Low level and condition removal

in Thief

Posted by: Troponin.4081

Troponin.4081

One issue I have a lot of with my thief is conditions. I don’t really have a way to remove them. There are a few skill challenges that I have run in to that the enemy is ranged and stacks bleeds with every hit and I cannot kill him. The bleeds get really bad, and stack fast.

Any ideas? Kiting isn’t an option because they are ranged. :/

in Thief

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hide_in_Shadows
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Strike

Just swap up your bar for the duration of the fight. Use sword/pistol for the interrupts and shortbow for kiting/range/better dodging (you’ll dodge better when you can clearly see what’s important or not).

That might not be the best setup but it’s a decent enough start to get yourself going. Just play around with it until you get yourself into a groove.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

You could also wait until you get Shadow’s Embrace, then just come back and do those skill challenges. I’m not sure which ones you’re referring to though, as I had no real problems with conditions at any level on thief.

in Thief

Troponin.4081

Just swap up your bar for the duration of the fight. Use sword/pistol for the interrupts and shortbow for kiting/range/better dodging (you’ll dodge better when you can clearly see what’s important or not).

That might not be the best setup but it’s a decent enough start to get yourself going. Just play around with it until you get yourself into a groove.

I tried hide in shadows, but every friggin time I stealth, the enemy resets!! How annoying is that? I have to use all non-stealth abilities during the fight or he reset. :/

The fight I have the most issues with is the Charr that stands at the tower, just beside the ghost areas with cannons etc. I think his auto attack bleeds, so you get two dodges, then you’re screwed.

in Thief

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

I tried hide in shadows, but every friggin time I stealth, the enemy resets!! How annoying is that? I have to use all non-stealth abilities during the fight or he reset. :/

The fight I have the most issues with is the Charr that stands at the tower, just beside the ghost areas with cannons etc. I think his auto attack bleeds, so you get two dodges, then you’re screwed.

Well, another option as the other poster said is Infiltrator’s Strike with sword.

Shadowstep also cures a condition I believe.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Low level challenges are best done by killing them faster they kill you. Bleeds applied on autoattacks aren’t a “threat” per see more than the autoattack itself. You can see that in your pistol 1 skill looking at the total damage normal+bleed that isn’t that high.

Anyway, best ponctual condition removal for thief is signet of agility. Best spamable condition removal is Shadow’s Embrace with C&D. But among that, the best way for you to remove this condition is to not get hit in the first place. Pistol offhand skill 5 will do that for you.

in Thief

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

Sigil of Generosity is cheap….

in Thief

Posted by: Neko.1860

Neko.1860

low level thief is easy till you get daggerstorm, then it’s just faceroll

1-40ish:

Step 1. Run around picking up 50 mobs
Step 2. Use Caltrops
Step 3. Spam Death Blossom
Step 4. Spam dodge (With traited to drop Caltrops)
Step 5. Collect loot

40+

Step 1. Gather mobs
Step 2. Use Caltrops
Step 3. Use Death Blossom until out of initiative
Step 4. Dagger Storm
Step 5. You’re level 80 with full exotics

(edited by Neko.1860)

in Thief

Troponin.4081

1-40ish:

Step 2. Use Caltrops
Step 5. Collect loot

40+

Step 1. Gather mobs
Step 2. Use Caltrops
Step 4. Dagger Storm

I changed up my [playstyle and gearing a bit. I didn’t realize that DB was an AoE. lol That makes a big difference. I didn;t realize how insane Caltrops were until now either, thanks for showing me that.

I am going to change up my set up a bit for condition removal. I restarted another thief too, this time NOT human, so the story so far has been a ton easier.

in Thief

Posted by: Neko.1860

Neko.1860

but… if you arnt human how are you gonna look as good as me?

http://i47.tinypic.com/dxivlk.jpg

in Thief

Troponin.4081

1-40ish:

Step 2. Use Caltrops
Step 5. Collect loot

40+

Step 1. Gather mobs
Step 2. Use Caltrops
Step 4. Dagger Storm

I changed up my [playstyle and gearing a bit. I didn’t realize that DB was an AoE. lol That makes a big difference. I didn;t realize how insane Caltrops were until now either, thanks for showing me that.

I am going to change up my set up a bit for condition removal. I restarted another thief too, this time NOT human, so the story so far has been a ton easier.

Has Uncatchable been nerfed or is it broken? I finally got it today, and it MIGHT apply a bleed, 1 stack, and I have yet to see it snare any enemy.

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

It has a very narrow area of effect and only during a short time, less then a second. Works best with groups and/or when dodging straight through them

in Thief

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

Death Blossom only hits 3 mobs at a time, and gathering more than 3 is normally a pain. Use Pistol to gather and then Death Blossom and Caltrops to finish 3 mobs fast with little risk to yourself.

Mobs also do not reset as fast with bleeds in effect and snared.