Leveling in WvW any suggestions?

in Thief

Posted by: Vixtrolax.3915

Vixtrolax.3915

I wanted to have a thief character that would be pretty much exclusively a PVP character… any suggestions how to build my traits and what weapons to use starting out at level 1 trying to level in WvW? I was thinking something like sb with dual pistols as with no gear i’d probably want to stay at range.. any help would be great:)

in Thief

Posted by: Lilsteele.4567

Lilsteele.4567

SB sounds good. You probably should go for acrobatics to boost your health, so you can survive some AoE.

Most of the time running with the zerg should net you quite some experience from completing events (capture, defense, etc). What I also found very efficient is to repair keep walls that are under attack, because it gives you a gold event completion every three minutes.

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

leave your pistols at home, they are the bottom weapons for wvw, specialy if you are low lvl .
Use shortbow, follow the zerg, unlock survaivability utility’s first , do as many events as you can ( supply camps /assault/quagans) but specialy defence. On top of the wall you are safe, and you can get some kills.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Vixtrolax.3915

Vixtrolax.3915

so just rock the sb don’t even bother switching around weapons at low levels?

in Thief

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

Yeah you are not killing anyone at low levels but at least with short bow you can ‘tag’ a lot of people and get the exp/loot when other people kill them.
Well timed shadow refuges, poison fields on downed people and cluster bombs on your allies combo fields are probably the most useful things you can do while low leveled.

in Thief

Posted by: Yassa.2193

Yassa.2193

Hello!

I leveled up my thief in WvW. It is possible.

I played and still play a condition/vitality based build (carrion and PVT armor & jewels). My primary weapon was shortbow. Trait points were spent toward vitality and toughness (lines 3 & 4).

If you have karma to use, you can buy some low lvl yellow gear from WvW BL vendor. Note, that the price of rare WvW gear increases with lvl and becomes stupidly expensive.

Cheers and good luck

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Get a sword/pistol and check the veteram mob events whenever there isnt much else going on. They pop up very often and give you a nice chunk of xp…

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

Oddly I died rarely when leveling in WvW, this I assume is because I played a WH in Warhammer. The guys are right rock the SB and partake of events and take pistol and sword along for taking control points and camps. With Black Powder I wonder how low you could actually be to take a camp solo. You’ll level 80 in no time. PvE lvl 80 on the other hand..yawn…