Mobility champs? lets find out! :D

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

So …gotta say…very cool idea… FOOT RACE in dragonbrand server

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151499703519209&set=a.135044094208.103264.114036714208&type=1&theater

This will answer our question by checking the top 20 winners average out. see how really has the best mobility. im curious ! are you?

could place a betting system and everything! would be fun i think!

any thoughts?

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

My money is on Warriors and Rangers…

in Thief

Travlane.5948

ranger? oh yeah they turn into birds n stuff. my bet is warrior.

in Thief

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Warrior has better long range mobility, thief however has much more dynamic and versatile mobility that is very good for long range travel and far superior for constant short range mobility.

A warrior can be juked and kited or caught in short range situations, a well played thief should be able to stay in range or out of reach at will from anything but another thief. Bring utility skills into it to try and equalize the equation and thief utility skills will make the warrior utility skills look sad by comparison in terms of movement.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

(edited by Ralathar.7236)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

skills alone thief has em better for mobility but warriors attacks and rush etc will allow them to win this race. i always say thieve has best in combat mobility. warrior has straight dash mobility best.

in Thief

Posted by: Blackbird.4382

Blackbird.4382

I got chased down by a warrior while on my Ranger last night. I run GS & Sword/Dagger and was hitting Swoop & Monarchs Leap off cool downs.

Ranger/Thief/Elementalist/Warrior – Fort Aspenwood
DAOC Vet – Etheria & Schado Fox

in Thief

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Pfft, you’re all wrong. Mesmers totally have this hands down.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

how so drawing guy?

in Thief

Posted by: ShadowLordX.5148

ShadowLordX.5148

Thieves correctly buit and traited win this without issue.

You have 3 targetted shadow steps for 900 range(specced correctly 1 is 1200 range 31 second cooldown, the other is 900 range 30 second cooldown, and the last is 900 range 3 initiative 15 second cooldown), a 900 range untargetted shadow step for 6 initiative, a 1200 range untargetted 40 second cooldown shadowstep, 2 super rolls, 60-70% vigor uptime, 100+% swiftness uptime, multiple ways to remove cripple/immobilize and keep moving.

Really, if you spec’ed for it thieves have the best speed in the game. Warriors have nothing on Thieves with regards to sheer forward motion.

All Classes 80; Kylar, Verushk, Thorgar,
Valar, Lyala, Laya, Leyela, Cattee
Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

(edited by ShadowLordX.5148)

in Thief

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Sarcasm Travlane. Mesmers are the hardest to reach 100% swiftness uptime on, have no speed signets, and only one non-combat port that they can use to actually gain ground actively, which is on a rather long cooldown. Mesmers have the least non-combat mobility in the game. :p

As for thief, there are a dozen options to keep run speed and ports up, but screw all that. Just Sword #2 at the finish line, and as long as the race starts before the timer runs out, win!

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Long run straight line no target S/x and GS ranger mobile utility included. Warrior Next GS and Sw/x then thief then then ele then engineer then mesmer then guardian then necro.

You guys can look up my old post or run the math yourself. If you are building in each set for max mobility you end up here. If you have a target things change a bit. Thief could possibly out run everyone.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Thief

Travlane.5948

idk i had steal….infil signet…infil strike….shadowstep….hearseeker and signet of shadows and swiftness on dodge….i still couldnt beat this warrior in a race…i could catch him when i had my skills up but his leaps…whilrs….dashes…rushes…and perma swiftness i just couldnt quite keep up…. so idk…im no slouch and had him targeted the whole time. i think warrior will win

in Thief

Travlane.5948

@shadow lords u might be surprised. if its a short sprint thieves would win. but anything thats like a 1-2 min race…warrior wins.

