Meta-Battle New Venomshare PvE Build

in Thief

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Updated with super math.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Dungeon_Venom_Share

It runs smooth, it’s easy to use, has great survivability. It has a sustained dps of ~12k and a burst of 16kdps/30sec

The one thing the build is missing though is Icebow.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

(edited by Scootabuser.4915)

in Thief

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

……………O.o

in Thief

Posted by: Orcinus Orca.8627

Orcinus Orca.8627

Thanks for the guide. I love it already. Conditions are finally awesome.

in Thief

Orcinus Orca.8627

Here’s the code for your specializations:

{{Specialization/Deadly Arts|top|mid|top}}
{{Specialization/Critical Strikes|top|mid|top}}
{{Specialization/Shadow Arts|bot|bot|bot}}

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

Here’s the code for your specializations:

{{Specialization/Deadly Arts|top|mid|top}}
{{Specialization/Critical Strikes|top|mid|top}}
{{Specialization/Shadow Arts|bot|bot|bot}}

sick thanks

in Thief

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Forum isn’t the place to post troll builds.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

Hahaha have you tried it? This isn’t a troll, it’s the fastest boss killer in the game right now.

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

This isn’t a troll build. Bosses literally die in 3 seconds. RIP your petty world records.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

This isn’t a troll build. Bosses literally die in 3 seconds. RIP your petty world records.

as petty as 500 viewer lolesports pvp and wvw
are you still mad because you couldnt make it in PvE and because people abuse reflects?
)))))))

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

in Thief

Orcinus Orca.8627

What do you think about Resourceful Trapper instead of Panic Strike and using Needle Trap instead of Caltrops? Wouldn’t that be even more damage (more condition damage, might and vulnerability)?

in Thief

NikeEU.7690

Hahaha have you tried it? This isn’t a troll, it’s the fastest boss killer in the game right now.

Why don’t you back up your bold claims with bold evidence?

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

What do you think about Resourceful Trapper instead of Panic Strike and using Needle Trap instead of Caltrops? Wouldn’t that be even more damage (more condition damage, might and vulnerability)?

I didn’t even think to run the numbers on the new needle trap! Good catch, after doing the numbers needle trap did come out on top.

in Thief

Posted by: Punia.2469

Punia.2469

Is it worth to try or is it a joke? I don’t want to waste gold for gear…

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

Is it worth to try or is it a joke? I don’t want to waste gold for gear…

It’s not a joke, but if they nerf it into the ground then \o/

in Thief

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

1)Dagger training is horrible trait – apply max 4 stack poison with 100% condi duration
2)Potent poison – funny trait to
3) Giver’s weapons ? Waste tons of conditions DMG -> you have all ready 100% bleeding duration and 93% poison duration when you use Sigil of Venom (sigil of bursting is waste money for nothing)

Much better is Trickery witch caltrops, Deadly arts with trap traits and Improvisation
Utility skills needle trap + caltrops.

BTW I have no idea where you make 16k sustain DPS Me record is 55x bleed stack on target. I must use on this 2x needle traps 2x caltrops and 2x F1 + caltrops on dodges = 9k DPS with 2450 condition DMG You make maybe 40x stack poison and 20 stack bleeding when you use venom share on five targets = 3300 bleeding dps and 7220 poison DMG with 2450 condition dmg. 32 sec CD on venoms and max 12 sec duration.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

(edited by Evilek.5690)

in Thief

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

where come the 16k… think about venomous aura? The applied venoms are your DMG and you can add a ton off it that way: 30 stacks Poison and 20 Stacks Torment… AND you must consider Might stacks, buff food and so on
AND you have quite hefty direct DMG as well

How high it is I did not test yet myself (even if I have a similar build at my disposal) I think It is more than Direct DMG (as long as in a Group)

(edited by Rai.9625)

in Thief

Oxygen.5918

Why don’t you do your own research instead of letting people talk you into things?

as petty as 500 viewer lolesports pvp and wvw
are you still mad because you couldnt make it in PvE and because people abuse reflects?
)))))))

Are you like, trying to insult me? by trashing your favorite game?

didn’t move.

(edited by Oxygen.5918)

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

1)Dagger training is horrible trait – apply max 4 stack poison with 100% condi duration
2)Potent poison – funny trait to
3) Giver’s weapons ? Waste tons of conditions DMG -> you have all ready 100% bleeding duration and 93% poison duration when you use Sigil of Venom (sigil of bursting is waste money for nothing)

Much better is Trickery witch caltrops, Deadly arts with trap traits and Improvisation
Utility skills needle trap + caltrops.

