Lol at spvp thieves

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

In pvp when I see thieves on my necro I literally use signet of spite and fear and they will die from the condis alone. After 10 dec when less people trait SA us necrosis and Engis are going to feast.

Glhf

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Momekic.8603

Momekic.8603

This is why there wont be anyone playing seriously on a thief anymore. They are basically becoming a huge joke as of Dec. 10. Thieves already are a joke to high toughness, high condition builds that classes like necros, mesmers, rangers and engis can spec into.

The impression Anet gives is that they don’t listen to thieves that know the class or like thieves at all, so they should pretty much just remove the class.

Thanks for the sentiments though. Glhf to you as well.

*also – ‘in before any random “oh thieves are perfect” type post from that Sanduskel guy’

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

This is why there wont be anyone playing seriously on a thief anymore. They are basically becoming a huge joke as of Dec. 10. Thieves already are a joke to high toughness, high condition builds that classes like necros, mesmers, rangers and engis can spec into.

The impression Anet gives is that they don’t listen to thieves that know the class or like thieves at all, so they should pretty much just remove the class.

*also – ‘in before any random “oh thieves are perfect” type post from that Sanduskel guy’

I mean put a thief with a buddy that can tank and they become very strong and in wvw the dp spec is good. But pvp pretty laughable

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

I mean put a thief with a buddy that can tank and they become very strong and in wvw the dp spec is good. But pvp pretty laughable

d/p spec only good til the init nerf. i think d/p is fine…evenWITH perma invis. i dont get why its such a big deal. bc people cant kill us if we decide to run most the time? well why do we decide to run? bc we die most the time. why do we die most the time? bc we are weak as kitten bawls. what happens if we run? you live and get the point/node/camp. who wins if we run? the other person. what else happens? we deal 0 dmg and lose caps while receiving damage most of the time which leaves our teamates/group short handed. why is this such a bad thing? its not but people are d-u-m-b. perma stealth helps opponents in 4 major ways yet they want a nerf. i dont get it. pffft. w.e.

AND PS to anet………….wtf ? why cant u just make weapon skills only give init once entering stealth? if i use Hide in shadows…(30 sec cooldown) i should still get 2 more init even if im already in stealth….. i mean its long cooldowns for stealth utils. its only like 4 init between Hide in shadows and shadow refuge. 30 sec and 60 sec. that so bad? no! thats right but what is? oh yeah BPS and HS HS HS HS. so you focus on the whole thief rather than ruining the one broken part.

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’m going to wait for thieves to get something like eles Diamond Skin to hard counter full condition builds. And I’ll laugh that day.

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Can’t wait for the thief version of “Diamond Body”. Something like : while under stealth, you get no damage at all from any conditions could be fun.

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

I’m not going to PvP with my Thief – I also play Necro, Warrior and Mesmer – Thief will be for overland PvE only until they make it viable in PvP.

This is what multiple character slots are for – I only feel bad for the people that are so monomaniacal that they can only play 1 toon.

I have 8 slots, and 1 of each class already. Two of them are 80, and 3 more are very close.

My Thief was the first to reach 80 because I’ve always liked the feel of their fighting style – high evasion, mobility, etc. – but I have no problem switching to my Necro or Warrior or Mes for PvP over the next year or two while they work on the Thief.

Can always come back later.

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

In pvp when I see thieves on my necro I literally use signet of spite and fear and they will die from the condis alone. After 10 dec when less people trait SA us necrosis and Engis are going to feast.

Glhf

Lol, OP confesses to his lack of skill “use signet of spite and fear” press two buttons, mad skillz yo.

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

1v1 I’ve never lost to a Necro in tPvP and I don’t even run any Shadow Art traits.

You must be fighting hotjoin heroes.

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Kaizer is a warrior…

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

Glhf

Lol, OP confesses to his lack of skill “use signet of spite and fear” press two buttons, mad skillz yo.

if thats all it takes, why would i waste cool downs lulz

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

signet of spit does 7k dmg full condition build and fear can tick 1k-2k dmg
so how can you kill thief only with it alone?
i guess more AA

and if the thief dodge the signet you can be down easily also

and again thief need more love from anet

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Condition damage is becoming pretty crazy tbh, just stacks of it everywhere.

If we didn’t have shadows embrace we’d be falling over in 5 seconds in WvW/anywhere.

A necro popped signet of spite on me the other night, from 1200 range, and I thought i’m pretty safe here, don’t think i’ll stealth, i can just retreat. Only when 1/2 my hps had gone (about 8k), I thought I had better stealth up to avoid dieing.

Just nuts.

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

So, I was thinking about returning to Gw2 and my thief, but the forums are telling me otherwise….

All we are going to be after this patch is noob killing machines – and that’s it. At least that’s what I’m getting from the forums these days :/

Melder – Thief

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

So, I was thinking about returning to Gw2 and my thief, but the forums are telling me otherwise….

All we are going to be after this patch is noob killing machines – and that’s it. At least that’s what I’m getting from the forums these days :/

in sPvP yeah
thiefs are still pretty good in wvw and pve. STill see people 1 v xing with the p/d in wvw.

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

I had to go look up signet of spite to see what it did. That alone shows how often it lands successfully on me. I’m probably 50% win rate vs necros on d/p and above that with the current s/d spec (all spvp). So post patch I guess I’ll be at 50% thanks to s/d going bye bye.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

It’s not hard to outplay a necro on a thief it just requires a bit more skill then say fighting a mesmer of equal skill level. Necro’s only defense is their ability to spam their condis and hope it works, few good dodges & thief wins, one or two errors & necro wins. It’s no doubt the fight’s in the necro’s favor but thief is still an insanely strong class if played right.

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

When you use Singet of Spite we counter with Lyssa Runes.

The condition cleanse is the reason we use them.

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Well I’ll stay as I am, since Atm I’m having a blast! Pvp is not only fun but it is also funny, enjoyable, skilful and incentives team play.

Ever since I went back to my Sith Assassin I just can’t stop playing it.

I hope in 1 year time wen I’m fed up of the next new mmo I can have the sam feeling feeling about my Gw2 Thief although I doubt it. I have very good memories from previous mmo that some times make me wanna play them again and lever brand new character. Gw2 will not be on that list… There is nothing memorable about leveling nor pvping (imo that is)

Lol at spvp thieves

in Thief

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

A necro popped signet of spite on me the other night, from 1200 range, and I thought i’m pretty safe here, don’t think i’ll stealth, i can just retreat. Only when 1/2 my hps had gone (about 8k), I thought I had better stealth up to avoid dieing.

signet of spit does 7k dmg full condition build and fear can tick 1k-2k dmg
so how can you kill thief only with it alone?

Signet of Spite applies poison and 2x bleeding, the rest are non-damaging conditions.
If you take 7-8k damage it’s because of other skills or passive procs.