Make Venoms work like Mantras

in Thief

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Thoughts?

If you don’t know what mantras are, because mesmers are too purple, and you don’t like purple, its basically a chargeable spell that gives you 2-3 uses of a certain ability.

So, for example a redone Skale venom might look like this:

90 second cooldown
2 second cast time

after cast, activating the skill again will give you 1 application of the venom on your next attack, causing 3 stacks of torment and 5 stacks of vulnerability

Ranger//Necro

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Steal is the worst / most boring / lazy as HELL class mechanic ever.

Just make venoms our class mechanic.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Venoms as-is are far more boring than Steal. Steal could be awesome with some relatively small changes, like the idea to store multiple stolen items in F2-4.

in Thief

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

Was thinking the other day about how venoms could be reworked. Venoms instead of being a utility could function on a skill bar consisting of f2-f4 so that would give you 3 available venoms to choose from to apply to your next attack(s) without using a utility slot. However, in theory it sounds like something that would make sense and of course would still have a cooldown but it still might be a bit on the over powered side.

This is why venoms are a bit of a problem and underwhelming, you’re giving up much, much better utilities to make any use of them consistently.

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

in Thief

infantrydiv.1620

This is why venoms are a bit of a problem and underwhelming, you’re giving up much, much better utilities to make any use of them consistently.

I 100% agree.

Ranger//Necro

in Thief

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

My major concern is that often, with Mantra of Recovery / Mantra of Pain it’s just annoying to mash the button again and again when you really just want to use all the charges immediately. Now imagine instead of hitting it twice, you’re using spider venom.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Thief

infantrydiv.1620

My major concern is that often, with Mantra of Recovery / Mantra of Pain it’s just annoying to mash the button again and again when you really just want to use all the charges immediately. Now imagine instead of hitting it twice, you’re using spider venom.

The problem is that this makes venoms an easy cleanse… 35 seconds of poison from spider venom? cleansed. 5 different applications over time during the fight would have a real impact and would promote skilled use of the skill, as well as make it actually worth taking in some instances.

Ranger//Necro

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I agree. Would be awsome for venom builds.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

infantrydiv.1620

I agree. Would be awsome for venom builds.

Thanks for the support.

Ranger//Necro