BTW I have no idea where you make 16k sustain DPS Me record is 55x bleed stack on target. I must use on this 2x needle traps 2x caltrops and 2x F1 + caltrops on dodges = 9k DPS with 2450 condition DMG You make maybe 40x stack poison and 20 stack bleeding when you use venom share on five targets = 3300 bleeding dps and 7220 poison DMG with 2450 condition dmg. 32 sec CD on venoms and max 12 sec duration.

I bet you dont even have a spreadsheet.

in Thief

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Of the 16k DPS, how much is physical and how much comes from condition damage?

in Thief

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Ironic that you make these claims then turn around and delete link to your build.

in Thief

Posted by: Singularity.1486

Singularity.1486

Ironic that you make these claims then turn around and delete link to your build.

It was changed to another title http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Dungeon_Venom_Share

in Thief

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

It was changed to another title http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Dungeon_Venom_Share

Thanks I will test it out

in Thief

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

people have tested it already and this is nowhere near 15900 dps, not even close.

also:
" It has the highest sustained DPS in the game right now (almost 16k) "

kappa
there are other classes and builds that are higher than 16k.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

people have tested it already and this is nowhere near 15900 dps, not even close.

also:

kappa

http://i.imgur.com/uU8KpgB.png this is with sigil of bursting but without sigil of earth, it’s all the abilities you would you use in a 32 second rotation.

I mean lets be honest here though, Icebow is the meta, it’s always been the meta, and it will be the meta till it gets nerfed. These builds are just for us plebs that like playing classes other then the elementalist :P

Also I edited my claim so yall wouldn’t get all butthut about me saying my build was the best in the game, that honor solely lies with all of the DnT builds.’

rip kappa

in Thief

Oxygen.5918

DnT: The most important brick of the least important wall. You’d think they’d pick a game with actual PvE content that doesn’t seem like it came right out of 1998 to try and be snob about. But you’d be wrong.

As for OP, you seem to mistake DPS and Damage per Cast. Death Blossom isn’t 16k dps because it deals 16k per cast. It’s initial damage + (16k/bleed duration) = dps.

didn’t move.

(edited by Oxygen.5918)

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

DnT: The most important brick of the least important wall. You’d think they’d pick a game with actual PvE content that doesn’t seem like it came right out of 1998 to try and be snob about. But you’d be wrong.

As for OP, you seem to mistake DPS and Damage per Cast. Death Blossom isn’t 16k dps because it deals 16k per cast. It’s initial damage + (16k/bleed duration) = dps.

You are correct, but over a 32 second burst, all the of the conditions from the first burst of venoms, calitropes, and death blossoms have run their course. So they apply all of their damage. The only DPS your losing is a few bleeds and poisons still ticking at the end of the boss fight.

in Thief

Posted by: I Forgot.1684

I Forgot.1684

I would suggest Executioner over Potent Poison. Executioner practically gives you a solid +10% on all damage. This build deals hybrid damage. If it dealt damage, exclusively, with poison, then potent poison would be most effective. I assume you will get a higher return from the additional 10% of all your non-poison damage than you would from the +33% poison duration.

Also, the stats on gear have been increased by 30%, but the bonus to condition duration on Giver’s weapons remains at +10%. The build might be more effective if you use Sinister weapons instead of Giver’s. This is especially true if bosses are dying in a matter of seconds.

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

I would suggest Executioner over Potent Poison. Executioner practically gives you a solid +10% on all damage. This build deals hybrid damage. If it dealt damage, exclusively, with poison, then potent poison would be most effective. I assume you will get a higher return from the additional 10% of all your non-poison damage than you would from the +33% poison duration.

Also, the stats on gear have been increased by 30%, but the bonus to condition duration on Giver’s weapons remains at +10%. The build might be more effective if you use Sinister weapons instead of Giver’s. This is especially true if bosses are dying in a matter of seconds.

You’d think that, but you’d be wrong. Because spider venom uses the enhanced version even on allies, and your auto attacks poison, and all your attacks have a chance to poison, the enhanced poison trait DOES come out a lot higher.

