Mobility

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Warriors and Mesmers it better!

Seriously what’s up with the thief profession excelling at mobile and evading?! I hear promises and more promises from anet but all they have been doing is nerfing our mobility even further… on the next patch there is nother nerf… thieves are getting as mobile as a rock.

A-net is constantly nerfing thieves patch after patch with a promise of “compensation”, were is this compensation?

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

thief moblity in this game is still not as bad as in some other games :x

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Are you serious?

Mobility

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Are you serious?

yes i am serious

go try wow, rogues have 1 spell that ports you to target on 24 sec CD and 7 sec swiftness buff on 1 min CD

that’s it

in LoL Evelynn (which is basically stealth champ) has 15 sec CD on 3 sec swiftness

in gw2 thiees are actually very moblile but compared to similar classes from other games they lack hard CCs

one thing i rather miss in this game is stealing weapon, while steal does provide nice things here it doesn’t prevent target from using their attacks while in games like wow stealing weapon from warrior would prevent them from using attacks for few sec

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I’m talking about GW2 here, do you fins t acceptable that warriors have more mobility then thieves? Is it justified that they keep nerfing what’s left of thieves,mobility outside SB?

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I’m talking about GW2 here, do you fins t acceptable that warriors have more mobility then thieves? Is it justified that they keep nerfing what’s left of thieves,mobility outside SB?

A vertical teleport is better than a 1200 dash. A warrior going up two flights of stairs would take 10 seconds while a thief can shadowstep up and escape.

Even with that. I think warrior mobility is acceptable. They are melee professions. Their kitten nal is full of melee weapons. Without mobility, they will hit the air more often than the enemy.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

A vertical teleport is better than a 1200 dash. A warrior going up two flights of stairs would take 10 seconds while a thief can shadowstep up and escape.

If the teleport works on the stairs, yes. Teleport skills aren’t particularly keen on gaps (even miniscule ones)or changes in elevation.

Even with that. I think warrior mobility is acceptable. They are melee professions. Their kitten nal is full of melee weapons. Without mobility, they will hit the air more often than the enemy.

I don’t think it’s completely outrageous, but I think it’s excessive. In my opinion, terrible mobility should be their trade-off for high health, damage, and armor.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Thieves are immobile?

…I’m missing something here. I’m dodging and shadow stepping everywhere when I fight….sometimes my thief is too mobile and I overdoing it…

I daresay my thief has better mobility than my mesmer.

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Are you serious?

yes i am serious

go try wow, rogues have 1 spell that ports you to target on 24 sec CD and 7 sec swiftness buff on 1 min CD

that’s it

in LoL Evelynn (which is basically stealth champ) has 15 sec CD on 3 sec swiftness

in gw2 thiees are actually very moblile but compared to similar classes from other games they lack hard CCs

one thing i rather miss in this game is stealing weapon, while steal does provide nice things here it doesn’t prevent target from using their attacks while in games like wow stealing weapon from warrior would prevent them from using attacks for few sec

Ehhh… steal can daze people you know….and that’s a legit build…

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Evernessince.8035

Evernessince.8035

Thieves are immobile?

…I’m missing something here. I’m dodging and shadow stepping everywhere when I fight….sometimes my thief is too mobile and I overdoing it…

I daresay my thief has better mobility than my mesmer.

Shadowstep doesn’t work very well in many places, as stated above. It’s useless on stairs, certain bridges, cliffs, and basicly any acute angle or greate degree surface. Thats most of the thieves mobility.

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Nema Tode.5637

Nema Tode.5637

Well in Anet’s defense… rocks can be pretty mobile given the right conditions…

In all seriousness though, we got crazy mobility on sword skills, skills that INSTANTLY teleport us, skills that keep us from being seen(what cannot be seen cannot [easily] be followed) or if you’re feeling like burning up your init, just hs all over the place :p

Attachments:

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Are you serious?

yes i am serious

I mean that it’s completely absurd to compare two games, even more so to compare one aspect of the mechanics.

