Making a thief on EU

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

As per the thread title, looking for recommendations from others who have multiple continent accounts.

Do you find the lag issue an obstacle to playing thief? What would be best server wise for English speaking?

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I hear if you play from US on EU you will be having rather high ping compared to EU players on NA (so around 250-300), especially if you are from west coast. If you play from EU on NA, you would have around 160-180 ms. I played on NA for about 2 years (from EU). Had to switch after they changed how spells interact with high latency. Basically things like bp-> hs -> steal might eat your CDs not not actually teleport you. Same goes with most teleports (signet, shs). I recorded video back then when i was on NA to show the issue, last time i checked (on alt account last year) it is still the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4LAIOajpI This is what 160 ms looks like, i don’t even want to think about 300ms.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

saerni.2584

I’m east coast so it wouldn’t be severe (I hope). I also have good connection speed.

Is there a latency difference between the language servers? Or are they all roughly the same?

Thief (Daredevil)

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I am east coast of US. I can say while on my stay in EU, i did encounter some latency problems, but nothing too much to manage. Although you will experience some thief v thief fights will be in favor of the opponent. Their ping will always be better. I’ve had my share of grief from that. You should be around 160-190 ping comfortably. If you’re lower, than even better.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

Cynz.9437

I’m east coast so it wouldn’t be severe (I hope). I also have good connection speed.

Is there a latency difference between the language servers? Or are they all roughly the same?

all EU servers are in Frankfurt (Germany) so no, only time you will have issues is when you get routed over junk wooden box that Telecom refuses to update for 100 years now…
the EU servers show which community is there (german, french), the rest is basically anything… but most ppl speak english anyway (except for french servers maybe lol)

All is Vain~

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

saerni.2584

Oh the French, singing in French always and forever at the Eurovision…

Thief (Daredevil)

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Oh the French, singing in French always and forever at the Eurovision…

yeah about only community that calls a zerg “le bus” in wvw…. don’t ask, it is just a thing…

All is Vain~

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

saerni.2584

Quick general question, what is the process for creating a European account. The gw2 site seems to imply I will be locked into NA if I purchase through them but also says I can choose an EU world.

Thief (Daredevil)

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Quick general question, what is the process for creating a European account. The gw2 site seems to imply I will be locked into NA if I purchase through them but also says I can choose an EU world.

I think between pvp seasons you can xfer between eu and na servers as much as you want (given you got enough gems…. or have no characters). I hopped between regions couple times (urgh ty wvw guild), my main account does state it is bound to NA region. My alt account is bound to EU and i could xfer without issues as well.

All is Vain~

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

saerni.2584

So all I need to do is set an EU home server and I’ll be playing in Europe?

What I’ve seen about region setting seems to indicate the system was planned but never implemented.

Thief (Daredevil)

Making a thief on EU

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.1409

saerni.1409

Now I have an EU account :p

My ping is 130-150. Once I join the Teef guild on this account I should be good to go…

Also, I’ll be trying to do some content this weekend if anyone wants to help me gear up so I don’t look completely terrible. I really miss my legendaries and expensive dyes… :P