Make Basilisk Venom a new control mechanic

in Thief

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

Seriously for an elite it really sucks since all classes have stun breaker, what’s the use of an elite when every class can counter it?

I suggest give it a new control mechanic special to the thief profession like paralyzation, unable to move for 3 sec and cannot be counter with a stub breaker, is that so much to ask for an elite skill?

in Thief

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

You can’t make it super powerful because of venomshare. With venomshare Basilisk Venom is actually pretty good.

{Lepus Timidus}

in Thief

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

You can’t make it super powerful because of venomshare. With venomshare Basilisk Venom is actually pretty good.

is still kitten

in Thief

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Who the hell would even use SA anymore just for the GM..

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in Thief

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Yes, venoms suck because of venom share.
And if you spec venom share you’re subpar everywhere else.

It’s a nice lose/lose situation.

in Thief

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

Who the hell would even use SA anymore just for the GM..

I do , not saying that my build is the most effective or optimal, but it is fun to fool around in casual PvP. Carrion p/p venomshare teef is actually quite fun to play.

{Lepus Timidus}

in Thief

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Basilisk is absolutely fine. A one second stun that you can be applied to any attack on a 40s cooldown is pretty powerful. It has massive flexibility and can be used frequently relative to other elite skills in the game. It is my elite of choice for Thief always.

I don’t think a venom that lasted 3 seconds and could not be broken, would be particularly good for the game. Anyway, we already have that silly Jade Wind thing on Revenant.

Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Basilisk Venom can’t act like Ice Bow 5 because Venom Share… Ok… I mean, ignore ele’s sharing Shocking Aura (with roughly 40-50% uptime WITHOUT Radiance Runes…or focusing on just using Shocking Aura spam…). No offense of course. We have so many other fantastic qualities…like………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………um……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….um………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….um………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..uuuum………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. Shark Bait?

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.