I haven’t played Wow, but if it’s like most MMO’s you’d probably not be able to evade/dodge like you can in GW, or hit something without targeting it. To compare ‘mobility’ between GW and Wow is absurd.

Furthermore, if you compare with thieves in other games you are attempting to ‘balance’ similar professions among diffenent games, which is even more absurd. We are playing Guildwars and Guildwars character classes should be compared and balanced amongst each other and not against similar classes in other games.

go try wow,

Only if I get a decent pay to do so.

Mobility

in Thief

runeblade.7514

If the teleport works on the stairs, yes. Teleport skills aren’t particularly keen on gaps (even miniscule ones)or changes in elevation.

I don’t think it’s completely outrageous, but I think it’s excessive. In my opinion, terrible mobility should be their trade-off for high health, damage, and armor.

Warriors trade off boon removal, poison, and the ability to ignore snares through shadowsteps.

Mobility

in Thief

Cynz.9437

well you asked me if i was seriour when i said that thief moblity is not that bad compared to other games

if anything war moblity could use slight nerf, but really their moblity isn’t major issue

i do wish however that signet of shadows active was bit more usefull

All is Vain~

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

There was a time when thief class was the only one with passive 25% ims. Now almost every class has it + traits so they dont even need to waste a utility slot for ims. Some got perma swift…
I dont say thief lacks mobility, but we could need a +25 % trait like other proffessions. Assassins retreat for example

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Dont forget the warrior, domey and their T1 trait that give them permaswift.

Why dont have the “fastest” class this trait?

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Signet of Shadows should be changed to:

Passive: Grants 30% increase in movement speed
Active (Cast time instant): Evade backwards, or in whichever direction you are currently moving (basically, an extra dodge roll for a utility slot).
Distance: 600
CD: 10 sec.

Infilitrators Signet:

Passive: Regenerate 1 extra initiative every 5 seconds.
Active (instant): Shadowstep (ground targeted, breaks stun)
Range: 1000
CD: 15 sec.

Signet of Agility:

Passive: Increased Precision and Crit Dmg
Active: Refills endurance and cures a condition for every two (three?) pts. of remaining initiative you have.
CD: 20 sec.

Assassin’s Signet:

Passive: Grants increased power and condition duration
Active: 3Might (15 sec)
CD: 30 sec.

New Elite:

Signet of the Nemesis:

Passive: 10% chance on crit to trigger 1/4 sec. evade.
Active: 50% chance to evade any attack for 10 sec.
CD: 60 sec.

(edited by ipan.4356)

Mobility

in Thief

Imagi.4561

Warriors trade off boon removal, poison, and the ability to ignore snares through shadowsteps.

The ability to remove 1 boon with Larcenous Strike on the sword—a weapon that is being nerfed on Dec. 10—and the ability to remove 2 boons with a traited Steal is not exactly what I’d consider an overwhelming advantage, but it’s true that Warriors can’t do it. Poison, though? Really? Warriors get knockdowns, knockbacks, burning, and 2-3 second stuns. As a Thief, I would gladly give a Warrior my ability to poison in exchange for those.

And I understand your point about shadowsteps, but they don’t cleanse snares. They just relocate a Thief so they are snared somewhere else.

#ELEtism

Mobility

in Thief

Domey.9804

i know about the warrior and its traits, tahts why i said “other classes have traits for IMS”.
swiftness on crit would be awesome on thief. just a little dream that will not be heard

Mobility

in Thief

runeblade.7514

The ability to remove 1 boon with Larcenous Strike on the sword—a weapon that is being nerfed on Dec. 10—and the ability to remove 2 boons with a traited Steal is not exactly what I’d consider an overwhelming advantage, but it’s true that Warriors can’t do it. Poison, though? Really? Warriors get knockdowns, knockbacks, burning, and 2-3 second stuns. As a Thief, I would gladly give a Warrior my ability to poison in exchange for those.

And I understand your point about shadowsteps, but they don’t cleanse snares. They just relocate a Thief so they are snared somewhere else.

