Life Leech Builds

Life Leech Builds

in Thief

Posted by: panicbutton.1053

panicbutton.1053

Got bored last night and tried some various life leeching builds in WvW using D/D, S/D, and P/D with 2/6/6 traits and zerker gear. The idea was to retain a high crit% with decently high damage to trigger leeching as much as possible. The builds all revolved around a mixture of the following:

-Sigil of Blood (453 hp/2 second cd)
-Omnomberry Pie (325hp/1 second cd)
-Signet of Malice (133 hp on attack)
-Invigorating Precision( 5% of damage converted to hp)

So assuming you’re constantly hitting a target, you’re looking at 800-1100 hp every 1-2 seconds. It’s even better if you are fighting someone around npc’s/mobs because the leeching triggers even more(S/D cleaving).

It was for kittens and giggles but it turns out that using the above combination let me face tank quite a few people with ease. I don’t remember running into any skilled players so I wouldn’t run wild with it, but I’m just posting in light of how narrow our builds have become. Has anyone run something similar and successful?

Hàrlèy Quínn – Power S/D / D/P – Northern Shiverpeaks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPIPT2aTjJOBRcAWmlhUkw

Life Leech Builds

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I do believe AikijinX has a life leech heavy build tht used PD, the thread is here somewhere….

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Life Leech Builds

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

Life Leech Builds

in Thief

Posted by: panicbutton.1053

panicbutton.1053

Thanks for the link! And to think I was being innovative…

Seems like there can be a lot more room for a leeching build after the patch. Specifically ones that don’t make people use a venom in place of a utility skill, and to fully take advantage of sigil of blood now.

Hàrlèy Quínn – Power S/D / D/P – Northern Shiverpeaks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPIPT2aTjJOBRcAWmlhUkw

Life Leech Builds

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Invigorating precision disappointed me, I had thought it would have made my build better with the 3rd version to it, but it’s not worth losing executioner GM.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Life Leech Builds

in Thief

Posted by: randomly.6395

randomly.6395

Does Superior Sigil of Blood have a two second CD? I’m reading 5 seconds on the in game tool tip. But the wiki says 2 seconds as well.

Life Leech Builds

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

It has 5sec CD. You shouldn’t expected wiki to update everything in just a couple weeks.

Afik, the tool tip in the game for Rune and Sigil should be accurate after the updated, at least for the most part.

All is vain.