When I originally made this build I had sinister weapons, but after testing sinister weapons and giver weapons with every sigil combination that matters, this one was the highest damage.

in Thief

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

I pieced together a very similar version to this for sPvP, and it works really good! Those conditions deal insane damage.

in Thief

NikeEU.7690

I tested it. It sucks. Nice troll build, at least.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

in Thief

Posted by: Vakrir.4829

Vakrir.4829

Why should anyone have to disprove what you have not proven?

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

Why should I have to prove anything to anyone? I found my info, I shared it. Do what you will.

in Thief

Vakrir.4829

Why should I have to prove anything to anyone? I found my info, I shared it. Do what you will.

Because you bravely posted it on the forums as the new “meta.” At the moment I’m assuming you’re a troll.

in Thief

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

ive been using it and i like it a lot, didnt have to waste gold or anything because i was running sinister on my thief already

i did have to buy the runes and sigils

I for one, LOVE Death Blossom, so this build appeals to me right off the bat. It kills pretty quick. I do not think it deals as much dmg as a Guardian or Ele burning condi tho. Burning is sooooo rediculous right now. That doesnt stop this from being a fun build though.

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

Because you bravely posted it on the forums as the new “meta.” At the moment I’m assuming you’re a troll.

The new meta? Where did I say that? Meta-Battle is the name of the website I posted the gear on.

in Thief

Vakrir.4829

The new meta? Where did I say that? Meta-Battle is the name of the website I posted the gear on.

Posting an allegedly high damage build that outdps’es everything before it is posting a meta build, whether you think so or not.

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

Posting an allegedly high damage build that outdps’es everything before it is posting a meta build, whether you think so or not.

Meta-Battle is the name of the website.

in Thief

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

also:

kappa

http://i.imgur.com/uU8KpgB.png this is with sigil of bursting but without sigil of earth, it’s all the abilities you would you use in a 32 second rotation.

I mean lets be honest here though, Icebow is the meta, it’s always been the meta, and it will be the meta till it gets nerfed. These builds are just for us plebs that like playing classes other then the elementalist :P

Also I edited my claim so yall wouldn’t get all butthut about me saying my build was the best in the game, that honor solely lies with all of the DnT builds.’

rip kappa

What is this DB 15kDPS you kidding right ?
Here is DB+venom share DPS https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_1sjPiByhnei4nXR9_yEPMnwhJEBg1C8r6lE2dwHD_k/edit?usp=sharing

1500 condi DMG and 2000 power

DB has 1555 DPS
Venom share with 5 players
Spider venom 1158 DPS
Skale venom 536 DPS

Total: 3249 DPS. With 100% condi duration maybe 7k

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

(edited by Evilek.5690)

in Thief

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

Why does the usage say lead with caltrops and steal but caltrops is not on the main bar?

in Thief

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Why does the usage say lead with caltrops and steal but caltrops is not on the main bar?

this build is not in it’s final stage, and is being updated constantly, he actually started the build with caltrops where the need trap is

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

Updated original post

This is most likely the final iteration of the build unless anyone points out a mistake I can correct.

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

Hmm, I’ve tried a similar build, using Dire instead of Sinister (part of my ex-troll medic set), and I have to say, venomshare deals amazing damage against single bosses.
I’m dealing 6k per tick in poisons, 2k per tick in torment and around 3k per tick in bleeds, all while being really tanky since i’m using dire, and even while using runes of Mercy (which only gives toughness, and ressing abilities). The dmagae will probably go up with runes optimised for condition dmg.
The only real problem are trash mobs. Unless the whole party spams AOEs, our venoms loses a lot of their effectiveness. Our best AOE venom applicator is Choking gas, which while effective, is nowhere near as good as using S/D and spamming Blinding Powder.

By the way, instead of rune of the afflicted, how abut rune of the Aristocracy? Venoms will give you might, and with other members stacking might, you can hit 25 stacks of might easily. Has anyone done the math between Might v Condition Duration?

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

in Thief

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

Agree focused Venom Share is high DMG, though I would never even consider stacking might myself… not in a group. Blastfinishing a Fire Field results in 25 stacks might easily.

It is not the job of the Thief to stack Might on himself. His job: Blast Finishing a fire field. My opinion though^^

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

Agree focused Venom Share is high DMG, though I would never even consider stacking might myself… not in a group. Blastfinishing a Fire Field results in 25 stacks might easily.

