May 14 change (anti cloak field)

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Introducing Traps in World vs. World
Traps are fiendish items that can be purchased from the new Traps and Tricks Outfitters on each WvW map. We’re starting with anti-stealth fields and traps.

This will break thief. i do not mind if the field put some kinda “status on me” where other player can see me but just simply removing cloak from thief will just break the class. thief is a sketchy class to begin with playing in WvW they do not offer much in team fight unless your using a short bow.

anet already added uncloaking to arrow cart just anything more then that anti cloak field. just make it not viable or worth the time to play a thief unless you enjoy just maining a short bow

leave your thought comment idea on how this would effect playing a thief

in Thief

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

I’ll say this, anyone that carries them is dead meat if I’m not, Because It’s silly and those players must die, alot.

in Thief

Posted by: Zeoli.3402

Zeoli.3402

Tbh, It kinda suggests that there will be a WvW cloaking device for smaller groups. Otherwise this would be targeting just thieves and mesmers which is singling out 2 of the 8 professions which I doubt they want. So yeh, I think they will have a cloaking device that maybe someone carries and stealths the rest of his group in a certain radius. To be honest, I’m not that worried, and you shouldn’t be… we haven’t heard it all… If they had announced mobile cloaking devices then there would be an uproar from everyone including thieves who think its a signature thing. Remember ANet giveth and ANet taketh away.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

It depends how it’s applied. It could be one or multiple of the following:

1) Automatic Reveal (pulsing or one-cast upon activation)
2) Unable to use stealth skills at all
3) Stealth skills operate the same – players can see you, but you can still use Backstab etc.
4) Silhouette of stealthed players, could be able or not able to target them

Etc.

As well as that, we don’t know:
1) How big the traps are
2) How many can be placed in an area
3) What it costs to use them
4) How visible the traps are to enemy players, if at all
5) How many targets it can affect

Etc.

Until we know what it actually does, I’m refraining from calling doomsday, but I still think it’s a silly route to go.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Iove.3902

Iove.3902

Tbh, It kinda suggests that there will be a WvW cloaking device for smaller groups. Otherwise this would be targeting just thieves and mesmers which is singling out 2 of the 8 professions which I doubt they want. So yeh, I think they will have a cloaking device that maybe someone carries and stealths the rest of his group in a certain radius. To be honest, I’m not that worried, and you shouldn’t be… we haven’t heard it all… If they had announced mobile cloaking devices then there would be an uproar from everyone including thieves who think its a signature thing. Remember ANet giveth and ANet taketh away.

This is targeting any zeg that uses Mass Invis, Veil, Blinding Powder etc..

in Thief

Taobella.6597

It depends how it’s applied. It could be one or multiple of the following:

1) Automatic Reveal (pulsing or one-cast upon activation)
2) Unable to use stealth skills at all
3) Stealth skills operate the same – players can see you, but you can still use Backstab etc.
4) Silhouette of stealthed players, could be able or not able to target them

Etc.

As well as that, we don’t know:
1) How big the traps are
2) How many can be placed in an area
3) What it costs to use them
4) How visible the traps are to enemy players, if at all
5) How many targets it can affect

Etc.

Until we know what it actually does, I’m refraining from calling doomsday, but I still think it’s a silly route to go.

yes if i knew all the info on what this trap will look like maybe i would not over react but from the sound of it. i just wanted to bring the topic up to people who really care about there thief in WvW.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

wouldnt it make more sense to nerf the mes skill that does mass invis? instead of the entire defense/offnse of thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

it really depends far too much on how they implement it.

As I’ve said in one of the other posts about this, if its anything like say the arrow cart reveal attack its mostly not going to effect thieves much, the situations where your going to get hit with it are going to be situations where stealth isn’t really going to do much anyway.

It could be a big pain in the back granted but at worst its probably going to solidify the thief image of only there to blast finisher other people and to gank solo people which isn’t a fun thing.

We really need to see what its going to be like first.

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

You guys are kidding yourselves. This is a massive thief nerf any way you look at it no matter how they implement it.

in Thief

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

You guys are kidding yourselves. This is a massive thief nerf any way you look at it no matter how they implement it.

U mean like the reveal nerf? No worries, Anet will just revert it a patch later, as usual…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

As long as they add in traps that kill adrenaline, illusions, pets, judgements, etc. it’ll be “balanced.”

So yea… that’s not gonna happen -.-

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Thief

Taobella.6597

i was updated that this is not coming out on may 14 ^^