MSG for ANet (Riot)

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Joker.9812

Joker.9812

Ehm… So where do I start.
I play this game almost since the launch. Thief is my beloved main class far away from others.

Like since 2 years ago, maybe more, cannot remember well, were you (ANet) always nerfin’ the thiefes. You didn’t actually even balance it – you were cornering us always to play one and only playstyle.

You were tryin to make us play condi by slight buffin’ condi skills, but condi thief has always been the worst scenario for the thieves. You could never put condi to such a good shape to actually compare it like a good build on the same line like others, like minion master or turret engie.

Then every patch you were nerfin’ my beloved S/D. And trying to players to play something else. And when now one wants to play something else and finds something that could revive the build other than D/P, you nerf it. That’s it, you only nerf all the good the thief has.

I have always been reading forums since I started to play PvP it’s like a 3 years back. And at the section THIEF were only two types of messages:
1) We are dead, guys. ANet again nerfs the theives. I really hate them for that.
Or
2) (someone who doesn’t play thief) OH MY GOD – THEY SHOULD NERF THE THIEF IT’S SO OP!

Men…

These years readin’ only hateful comments weren’t good to read, but they were right. It was truth. It was only about, how you nerf the class. And I always though – it will be better with next patch, it certainly will be.
But you know what – it wasn’t, never ever. Only DAREDEVIL was really good. But other classes with HoT got much more buffs than we did, that we can actually jump from the point to the point without really beating the guys, if we play something other than D/P.

I have never wanted to write any hateful comment towards you, the ANet. But I was loyal to you all these years, and only nerfs was the thing I actually taught from the balance patches.

Men… Even that S/D trick. YOU MADE THIS GAME AND ARE WORKING ON IT FOR A 4 YEARS, DON’T TELL ME, YOU DIDN’T KNOW THAT. And there we are again: “Oh god, on S/D is still something good, let’s rip it from that, we thought we have buried already.”

That’s it. I’m done. If next balance patch will be like – nerf, I think you’ll lose a lot of thieves, this class will die out slowly, ‘cause you don’t have a freedom in making builds anymore in that class, you have to just strict to what ANet wants, or you’re done.

Everything, which has its beginning…
… has also its end.

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Blaqatak.1395

Blaqatak.1395

I have always been reading forums since I started to play PvP it’s like a 3 years back. And at the section THIEF were only two types of messages:
1) We are dead, guys. ANet again nerfs the theives. I really hate them for that.
Or
2) (someone who doesn’t play thief) OH MY GOD – THEY SHOULD NERF THE THIEF IT’S SO OP!

Mate, that describes the class forums of every class in every game.

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Keldash.3602

Keldash.3602

You’re angry like every other thief because they fixed a bug that was NOT intended, regardless of how you feel about S/x. it was a bug and they fixed it.

A good player knows his limitations, a great player figures a way around them. – Cell (DBZ)

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

You’re angry like every other thief because they fixed a bug that was NOT intended, regardless of how you feel about S/x. it was a bug and they fixed it.

Regardless, it was a big part of S/D offense. Now, S/D doesn’t really have any offensive pressure at all, since it has been nerfed over and over with little to no compensation. It plays nothing like old 2/0/0/6/6, which was probably the prime of S/D. I think Anet needs to step back and look more back at that playstyle for S/D, and try to compensate for S/D’s lack of offensive pressure. (Buffing X/D would be a great step forward as well)

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow Dragon Bob.7160

Shadow Dragon Bob.7160

Can you get an Amen?

Hell yes you can. Amen to what’s been said. Even all the back stab cool down topics are coated in ‘you guys needed this.’ I’m waiting for people to show up and say that here too.

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Roshi.1976

Roshi.1976

So if this “bug” was not intended, then that means anet had no idea about it from release. Because every competent S/D thief knew about it… just goes to show how little anet actually knows about this class.

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

So if this “bug” was not intended, then that means anet had no idea about it from release. Because every competent S/D thief knew about it… just goes to show how little anet actually knows about this class.

Oh i am sure they knew about it, it was explained on forums quite few times. There are some vids too, i think. My wild guess is, recent changes were made to please wvw crowd.

Also, did anyone notice: nobody plays thieves in touneys -> Anet throws some little buffs at class -> Sind plays thief for fun in tourneys -> nerfs after nerf lel. Meanwhile mesmers are on top of the food chain for 4 seasons straight and people still flame and cry rivers if someone plays thief on their team.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Oh i am sure they knew about it, it was explained on forums quite few times. There are some vids too, i think. My wild guess is, recent changes were made to please wvw crowd.

