Lumenel - D/D Roaming Commentary

in Thief

Posted by: Deejjster.3702

Deejjster.3702

Hey guys, this commentary of my gameplay is something I’ve always wanted to do and finally took the time to make one. I feel it gives good insight into fighting outnumbered and some tricks I learned along the way.

Some trolls will probably say “omg you just copied Yishis.” I know, this is very similar to the videos that Yishis used to do. Truth is, Yishis, along with a few other thieves, provided the motivation for me to hop out of spvp and try WvW roaming. So it’s safe to say I was a fan of his video series and wanted to do an updated d/d commentary since all the balance changes and feature packs.

More information about my build in the “about” section of the video.

I’d like to do more of these in the future, so some feedback on how to improve will be appreciated! Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!
-Lumenel

Lumenel -[DT]/[KG] – Sea of Sorrows
Hexual – Female Mesmer
Sazed – Male Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Woaden.9425

Woaden.9425

Good job!

I’m not a fan of voiced commentary, but yours was well paced, and I can see how it would be helpful to people seeking out class/build videos.

Likewise I’m sure there are people who dislike music-only vids, or just straight up gimmick videos like I post ;p

Regardless, I’m a fan of thief videos and watch pretty much every one that is posted!

Yours was great, looking forward to more.

edit: Oh! and one thing I’m a fan of in instructional type vids is a way to click the youtube overlay to go to specific fights, you know? I don’t know how to do this or if it’s a pain, but it’s always cool to see for me!

Kole —Thief
youtube

(edited by Woaden.9425)

in Thief

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

great video and commentary. thanks for posting!

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Your gameplay is smooth, but I feel there are just so many x/6/6/x/x D/D videos out there. Nonetheless, I think this is great for beginners who want to get into the weapon set but aren’t sure what goes on in the decision making process, so +1 to you.

Second Child

in Thief

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

I always enjoy good thief gameplay vids. Even it’s not new.

Keep up the good work.

in Thief

Posted by: Ryyman.2196

Ryyman.2196

omg you just copied Yishis

In all seriousness, great video and commentary. It’s been done before but it is still a very solid video. I used to main D/D for a very long time and I like seeing other good D/D Thieves. I enjoyed it.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Who cares even if you were just copying Yishis! Good, tutorial gameplay should be welcomed as the helpful strategy tips that it is. Besides, it’s been quite a while since Yishis posted a new video.

Nice video.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Um. Clearly you are pvping people who barely know how to pvp and probably most likely sticks to karma trains. And you just happened to catch them on their way to the zerg train. This guy is so bad. I saw him being toxic in a hot join room today while experimenting with a new guard I just made. He was talking smack to a bunch of new players. I felt bad for them and challenged him and his friend to 2 v 1 my main. He wussed out. So clearly, OP is a baddie.

Let me know when you want a challenge or just take the easy way stomping newbs.

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Um. Clearly you are pvping people who barely know how to pvp and probably most likely sticks to karma trains. And you just happened to catch them on their way to the zerg train. This guy is so bad. I saw him being toxic in a hot join room today while experimenting with a new guard I just made. He was talking smack to a bunch of new players. I felt bad for them and challenged him and his friend to 2 v 1 my main. He wussed out. So clearly, OP is a baddie.

Let me know when you want a challenge or just take the easy way stomping newbs.

Shots fired

Video wasn’t impressive