Looking for advice: D/P Staff WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Firiat.6308

Firiat.6308

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaWn0MBFOhFmCmOBkmiFYCbuDeCXhaJgAQGwLMcGaDA-T1SBQBXRZmJVCmQ1KyoSDKpqCA3fAAHBgFcIByn+iF+AAewJAYzwAwQICgZmZmGRERIFQEjBA-w

Currently I am usually roaming or trying to solo/duo camps, sometimes run with a blob and try to pick off lone targets. With this build wanna also try to Vault/Bound with Staff in blobs for heavy AoE damage.

The first thing, that bothers me the most: is it possible to roam on WvW with a Thief without any movement speed buffs? Does anybody tryed it and how well it performed? Personally for me these buffs looks like an addiction. No matter how fast you are – you always want more.

Actually I’ve made some calculations, and in theory it looks like you already can move approx 25% faster out of combat and 42% in combat just by using Vault every 5 sec. As for combat Swiftness for sticking to your target, I feel like Thief already have enough of stickiness via skills on D/P and Staff – Swiftness shouldn’t matter that much here.

Another thing, that I can’t figure out is: how much crit.chance is optimal for roaming?
With current build it is 65%, which, I think, isn’t bad at all, especially if I go with blob, where I can easily rise my crit.chance upto 100%.

But for roaming my Fury uptime is super low with Burst of Agility, so I took Rune of Daredevil to counter it and get 100% crit.chance on my Backstabs (Black Powder + Bound in combat) and Vaults.

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/AikijinX-s-Thief-Roaming-Vol-3/first#post6728073

This guy has a vid of ur dp staff and does well (probl goes for all dmg modifiers traits as he hits like a truck). What u can do is to swap to UC gm when roaming to stack swiftness via dodges and then seap bk to the bound gm as fights get close/ur close to enemy camp.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore