Looks like we got nurfed again this patch

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Infiltrator’s arrow/Shadow Step no longer takes you to where you want. It gets stuck on the tiniest elevation change or obstacle now…

That officially makes it useless as a movement ability =/

Thanks, ANET.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Thief

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

You noticed quite late, it has been this way for a while now (patch prior to latest).

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Thief

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

You noticed quite late, it has been this way for a while now (patch prior to latest).

You noticed it quite late, it has been this way since I’ve started playing 4 months ago.

in Thief

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Been like that since launch, all the shadow steps are treated as though the thief is actually traveling on the ground from point A to point B. Not a leap, not a port, but as though you were running really fast.

Because of this you can’t shadowstep to anywhere you couldn’t run to without jumping within the range of the step.

The problems comes when you run into ArenaNets screwy terrain design, invisible walls abound, as well as many imperceptible little bumps. It seems shadowsteps sensitivity to the terrain is often greater than just running.

They could fix this by making it mechanically a proper port but it would open up a whole ’nother can of worms. Because then thieves would have mesmer hacks on no cooldown.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

no cooldown? hows that basharic?

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

This is me when 2 inches of dirt halts my shadowstep….

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

no cooldown? hows that basharic?

The actual shadowstep skill and the signet have a CD, but Infiltrator’s Strike, and Infiltrators Arrow are initiative. Granted they don’t have all the same mechanics of Mesmer ports what with being limited to ourselves, But I bet some clever thieves could really work that to our advantage.

That doesn’t really sound terribly op to me (with some consideration to not making Shadow Trap ridiculously awesome) but I might be biased. :-P

ArenaNet obviously doesn’t want us doing that. But it sure would be nice to have our steps work reliably.

This is me when 2 inches of dirt halts my shadowstep….

No lie I was doing the Megil event in CS and hit IS to port to a mob only to poof in place. A few seconds later I returned back to the spot then ISd again from the exact same place and it worked . . . . . . . . . yes I had a mob targeted both times. Many kittens were uttered.