Merciful Ambush :)

in Thief

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

Did anyone see what may or may not be added to this trait? It sounds AMAZING!

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

in Thief

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

only if it’s a minor trait.
not gonna sacrifice a major trait slot for this

in Thief

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

Merciful Ambush: This trait now grants 2 seconds of stealth to you and your ally when beginning a revive.

It doesn’t say that anything will be added .. from the sounds of that, the mini duo-stealth might replace the ambush trap.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Meh. Easier to just use shadow refuge or blinding powder.

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

it would be great if it would replace a useless minor trait somewhere
(example would be the shadow arts tree, the last which gives might on stealth)
or the one on trickery the +1%dmg per initiative … it’s useless for a condition (tree) build really…

in Thief

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

The minor that gives might on stealth is epic… I mean, it gives you 10 might when you use shadow refuge. 350 power + regen + 10ish second stealth on one skill? I will take that anytimes.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

it would be great if it would replace a useless minor trait somewhere
(example would be the shadow arts tree, the last which gives might on stealth)
or the one on trickery the +1%dmg per initiative … it’s useless for a condition (tree) build really…

Might on stealth is amazing. That’s 70 power every time you cloak and dagger. It also stacks VERY quickly for being a passive add on to what you’re already doing. I have to agree that the 1% dmg per initiative is kinda pointless in the condition tree unless it affects your condition dmg too. Maybe change that to 1% condition duration per initiative. The only good place I can see where swapping it out would be the Last Refuge trait. Just make that trait the “new” ambush and turn ambush into a free pocket thief when stunned or something stupid like that.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

My problem with it is that it is likely intended to support the unpopular “combat medic” style of thief play. While it is great that they’re expanding on that role, most thieves will likely just use it for offense (free/easy stealth+benefits if there’s anyone around to revive). It’ll create an even larger community backlash because thieves will now benefit from their allies being downed and instead of trying to get them up will use this trait to achieve more burst damage.

At the end of the day, it is going to end up kitten ing everyone off and getting nerfed in a couple months because the developers didn’t anticipate how the tools they gave out would be used.

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

My problem with it is that it is likely intended to support the unpopular “combat medic” style of thief play. While it is great that they’re expanding on that role, most thieves will likely just use it for offense (free/easy stealth+benefits if there’s anyone around to revive). It’ll create an even larger community backlash because thieves will now benefit from their allies being downed and instead of trying to get them up will use this trait to achieve more burst damage.

At the end of the day, it is going to end up kitten ing everyone off and getting nerfed in a couple months because the developers didn’t anticipate how the tools they gave out would be used.

Actually there is an easy fix for this, you just need to make stealth only available while
healing somebody, if he is healed or when you go away, stealth breaks.

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

A friend is downed, the opponent is loading the spike.
Go for the ress, stealth you and your friend. Opponent miss the spike, you BS the opponent.

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

If leaked notes come to be true, with S/- nerfed into the ground, and SB erradicated from zerg battles, it’s logical that they want to give us something to keep us entertained in sieges and other major attacks, just to kill boredom until the gates are down, the other army retreats from the bridge and so on…

I guess it’s better than just cheerleading our zerg anyways.

The Ele’s down!!!! MEDIIIC !!!!

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

… (free/easy stealth+benefits if there’s anyone around to revive). …

It’s two seconds, of stealth, 3 when traited in SA, wow.

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

… (free/easy stealth+benefits if there’s anyone around to revive). …

It’s two seconds, of stealth, 3 when traited in SA, wow.

3s is nothing to sneeze at, and brings a lot of benefits with traits. Even 2s is more than enough to get all of the “enter into stealth” benefits and exit stealth with an attack. You can try to downplay it, but another tool to access stealth whenever there’s a downed ally is pretty powerful, especially for zero initiative and no burned utilities.

I don’t necessarily believe it is overpowered, but I’m almost 100 % sure it won’t be used like the devs are thinking it will, and will generate a lot of community angst to pile on top of what thieves get already.

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

My only problem with it is like, as Shadow Refuge, if you’re playing with people that don’t know what you’re going to do, they will keep attacking and breaking the stealth, atracting all sorts of AoEs that will kill you too.

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

Yep, It always puzzles me why people keep attacking from downed state at enemies that are at 80%+ health… Let alone dungeon bosses…

Maybe thieves should program a macro in its keyboard to quick-shout: ‘Stay still you moron!!!’