I was about going to write a paragraph to counter your points but then we would get off topic. Those are the small trade-off of a warrior. Thief gets stealth, evades, blinds and shadow steps to protect themselves. Warrior gets high health and high armor to protect themselves. Warrior trade off certain things for certain things. Thief trade certain things for certain things. Your thief will never have everything and be the best at everything. No amount of arguing is going to change that.

If you want to continue whining about that you want these certain things on the thief or, about how the smallest detail of warrior is better than the thief, then go play a warrior. It may turn out that warrior is better for your playstyle.

Warriors are not thieves. Thieves are not warriors.

Mobility

in Thief

Imagi.4561

I was about going to write a paragraph to counter your points but then we would get off topic. Those are the small trade-off of a warrior. Thief gets stealth, evades, blinds and shadow steps to protect themselves. Warrior gets high health and high armor to protect themselves. Warrior trade off certain things for certain things. Thief trade certain things for certain things. Your thief will never have everything and be the best at everything. No amount of arguing is going to change that.

If you want to continue whining about that you want these certain things on the thief or, about how the smallest detail of warrior is better than the thief, then go play a warrior. It may turn out that warrior is better for your playstyle.

Warriors are not thieves. Thieves are not warriors.

I wasn’t really “arguing” or “whining” any more than you were, but whatever you say.

Have a nice day!

#ELEtism

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

That’s the thing, without mobility the warrior does not have any damage at all.

It’s fine the way it is. Thief with shortbow can be the most mobile class, if you’re unsatisfied with mobility outside of shortbow, then don’t compare yourself to a warrior. They are completely reliant on GS or mainhand sword for mobility. Whereas thief has escape mechanisms on every weapon set they can use except pistol pistol.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Mobility

in Thief

Imagi.4561

That’s the thing, without mobility the warrior does not have any damage at all.

It’s fine the way it is. Thief with shortbow can be the most mobile class, if you’re unsatisfied with mobility outside of shortbow, then don’t compare yourself to a warrior. They are completely reliant on GS or mainhand sword for mobility. Whereas thief has escape mechanisms on every weapon set they can use except pistol pistol.

I’m not really sure why anyone is jumping to the conclusion that I find Thief mobility unsatisfactory. I don’t. In my opinion, Warriors are very capable in many areas—damage, armor, health, and mobility—but don’t trade off any significant benefits for those capabilities. That opinion does not involve Thief mobility or Thieves at all.

I compared Warriors to Thieves in my recent post because that was the manner that someone responded to my original opinion—a comparison. I was responding in kind.

#ELEtism

Mobility

in Thief

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

In my opinion thieves need better access to swiftness. Swiftness is 8% more speed compared to Signet of Shadows (25%) which IMO is a huge difference.

My warrior got perma incombat swiftness due to Swiftness on crit + traited Signet of Rage. This paired with traited GS feels so much more mobile than my thief. Sure Swiftness can be stripped but thats not a big deal with Furious Speed.

It feels wrong to me that thieves lack a Swiftness on crit trait.

Mobility

in Thief

Imagi.4561

In my opinion thieves need better access to swiftness. Swiftness is 8% more speed compared to Signet of Shadows (25%) which IMO is a huge difference.

My warrior got perma incombat swiftness due to Swiftness on crit + traited Signet of Rage. This paired with traited GS feels so much more mobile than my thief. Sure Swiftness can be stripped but thats not a big deal with Furious Speed.

It feels wrong to me that thieves lack a Swiftness on crit trait.

You might want to try running with an Acrobatics build. The swiftness-on-dodge trait can provide you with the swiftness, and Feline Grace combined with Signet of Agility can give you a lot of dodges.

#ELEtism

Mobility

in Thief

Domey.9804

Burning dodges for some swiftness is Not an Option. Evry crit thief needs swiftness, but Not All builds should be forced into 15 acro. A swiftness on crit trait would be very welcome.could replace acrobatics 5