw at times and no one ever followed me.

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

I personally am not even bothering with any of the current legendaries for my thief. They all pale in comparison to the greatswords.

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: BlackDeath.8106

BlackDeath.8106

No you do not see the footprints if he is in stealth. Well from what i saw when i fought against one

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’m almost certain that it doesn’t. I hope not, since I got Zap today and hope to finish it soon.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Up to now 1 “yes” , 2 “no”, lots of “don’t know”.
I’m sure an official answer will be appreciated.
It will be a little frustrating to spend almost 1000golds in a skin that will broke the class.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Azure.8670

^!! right? I appreciate what everyone is saying but is there anywhere to find out for sure?

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i have seen a legandary theif dagger it look amazing it like a giant white light saber it only light up when you attack.

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I am curious myself, I hope any thief with a legendary can answer with few screen shot.

Btw, would it make more sense to create Incinerator (since you can either be your main or offhand) instead of Bolt?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I am curious myself, I hope any thief with a legendary can answer with few screen shot.

Btw, would it make more sense to create Incinerator (since you can either be your main or offhand) instead of Bolt?

Also incinerator skin > bolt

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Also incinerator skin > bolt

I heard the noise is pretty annoying too

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

They make noise?
Wait let me rephrase myself, there is noise in GW2? O.o… I should play without music more often :o

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Kain.3485

Kain.3485

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

mm For the bolt, i think the sword is pretty alright.. Wasn’t fond of it but it’s growing onto me. But!!! the lightning aura is so dam sexy!! You’ll definitely get recognition if you’re a good thief. But it depends if you like to play sword as a thief though.

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Thraz.2874

Thraz.2874

Short answer to solve your concerns with WvW.. Temporarily switch out your legendaries for ordinary exotic weapons… Problem Solved

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Chilling.5370

Chilling.5370

I have bolt and mostly WvW solo. I am told you can see my footsteps while im stealthed (I know I can). It has not mattered one bit. There has never been a fight where I noticed them following me due to footsteps. The other thing is, if you are trying to escape or something you will probably have shortbow out…. so no footsteps then regardless.

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

First of all

Bolt > Inci

Bolt just so damn sexy !

Anyway, OT: I’ve got Inci for well over a month now and i have never been followed when i was stealthed in WvW, im very very sure that the enemy cannot see the footsteps when ur thief is in stealth.

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

You can use the dagger in more viable builds than the sword though. I was thinking about Bolt until sword/dagger took a massive hit last patch.

Legendary thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

I have an incinerator and I WvW with it. The enemy are unable to see any lava trails while I am stealthed, I have -never- been followed or had anyone directly home in on me or otherwise – those on my team however, can still see the lava even when stealthed, which lets be honest, doesn’t matter.

I’m told the enemy can see my lava trails when I am not using stealth, if they can, this hasn’t once been a single disadvantage to me.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!