Lumenel - Outnumbered Duo Fights 2

in Thief

Posted by: Deejjster.3702

Deejjster.3702

More duo fights with my best friend. TC was very protective of Golanta in Week 1 and these 2 fights were really intense and fun to play, as we faced double our numbers in both. Yes, I’m playing condi for the hell of it and you can see how it shines when outnumbered under a lot of pressure. Enjoy!

Lumenel -[DT]/[KG] – Sea of Sorrows
Hexual – Female Mesmer
Sazed – Male Mesmer

(edited by Deejjster.3702)

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

To be perfectly honest, that was some pretty mediocre gameplay, even for condi. Had you not been playing what you were, the result wouldn’t have been in your favor.

However, I’ve made a list of reasons why I thought it was mediocre that includes time stamps.

-A plethora of wasted dodges

-Hydromancy is a terrible idea for a sigil. Revealing yourself while gaining virtually nothing from a weapon swap would be a death sentence against good opponent(s). There are so many better sigil choices for a condi thief.

-40 seconds: Save Fear for downstate when its not needed to safely make a down in the first place.

-1:23 take advantage of your throw gunk/projectile finisher

-You never use your #2 immob. There are TONS of instances where that skill is incredibly useful.

-1:35 is an instance where you could have immob’d that guardian chasing cel preventing any damage that could have finished her from the guard.

-1:44 On the same token you could have turned on the guardian, further elimating pressure with a CnD+steal that would have more than likely proc’d your plexity and allowed you to reposition without wasting a stunbreaker.

Ultimately the lack of counter pressure while being chased when you had the burst available forces you and cel to retreat, to use mobs (lol, when there were plenty of areas near the camp to use to your advantage to get CnD’s), and put your burst on a 20 second cooldown.

-3:12 dat revealed timer.

-3:20 you fear the target away from your melee range then try to cnd? O_o Chain an immob with the fear to get the CnD.

-3:35 You just stand in every red field taking damage trying to force a stomp you knew wouldnt happen.

-3:54 Another fear that would have been better served closer to downstate rather than to make the down. Instead, you waste a stunbreaker/condi cleanse to get a stomp when you didnt need to.

-4:37 You face tank a warrior. #3 prevents that without even having him targeted. Warriors with a GS should really ever hit you. It’s too easy to kite.

-4:53 Landing steals is too critical to miss. Anticipate dodges.

-5:04 That shadowstep stomp actually made me lol.

-5:20 is a great example of what I mean about the uselessness
of hydromancy. You reveal yourself while doing no damage, only for the chill to fall off before you can capitalize because of bad secondary weapon selections and because you immediately went on the defense for some reason at full hp.

-5:29 Instead of just getting 2-3 leaps off without a target you jump into the necromancers fields and kill yourself. A quick shadowstep cleanse + steal + 3 would have put you in a much better position.

-6:11 too bad you dont have a fear for that stomp now that black powder blinds 1/3 of the time.

-6:35 just a LOT of delayed reactions. Could have SS cleansed, swapped, d/p, feared and stealthed.

-6:52 lol

-7:00 Cel, clearly had the necro finished while you had a burst set up. Rather than wasting it on the necro that was going to die in seconds, you could have pan’d your camera/anticipated the counter pressure that ALWAYS happens when you make a down. The Warrior instead mauls you and forces you to waste your heal. The ONE time you dont prematurely use your fear, you dont even use it to secure the stomp after taking a kitten ton of damage. The separation between you and the enemy would have already existed without you having to melt and flee in D/P.

-8:26 did you not look at the health bar before trying to do that stupid flashy stomp?

-8:32 Just CnD+infil signet. No need to swap D/P and waste 10 seconds of time.

-8:40 Again, another wasted counter burst opportunity when you knew the guardian was going to go down. This causes you to melt to another warrior.

-9:14 If he’s going to chase you, IMMOB, #3, dodge to cripple, move in for CnD or whatever. Good Day.

(edited by Mordecai.6318)

in Thief

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Thank you for sharing some of your aids with us.
This is why PD is the laughing stock of thieves nowadays.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in Thief

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

Ah Cabbage I <3 you. I had picked up a few of my own mistakes in that vid, at the end of the day thats what the recording is for. As someone who ran condi yourself for months before it was popular I appreciate your input on everything I did that made you cringe

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

my best friend.

We need to get you outside more often

Edit: I agree, this video surely suffered for it’s lack of Cabbage
here’s old times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0y89ULDjf0&list=UUg7_Zw4MabSLLXkEW_fQvvw

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

Ah Cabbage I <3 you. I had picked up a few of my own mistakes in that vid, at the end of the day thats what the recording is for. As someone who ran condi yourself for months before it was popular I appreciate your input on everything I did that made you cringe

I miss you and your bewbs.

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

my best friend.

We need to get you outside more often

Edit: I agree, this video surely suffered for it’s lack of Cabbage
here’s old times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0y89ULDjf0&list=UUg7_Zw4MabSLLXkEW_fQvvw

Ahh! Good times. The amazing grace at the end. Tears