Lol druid

Lol druid

in Thief

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

Of course, it’s not fair to compare professions to other professions, as each profession is different. Additionally, we haven’t actually played the druid and the other classes, and thus we do not know exactly how things will turn out. FURTHERMORE, we do not know what the designers were going through at the time, as we are just players. BUT…

The evidence is so overwhelming that the daredevil has received much less attention than the other elite specializations.
-Recycled animations
-A class mechanic that is simply one extra dodge, and modified dodges, with RECYCLED ANIMATIONS
-Traits that seem rehashed from the acrobatics traitline
-Main weaponset that really just kinda falls flat and is redundant with other weaponsets. Offers nothing special
-Did I mention, recycled animations?
-Thief weaknesses not really addressed.

I don’t know exactly what arenanet is planning to do in the next few weeks, but major work must be placed into the daredevil if it is even going to be on par with some of the other professions’ elite specializations. This is just so disappointing from a thief perspective.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

Lol druid

in Thief

Posted by: Shalien.9018

Shalien.9018

-A class mechanic that is simply one extra dodge, and modified dodges, with RECYCLED ANIMATIONS

The class mechanic is only the dodge. The modified dodges are our grandmaster traits… If they are supposed to be the class mechanic they should function like all other elite specs and be baseline. Thereby giving us access to an actual set of grandmaster trait line.

Shalien Ascendant [SL]
Sanctum of Rall
Check out our Recruitment Video

Lol druid

in Thief

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

The class mechanic is only the dodge. The modified dodges are our grandmaster traits… If they are supposed to be the class mechanic they should function like all other elite specs and be baseline. Thereby giving us access to an actual set of grandmaster trait line.

I’d like to further point out that the dodge they gave is is effectively a recycled MINOR TRAIT that they removed from the acrobatics line.

Arenanet either actively dislikes thieves or just doesn’t care. I’m honestly not sure which is worse, but I’ll tell you one thing for sure, I won’t be playing my thief in HoT unless they make some really big changes.

Lol druid

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

I’d like to further point out that the dodge they gave is is effectively a recycled MINOR TRAIT that they removed from the acrobatics line.

A worse version of it, to boot. That’s right: an elite specialization’s defining minor is worse than the Acrobatics minor removed in favor of the new one in the first place!

Lol druid

in Thief

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Don’t worry guys, we can still decap!

kappa

Lol druid

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I’m not a pessimist, im a realist. That said, I think for the most part, HoT is around the corner so what we have is mostly what we are getting…

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Lol druid

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

It sounds like it’s time to see how those of us who were dumb enough to preorder HoT (myself included) can get a refund. I’ll be asking for one, and when they tell me no, I’ll be examining my legal options with my CC company for a chargeback. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Please note that I’m encouraging people to look for legal recourse in their chargeback.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Lol druid

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

To be fair, they seem pretty good about giving refunds without asking a lot of questions. And that’s definitely what I’ll be doing on Tuesday if those patch notes don’t offer something substantial…

Lol druid

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Don’t worry guys, we can still decap!

kappa

Decap free points of course.
We are to OP if we can decap contested point also

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

(edited by Kolly.9872)