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

3X infiltrator arrows – 2700
Shadowstep – 1200
Steal – 1200
Withdraw – 450-600
Roll for initiative – 450-600
Infiltrators strike – 600
By the time all of these are completed, it’s likely you have enough initiative(especially including roll for initiative skill) for
3X infiltrators arrow- 2700

Assuming the thief is traited for max mobility and initiative.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

infiltrators arrow is about 33%(if i remember right) less effective than heartseeker for distance gaining. dont feel like writing it out but it really is….. just a helpful tidbit.

in Thief

ShadowLordX.5148

@shadow lords u might be surprised. if its a short sprint thieves would win. but anything thats like a 1-2 min race…warrior wins.

Not if both are traited for max speed. Warrior’s have a high base speed, but a low speed cap. Thieves on the other hand have a mid range base speed but a high cap.

Warriors have access to 1 1200 range rush on a 20s(16s traited) cd, a 900 leap on a 8s cd, a 600 rush on a 40s(32s traited) cd, a 450 rush on a 8s(6.5 traited) cd. Then if they’re really good about aiming their banners they have a 600 rush on a 15s(12s traited) cd. They can get 100% swiftness uptime, and probably near 75% vigor uptime.

Now I noted what thieves can get, and given specs for initiative regen vigor and reduced cds, thieves can far outspeed warriors. The specific spec im talking about is 0 0 10 30 30, with runes of the centaur, using withdraw, signet of infiltration, shadowstep, and roll for initiative. Traiting for iniative and vigor on heal, reduced trick and deception cooldowns, increased steal range, and increased initative gain, you have easily way more speed than a warrior if you’re good at using the quick turn to transform roll for initiative and withdraw into speed abilities. This really applies to both burst and long distance running. Warrior is only faster than a thief while untraited and relying mostly on merely signet of shadow + heartseeker/infiltrator’s arrow for mobility.

Also regarding infiltrator’s arrow vs heartseeker, I’d be interested to see how each compares when in combat. Also infiltrators arrow has the useful ability to ignore cripples/chills/immobilize, however the raw speed on heartseeker might be better if it really is 33% more efficient(but given that this is running through orr, I have a feeling ways to reduce movement reduction may be more important.

Finally you lost because you had signet of shadows instead of rocking perma swiftness, via runes of the centaur, with perma swiftness you beat the warrior due to more gap closers, and not wasting utilities on signet of shadows.

Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

in Thief

Travlane.5948

in Thief

Travlane.5948

thief and warrior are VERY close in mobility….the small difference is cooldown tho. warrior has quicker “re-access” in my opinion than thief. thats my experience tho trying to catch up with a warrior that was a pro scouter. 3 of the shadowstep skills need targets too. (steal) (infiltrators strike) (infiltrators signet) and for steal it has to be in range….and strike doesnt always go full distance on a far target idk y…. i mean i love my thief im just saying i give a slight edge to warrior.

adding in conditions im sure thief would win….warrior sprint / leap skills LOVE to target things. infiltrators arrow is a waste of intiative no matter how u look at it. just to keep it simple in explanation…..its a slow skill…unless ur standing still u dont get 900 range. u get around 600 and for only half of your initiative :/ . HS is better even with cripple. but hs is good only when used 2+ times….if you use one there is like a 1 sec animation thing that makes u stand still .

in Thief

ShadowLordX.5148

thief and warrior are VERY close in mobility….the small difference is cooldown tho. warrior has quicker “re-access” in my opinion than thief. thats my experience tho trying to catch up with a warrior that was a pro scouter. 3 of the shadowstep skills need targets too. (steal) (infiltrators strike) (infiltrators signet) and for steal it has to be in range….and strike doesnt always go full distance on a far target idk y…. i mean i love my thief im just saying i give a slight edge to warrior.

adding in conditions im sure thief would win….warrior sprint / leap skills LOVE to target things. infiltrators arrow is a waste of intiative no matter how u look at it. just to keep it simple in explanation…..its a slow skill…unless ur standing still u dont get 900 range. u get around 600 and for only half of your initiative :/ . HS is better even with cripple. but hs is good only when used 2+ times….if you use one there is like a 1 sec animation thing that makes u stand still .

