Long Range HS

Long Range HS

in Thief

Posted by: MunkeeBreath.9165

MunkeeBreath.9165

Im not sure anyone knows this because I haven’t seen that many people actually use this technique besides me and a few of my friends. The point of the attack is to increase the distance in which you can successfully hit and land a HS (heart seeker). It involves a small bit of knowledge with the thief and a sort of “feel” for the thief’s steal ability. What you have to do is use heart seeker from a distance in which you know it will not land but before the animation finishes, use steal. This is where the experience with steal comes in. If you are too far away when you use steal, it won’t teleport you to your target, it will only end the animation. However, if you know the distances of both skills, time is correctly, and practice the end product will be a heart seeker which starts about 1500 away from the target and successfully lands you next to the target ready to be burst down. I find it helpful especially in pvp where im 1v1ing someone and they see me use my HS too soon but are then surprised to see me next to them hammering away. Again, not sure if people know about this as I feel its a fun little trick thieves can utilize. I am not sure if this is a bug or not as I have been using this since launch. Hope it helps!

Long Range HS

in Thief

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

This also works with infiltrator’s signet. Useful trick for getting that final damage on someone running away!

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Long Range HS

in Thief

Posted by: coverdale.8903

coverdale.8903

I think of it not as a bug but as the profession mechanic :P
you can also use steal/shadowstep to land backstabs or any other attacks

Long Range HS

in Thief

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I use something like this with my bursts on guardian. Can hit whirling wrath and then judge’s intervention right after or mighty blow instead of whirling wrath. Same logic with steal or any other teleport for other classes.

Works with shadowstep too. You can start finishing off a target, shadowstep away, and when the stomp is about to connect shadowstep back.

Long Range HS

in Thief

Posted by: DisplayError.4527

DisplayError.4527

This also works with backstab. If you’re running D/P, 5 → 2, then midway, use steal in order to backstab an enemy that’s far away.

Long Range HS

in Thief

Posted by: Spathis.7540

Spathis.7540

Generally, i’ll Basilisk > Black powder > Heart seeker > Inflitrators signet > Steal > backstab as an opener in team fights.

Shadow step (Shadow step > Infiltrators > Steal) is used every now and then.
More of a shock tactic than anything.

Veronica Black ~

(edited by Spathis.7540)

Long Range HS

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

This is how a good thief plays, comboing all his attacks with steal and ports ^^.

Long Range HS

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Yep. Instant-cast teleports work this way intentionally. It’s why we have so much access to them over multiple utilities and how it synergizes with so much.