Little known thiefism for dredge fractal

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Go to 1 minute into the video. It’s a little known thiefism that will make you godlike at dredge. Anet thought they nerfed our tricks but they had no idea we’d beat their system :P

Every time a group I was in got the bomb door, they’d do nothing but complain. EVERYBODY seems to hate the bomb door. I hope this video shows you how you can make life a lot easier during a run in the worst instance in fractals.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

Bumping this cause I haven’t seen another thief even attempt this. I’m also trying to get a good name out there for pve thieves and tricks like this are what people notice.

in Thief

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

look forward to seeing this when I get home!

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

I should also say that if you have a thief and a mesmer on the team you can bring the whole group in for the 1st bomb. It needs to be a coordinated group though. Any thief can solo the bombs in any group if they want. It might take at most 1 minute longer though just b/c you have to wait for cds. The majority of the time the bombs will be down while you’re waiting for your cds so it’s not wasting any time.

in Thief

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Bumping this cause I haven’t seen another thief even attempt this. I’m also trying to get a good name out there for pve thieves and tricks like this are what people notice.

That’s just because you don’t play on EU server^^
Anyway I don’t see other thieves doing this too. You can use this trap in arah p3 too (light part) or in swampland fractal

[rT]

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

That’s just because you don’t play on EU server^^
Anyway I don’t see other thieves doing this too. You can use this trap in arah p3 too (light part) or in swampland fractal

It doesn’t work as well for the lights as I had hoped. I tried a few days back and you get stuck on small ramp (how does one get stuck on a ramp?!). I didn’t test it too much but I’m certain if I were to place the trap before the stair in front of the light and ran down the ramp first it’d be amazing.

Same deal with swamp too. It’s redic op unless your direct passageway recently closed up. You’ll either move the entire distance or only as far as the 1st speed bump. With this trick I’m able to grab 2 orbs but that’s it sadly.

Other good places to use the trap are in cof p1 farms (to move the npc), ice fractal (on white out), and Lupi for phase 2-3. I haven’t really tried any other places but I’m sure there’s a few more. Sadly, there really isn’t any time when it’s useful to be used aggressively since the fury and might is only 5 seconds but any longer and the trap would be disgusting in wvw and pvp.

in Thief

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

It worked well for me in arah, I tried it 2 times and there were no problems. You just have to pay attention that there is no ramp in your way. If you want I can make a screen with a “safe place” (place trap → pick light → use trap → run few steps to the end, you don’t even need your healskill or anything else)

Thanks for the hint, I didn’t even think about ice fractal
The only time I used the trap infight was in CoE against subject Alpha (solo). I know it is easy to defeat him with s/x but I wanted to kill him with d/d. Since there aren’t that many methods with d/d to get out of the crystals (only steal and shadowstep and o/c infiltrators signet but I think this one is crap) this trap becomes really useful.

I can imagine it could be helpful against the last boss in ac p1 because of the stuns when you want to melee him solo. But I didn’t need it the last 2 times, anyway I would like to see more good situations for this trap because I really really like the idea behind :P

[rT]

in Thief

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

I thought that the dredge try and destroy the bombs if you place them in stealth? Hence people not just using shadow refuge to place them. Or is it because you’re placing them just as you’re coming out of stealth that they’re not destroying them?

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I’m more impressed you can get away with putting Shadow Trap there, and not shadowstep back into a wall half way through the tunnel.

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

I’m more impressed you can get away with putting Shadow Trap there, and not shadowstep back into a wall half way through the tunnel.

Thankfully it’s one of the few places left in this game where it doesn’t completely take a crap on shadowstep skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

As an sPvP roamer it’s amazing! When you learn the pathing and where you can’t place it, or where you get stuck, it’s perfect for holding two points at the same time ;D

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

I use the same type of trick for the mossman/bloomhunger fractal. Just let the thief get the farthest one. You might have to run forward a bit because its out of range in the farthest corners but it works!

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

in Thief

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

inb4 nerf to shadow trap