It is not the job of the Thief to stack Might on himself. His job: Blast Finishing a fire field. My opinion though^^

Agreed, it’s a nice bonus but not good enough to be worth focusing on.

in Thief

EazyPanda.6419

What I meant was the damage numbers between having longer might duration against more condi duration.

Runes of the Aristocracy gives 45% more might duration, and gives 3 stacks of might on a healing skill, while Rune of the afflicted gives 30% bleed duration and 15% poison duration. Most of your damage comes form poison, so essentially you are just getting 15% extra duration on poison against 45% more might, and extra 3 might every 15 seconds (running SoM or 18 sec running withdraw).

Venoms will proc might due to our traits, so we will be stacking some might by default. Having more might will probably be better when we are running solo PvE, as our default power attacks will benefit from it as well.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

What I meant was the damage numbers between having longer might duration against more condi duration.

Runes of the Aristocracy gives 45% more might duration, and gives 3 stacks of might on a healing skill, while Rune of the afflicted gives 30% bleed duration and 15% poison duration. Most of your damage comes form poison, so essentially you are just getting 15% extra duration on poison against 45% more might, and extra 3 might every 15 seconds (running SoM or 18 sec running withdraw).

Venoms will proc might due to our traits, so we will be stacking some might by default. Having more might will probably be better when we are running solo PvE, as our default power attacks will benefit from it as well.

If your doing venomshare in a solo build, your doing it wrong.

in Thief

EazyPanda.6419

If your doing venomshare in a solo build, your doing it wrong.

Considering if one feels like running a condition build in PvE, solo or dungeon-wise, my guess is they might as well take DA, SA and Trickery.

DA line is self explanatory, with dagger training and potent poison. Trickery allows access to torment, confusion and more caltrops, both on dodge and reducing the cooldown of the utility. SA line gives survivability through shadow’s embrace, might on venoms, and Venomous aura also reduces recharge on venoms.

The alternative for leeching venoms (the might trait) is giving allies regen in steath, and stealth on steal, which is arguably lackluster in a condi build.
The alternate traits for venomshare is shadow’s embrace, which while useful, is kind of unneeded compared to reducing recharge on venoms in a condi build. Leeching venoms and SoM can fulfill your healing needs quite nicely. Cloaked in shadow on the other hand does not synergise well with a condi build anyway.

Venoms, while dealing massive damage in a party, is still decent in a solo situation, though i’d probably just take spider venom, maybe basilisk. It’s still 7k+ extra AOE damage on a 32s cooldown, (assuming you apply it with choking gas).

That or just get bag space and stow away a full set of power gear which you swap everytime you decide to go solo. shrugs That’s what i do, with my ascended set being full zerk anyway.

This is more for people who are less enthusiastic on swapping gear/traits/utilities every few mins. (though a good thief should be doing it ayway)

Anet logic:

in Thief

Posted by: MikuMikuDesu.2415

MikuMikuDesu.2415

TIL summoned thieves get venom share as well its fun applying 30+ poison stacks on a target

in Thief

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

So, before the patch I was a bleed-condi solo thief (camp flipping in WvW or farming Orr). I happened to rejoin the game on patch day, and after a week of tooling with a new mesmer, picked my thief back up for the specific purpose of getting him ready to do group dungeons with some friends. With all the changes, venomshare had caught my eye. Since I was already mostly geared, I just tweaked my runes and sigils ankitten ow running something very similar to the above build. Here are my day 1 impressions:

When soloing, Guild is your mostest favoritist Elite EVAR. Stacking 20+ poison, 10+ Torment, 10+ Bleeds, all before the mob even turns to face you is amazing. Note that you can/will get more up, that’s just how the fight starts off. If you happen across a few other players doing an event things just melt.

For pure soloing, that is traversing the zones and doing hearts/events, I found my damage to be pretty standard, with on caveat: I have to do more work to do my damage. I used to just dodge/trops, spam DD#3, and dodge trops some more, then walk over to collect the loot. Now I need to pop a venom first. I might be able to do things better in a power build soloing, but I did not at any point feel that I needed to replace anything on a venomshare build to solo any areas.

Just my (again, day one) two cents.

Oh, one last thing:
I did a little testing for anyone curious or unaware: When you use venomshare, ALL conditions derived from your venoms are based on your condition damage/duration, and count as coming from you (for the purpose of tagging mobs, and seemingly threat as well). The procs also appear on your screen; something to consider.

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)