More On-Revealed traits! :D

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

NOTE: This is an idea thread, not a discussion thread. Anet is most likely not going to be using any ideas posted here because that would be game changing. So feel free to idea the hell out of this post.

In lieu of thief forum’s most recent utility complaint, I have come across a set of trait ideas that I believe will be the solution to the highly unfair debuff we call Revealed. I also believe that you might like the ideas I have in store as they are solely meant to turn Revealed into a tactical decision for the enemy as well as turn it into a soft counter instead of a “hit buton 2 kil teef” option. Here we go!!!

• Lingering Shadows – Revealed retains stealth traits as though you were still in Stealth when Revealed by outside sources.
  • On your Guard – Gain 3 seconds of protection when leaving stealth. (even if revealed)
  • Volatile Shadows – Revealed from outside sources will make you automatically use Blinding Powder. 20s CD (Combine with Lingering Shadows and you apply stealth to your comrades as well as any benefits from stealth traits you have equipped. :P You also produce a Blast Finisher which is uber handy in water fields.)
  • Shadow Coffin – Leaving Shadow Refuge early will cause it to Leech enemy life with every pulse. CD is reduced 10%. (does stack)(yes I did steal this term X3)

These are just a few examples. I want to hear your ideas!

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

(edited by yolo swaggins.2570)

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

3 seconds of protection on reveal is incredibly OP, especially if there’s no ICD.

Being revealed by getting knocked out of Refuge is fine. There are fairly established play and counterplay mechanics to Shadow Refuge.

I think the better solution would be to give opponents the ability to see stealth targets instead of revealing the targets themselves.

Second Child

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

3 seconds of protection on reveal is incredibly OP, especially if there’s no ICD.

Being revealed by getting knocked out of Refuge is fine. There are fairly established play and counterplay mechanics to Shadow Refuge.

I think the better solution would be to give opponents the ability to see stealth targets instead of revealing the targets themselves.

This is what I always mention when posting on revealed threads, it would solve the problem when reveal is just an iWin button for the opponent while actually allowing them to see a thief. Even with longer durations, those skills would be fine.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

This is what I always mention when posting on revealed threads, it would solve the problem when reveal is just an iWin button for the opponent while actually allowing them to see a thief. Even with longer durations, those skills would be fine.

I doubt anet is going to change how revealed works. That is why I am offering an alternative, to turn an iWin into a tactical choice.

That way, players will have to choose between revealing the thief at the cost of buffing them or leave them alone. Besides, Lingering Shadows does mostly what you guys want.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Rastaman.9015

Rastaman.9015

Well to properly counter the revealed debuf we have to examine it’s initial purpose. I was always lead to believe it was to stop infinite backstabs over and over and the like. Revealed also gives players the chance to lock onto the thief for a short period allowing target required skills to ensure used (mesmers). Now our issue with revealed is the fact that people can now target us aka hit us. So what we really need is something to counter those hits while revealed as our usual go to stealth options are gone. The simple answer would be “more armor/protection”. Although it sounds nice at first I can already see that a trait like this paired with 50% less damage while in stealth is just too op. Unless they can’t be paired together, which calls for a whole new GM trait. But who wants to spend 30 points for a few seconds of protection? Protection on revealed won’t work we need something else. Now bear in mind that we already have revealed buffs such as +200 power and stability. But neither of these helps damage mitigation. I want us to look at the underestimated combat event called glance or better known as weakness (please correct me if I’m wrong this is all off top of my head). Works just like a blind but instead you do far less damage instead of missing the entire attack. It’s not a guaranteed thing which makes it just weak enough to add onto another trait instead of making whole new one. Add this to revealed training is my proposal. 30 in deadly arts leaves the thief with limited survival options as far as traits go making the possible builds not too op. Watch guys think?

The class master. I enjoy all of the professions.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I really like that idea; change Revealed to still allow stealthing, but instead cause you to remain visible while stealthed.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I doubt anet is going to change how revealed works. That is why I am offering an alternative, to turn an iWin into a tactical choice.

That way, players will have to choose between revealing the thief at the cost of buffing them or leave them alone. Besides, Lingering Shadows does mostly what you guys want.

Although you suggested a trait that would literaly do the same, I’d still prefer revealed skills to be changed to invisibility removal skills.

The trait would become a must have for any thief to survive, anyone without the trait would be a toast just like now. Ofc thieves can build for no stealt specs, it still doesn’t justify why 1 utility can shut down so much a thief can do offensively and defensively. My main concern with reveal skill is no condi removal, which wasn’t as apparent when only rangers had access to reveal, with engies now it’s ridiculous.

A player who’d slot reveal skill against a thief with that trait would just waste his utility slot – 6s of invisibility removal is just not enough.

In most cases a reveal is used on me, it is to prevent me from condi cleansing. Either when a ranger is roaming with another player using a condi build or engi alone.

You can see in team fights when enemy uses stealth trap, that thieves just melt, while everyone else can ignore the reveal debuff on them.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Although you suggested a trait that would literaly do the same, I’d still prefer revealed skills to be changed to invisibility removal skills.

The trait would become a must have for any thief to survive, anyone without the trait would be a toast just like now. Ofc thieves can build for no stealt specs, it still doesn’t justify why 1 utility can shut down so much a thief can do offensively and defensively. My main concern with reveal skill is no condi removal, which wasn’t as apparent when only rangers had access to reveal, with engies now it’s ridiculous.

A player who’d slot reveal skill against a thief with that trait would just waste his utility slot – 6s of invisibility removal is just not enough.

In most cases a reveal is used on me, it is to prevent me from condi cleansing. Either when a ranger is roaming with another player using a condi build or engi alone.

You can see in team fights when enemy uses stealth trap, that thieves just melt, while everyone else can ignore the reveal debuff on them.

even with shadow embrace condi heavy builds are still really hard for me- particularly necromancers, and engineers (burn+perma retaliation guards are no walk in the park either, but much less common). How do I beat these guys? Particularly necro, my first TWO CnDs proc reapers protection/nightmare runes, and by then im already at 50%.