Mesmer rune not working on Tactical Strike?

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

I tried this out in the mists for a while and with or without the 6th Mesmer rune piece, the daze on my Tactical Strike would end right before the start of the third hit in my sword auto attack chain.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the 33% daze duration worked at any point?

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Um yeah it worked when I used it, pre-tactical pvp nerf but then I never used it again and paralyzation is used in pve…
Should work brah.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Toroquin.3605

Toroquin.3605

I tested the same way you did and it doesn’t appear to be working. The daze duration should increase by almost 1/2 second, which should be quite noticeable.

in Thief

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

I think it works in PvE / WvW, but in PvP neither the runes nor the sigils increase the daze duration for Tac strike.

in Thief

Posted by: Noctis Assassin.4035

Noctis Assassin.4035

33% increase on 1.5 sec daze is .5 so it would make it a 2 sec daze. Dazes and stuns automatically round up (I don’t think the daze from headshot rounds up tho) so mesmer runes and sigil of paralyzation are useless in spvp. the daze on tactical strike is 2 secs outside of the mists so it would automatically round up to 3 secs if you used mesmer runes or sigil of paralyzation. I never understood why people would use mesmer runes when you could just use sigil though.

in Thief

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

33% increase on 1.5 sec daze is .5 so it would make it a 2 sec daze. Dazes and stuns automatically round up (I don’t think the daze from headshot rounds up tho) so mesmer runes and sigil of paralyzation are useless in spvp. the daze on tactical strike is 2 secs outside of the mists so it would automatically round up to 3 secs if you used mesmer runes or sigil of paralyzation. I never understood why people would use mesmer runes when you could just use sigil though.

I haven’t tried sigil of paralyzation but how does it interact with Tactical Strike since stun and daze are not the same thing? I would understand for Pistol Whip but for Tactical Strike?

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

The sigil works in PvE/Wvw, you get a sword chain on them while they’re stunned.

in Thief

Posted by: Dairuin.5602

Dairuin.5602

Facts:

#1: Items that effect stun duration also affect daze duration. Stuns and dazes are not conditions however, and are not affected by condition duration enhancements.

#2: All stuns and dazes round up to the nearest second in duration. I.E. the 1/4 second daze on headshot is in fact a full 1s daze.

#3: You’d have to modify the 1.5s duration of tac strike to be >2seconds in order to see any sort of return, since it already acts as a 2s daze. In other words, you need 34% increase in stun duration to make it a 3s daze. Not sure this is even possible with the equipment provided in the mists.

#4: Tac Strike was only nerfed to 1.5s daze in the mists. In PvE/WvW it’s still a 2s daze and any sort of stun duration increase will push it to a 3s daze.

Hope that clears things up.

in Thief

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

Facts:

#1: Items that effect stun duration also affect daze duration. Stuns and dazes are not conditions however, and are not affected by condition duration enhancements.

#2: All stuns and dazes round up to the nearest second in duration. I.E. the 1/4 second daze on headshot is in fact a full 1s daze.

#3: You’d have to modify the 1.5s duration of tac strike to be >2seconds in order to see any sort of return, since it already acts as a 2s daze. In other words, you need 34% increase in stun duration to make it a 3s daze. Not sure this is even possible with the equipment provided in the mists.

#4: Tac Strike was only nerfed to 1.5s daze in the mists. In PvE/WvW it’s still a 2s daze and any sort of stun duration increase will push it to a 3s daze.

Hope that clears things up.

Sounds good! Since you seem to know a lot about this aspect, I would like ask you two questions:

1 – Does Sigil of Impact (+10% damage against stunned foes) works on dazed targets by TS?

2 – Does the combination of Superior Runes of the Mesmer (6th slot gives 33% daze duration) along with a Superior Sigil of Paralyzation (15% stun duration) will work together on TS?

Thanks in advance!

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in Thief

Posted by: Dairuin.5602

Dairuin.5602

Sounds good! Since you seem to know a lot about this aspect, I would like ask you two questions:

1 – Does Sigil of Impact (+10% damage against stunned foes) works on dazed targets by TS?

2 – Does the combination of Superior Runes of the Mesmer (6th slot gives 33% daze duration) along with a Superior Sigil of Paralyzation (15% stun duration) will work together on TS?

Thanks in advance!

Both are good questions and I’ve not tested either. I’ll check it out this evening. Off the top I’d say neither is actually WORTH using, but I’m also curious about the mechanics of it.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Hard to test since Sigil of Impact doesn’t seem to be available in the mists :/

in Thief

Posted by: Pentalic.5409

Pentalic.5409

I am currently using Runes of the Mesmer on my PvE Dungeon build. I can potentially buy a Sigil of Impact tonight to test this out.
Bought the runes thinking they’d up Tac Strike to 3 seconds, wasn’t aware you needed a 34% increase -.-

Blackgate – Asuran Thief – Pentalic The Silent
“A wise man once said something. No one paid attention.”

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Sigil of Paralyzation works for the daze as well.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Thief

Posted by: Pentalic.5409

Pentalic.5409

Facts:

Something in here seems off. I am using Runes of the Mesmer AND a Superior Sigil of Paralyzation, yet the duration of the daze from Tac Strike looks and feels the same as is did when I used only the runes. I’m starting to think there may be a cap on the amount of daze or stun duration one might have. If so, and if it is 33%, then Tac Strike needs a 0.1s buff. (imo)

Blackgate – Asuran Thief – Pentalic The Silent
“A wise man once said something. No one paid attention.”