They really aren’t. Warriors are very fast when they barely work for it, but they have very few useful traits or additional mobility utilities, whereas most thieves don’t take every mobility option they have and don’t take the extreme abundance of traits which will increase their overall speed. Warriors can only reduce the cooldowns on their gs and physical utilities(and perhaps banners) to get added mobility. Thieves can literally have every trait dedicated to increasing how fast they can go.

Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

in Thief

Travlane.5948

only 2 traits helps how fast you go tho….50% while invis and 20% reduced signet for infiltrators….well i guess 2 intiative per 10 seconds helps but thats 1 extra heartseeker per 20 seconds. idk i think its close tho we will have to see. maybe we can get some trial runs in before it starts. does race matter? dont norns have some skill that makes em a bird or something? or idk

in Thief

ShadowLordX.5148

only 2 traits helps how fast you go tho….50% while invis and 20% reduced signet for infiltrators….well i guess 2 intiative per 10 seconds helps but thats 1 extra heartseeker per 20 seconds. idk i think its close tho we will have to see. maybe we can get some trial runs in before it starts. does race matter? dont norns have some skill that makes em a bird or something? or idk

If you cant see how other traits increase your speed you’re doing it wrong.

Vigor on heal, more dodges, more movement(a dodge roll is slightly faster than standard movement). Initiative on heal, you get 4 iniative on heal, which when combined with withdraw, equated to a good 900 or so mobility on your heal, which is also curing crippled/chilled/immobilize and giving you swiftness via runes of the centaur. Trick cooldown reduction reduces the time to reuse roll for iniative, which gives you 2 heartseekers + 600 movement on its own, while also nicely curing crippled/chilled/immobilize. You get even more initiative regen, you get dodge rolls cures cripples, and if you have enemies long reach on steal(which this will be through orr, there will be plenty of enemies.)

The speed on stealth is worthless btw, it doesn’t stack with swiftness and doesn’t go over 33% movement speed, so you’re better off with runes of the centaur and using your heal to increase your speed(withdraw already is amazing for fast movement anyways.)

EDIT: Norn might be ridiculous for this, snow lepoard gives absurd rush, but the long cooldown might limit it, but paired with a good thief build a norn thief would probably be the fastest set possible.

Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

infiltrators arrow is about 33%(if i remember right) less effective than heartseeker for distance gaining. dont feel like writing it out but it really is….. just a helpful tidbit.

I still think the arrow is better. Heartseeker isn’t instant teleport, plus it tends to snag things which gets you in combat and infiltrator’s arrow is great for teleporting up small cliffs and completely past enemies without hitting them head on.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

If you cant see how other traits increase your speed you’re doing it wrong.

Vigor on heal, more dodges, more movement(a dodge roll is slightly faster than standard movement). Initiative on heal, you get 4 iniative on heal, which when combined with withdraw, equated to a good 900 or so mobility on your heal, which is also curing crippled/chilled/immobilize and giving you swiftness via runes of the centaur. Trick cooldown reduction reduces the time to reuse roll for iniative, which gives you 2 heartseekers + 600 movement on its own, while also nicely curing crippled/chilled/immobilize. You get even more initiative regen, you get dodge rolls cures cripples, and if you have enemies long reach on steal(which this will be through orr, there will be plenty of enemies.)

The speed on stealth is worthless btw, it doesn’t stack with swiftness and doesn’t go over 33% movement speed, so you’re better off with runes of the centaur and using your heal to increase your speed(withdraw already is amazing for fast movement anyways.)

EDIT: Norn might be ridiculous for this, snow lepoard gives absurd rush, but the long cooldown might limit it, but paired with a good thief build a norn thief would probably be the fastest set possible.

stealth speed is so very slightly faster than swiftness as i have tested it….but def not 50%. prolly 40 if i have to guess. and yes they do increase intiative etc…but thats increase in skills etc not speed. but i get what you mean. idk we will have to wait and see what happens.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I still think the arrow is better. Heartseeker isn’t instant teleport, plus it tends to snag things which gets you in combat and infiltrator’s arrow is great for teleporting up small cliffs and completely past enemies without hitting them head on.

HS does snag but IA only nets a 650ish gain for twice the init pretty much