Also, did anyone notice: nobody plays thieves in touneys -> Anet throws some little buffs at class -> Sind plays thief for fun in tourneys -> nerfs after nerf lel. Meanwhile mesmers are on top of the food chain for 4 seasons straight and people still flame and cry rivers if someone plays thief on their team.

Short of the thief playing D/P and spamming stealth to backstab, I can’t see why.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Short of the thief playing D/P and spamming stealth to backstab, I can’t see why.

Funny thing, backstab was already not exactly best thing to use in pvp thanks to low dmg + passives/blocks/dmg redux on enemy and aoe flying around. You would do more dmg with AA in the time you gain stealth, get behind target and get through miriad of blocks. Now there is like…. 0 reason to use it besides opener maybe. What bugs me a lot actually is sb stealth attack – sb already has long cast times/animations/travel time and then you are stuck with CD on AA as well. I AM NOT SOME FLIPPIN NECRO OR WAR WITH 23+K HP to leisurely sit around with such long CDs/animations.

I just think timing is funny. People dusted out their thieves in s3 → NEEEERFFFSSSS!!!!! BUG FIXESSS that in a way could be considered a nerf. For some reason devs still didn’t find time to fix bugs that currently put thieves in disadvantage and get them killed (infamous no valid path to hope, attacks not connecting for target turning around etc.)

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Joker.9812

I think that ANet should do something about that. I think they just read forums to see if someone is spreading bugs to be fixed, but not at the opinions of players at all. If they want us to stop playing, they can say it to the balance patch log: “Don’t play the class.” And it’s done, they don’t have to do such a things all the time like they do.

… has also its end.

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

Funny thing, backstab was already not exactly best thing to use in pvp thanks to low dmg + passives/blocks/dmg redux on enemy and aoe flying around. You would do more dmg with AA in the time you gain stealth, get behind target and get through miriad of blocks. Now there is like…. 0 reason to use it besides opener maybe. What bugs me a lot actually is sb stealth attack – sb already has long cast times/animations/travel time and then you are stuck with CD on AA as well. I AM NOT SOME FLIPPIN NECRO OR WAR WITH 23+K HP to leisurely sit around with such long CDs/animations.

I just think timing is funny. People dusted out their thieves in s3 -> NEEEERFFFSSSS!!!!! BUG FIXESSS that in a way could be considered a nerf. For some reason devs still didn’t find time to fix bugs that currently put thieves in disadvantage and get them killed (infamous no valid path to hope, attacks not connecting for target turning around etc.)

2 patches ago they also said they fix the “stuck in place” bug, I’m sure I got stuck in place afterwards at least few times.

(edited by NuhDah.9812)

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

If they want us to stop playing, they can say it to the balance patch log: “Don’t play the class.” And it’s done, they don’t have to do such a things all the time like they do.

They could write this to pop up every time anyone clicks on the pvp or wvw button: We don’t want you to play this mode!!

(sorry, but that’s how I feel)

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Joker.9812

If they want us to stop playing, they can say it to the balance patch log: “Don’t play the class.” And it’s done, they don’t have to do such a things all the time like they do.

They could write this to pop up every time anyone clicks on the pvp or wvw button: We don’t want you to play this mode!!

Yea, that’s it. We all feel same. ;)

… has also its end.

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Actually, more like: every time you try to log on your thief or make one you get pop up message: WE DO NOT WANT YOU TO PLAY IT. REROLL!!! NOW!!!

All is Vain~

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Roshi.1976

Roshi.1976

For some reason every time I log onto my thief I show up as a grawl in game now…thanks anet

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Zezz.7360

Zezz.7360

Great expansion thx Anet…cuz i didnt play thief for like 5 moths or so…and i will not.

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Actually, more like: every time you try to log on your thief or make one you get pop up message: WE DO NOT WANT YOU TO PLAY IT. REROLL!!! NOW!!!

The stealth attack cooldown was brought to us because they wanted to bring thieves into PvE raids: I have been asked to run venomshare in a raid, said that it’s useless and that I’d have to give up my damge modifiers if I’d take SA, since might has been taken out of SA a year ago. They could’ve fixed that but instead chose to heavily nerf VS and make it baseline and punish us with the 1 s cooldown. I’d be surprised to see any thieves in raids now. The whole HoT mess is because of PvE. And they never come around to think of balance in pvp/wvw. Or if so it’s always thief who’s teh bad guy. At some point we will only be allowed to run with offhand weapons since there’s not much left to nerf anyway.

MSG for ANet (Riot)

in Thief

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

K.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer