More changes??

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Will there be more changes for the thief? Or only what was shown in the preview?

It would be really disappointing if those are all the changes, specially if you compare it to other professions.
I don t mind about the nerfs but I was expecting to get useful things also.

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Feedback is feedback but only actual patches see light but yes other changes are possible on thief. Will and where will we know about them before sunlight is uncertain.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i lost hope that they were hiding something when they came out today and announced that mesmer was getting extra changes based on player feedback.

it might still happen, but if it does, why wouldn’t they say it on the preview?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

The problem is that no one in the balance team plays a thief as main, they play it because they have to, its part of the job, and for that reason they don’t seam to know what they are doing, the info they have on the thief profession comes from fighting them not playing them.

If you constantly fight S/D and D/P thieves (meta builds) and lose to some of them you think “humm this is OP needs to be nerfed! what will we buff to compensate?! humm let’s see, I NEVER fought a venom thief so lets buff that and see if someone can make it work, since we can’t…”.

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

i lost hope that they were hiding something when they came out today and announced that mesmer was getting extra changes based on player feedback.

Dude just accept it.

Traps and venoms will be useless forever.
Thiefs will be kitten in teamfights forever.
Necros will always die in teamfights to focus.
Necros will never have a working blood traitline.
Mesmers will always be horrible buggy.
Mesmers and Thieves will always have only one working role in groups.
Ranger pets will always be dump.
Rangers will always be complelty OP or useless
etc etc etc
you get it, its 2 years now…

More changes??

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Dude just accept it.

etc etc etc

the balance team is mostly the same from GW1, and GW1 had some late blossoms and big overhauls to certain profession skills that brought crap builds to meta.

…if you weren’t a paragon, that is.

More changes??

in Thief

Mayama.1854

Dude just accept it.

etc etc etc

the balance team is mostly the same from GW1, and GW1 had some late blossoms and big overhauls to certain profession skills that brought crap builds to meta.

I wouldnt care much about the changes if we wouldnt have a 6 month dev cycle.

More changes??

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Dude just accept it.

etc etc etc

I wouldnt care much about the changes if we wouldnt have a 6 month dev cycle.

yeah, the amount of time we’ll have to wait until another shot at having new stuff worries me.

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

Came back after not playing for some time to see what changes were made, and….. well…. omg im glad i threw this game in the trash a while ago, was REALLY hoping for some cool changes. Just astounding…….. looking for a new game guys sept 14th Archage, looks dope, f2p, hopefully you see this before anet deletes it, worth a peek

LOVED gw1 (5yrs no breaks) and gw2 has been nothing but a spiral downhill since release, its to bad =/ makes me chuckle they thought esports was ever a reality.

More changes??

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Came back after not playing for some time to see what changes were made, and….. well…. omg im glad i threw this game in the trash a while ago, was REALLY hoping for some cool changes. Just astounding…….. looking for a new game guys sept 14th Archage, looks dope, f2p, hopefully you see this before anet deletes it, worth a peek

LOVED gw1 (5yrs no breaks) and gw2 has been nothing but a spiral downhill since release, its to bad =/ makes me chuckle they thought esports was ever a reality.

well there are plenty of cool balance changes… it’s just none of them are for thieves >.>

More changes??

in Thief

Splatter Paw.7238

I know, but its the only class i TRULY enjoyed, so i took a break till hopefully we got some love but its nerf bat this nerf bat that. While mesmers are now AA torment, wars are weapon swapping condis off ( the original description for warriors was a weakness to condi in the start) ect. And the game seems to favor AI heavily now, and auto trigger effects.

Dont get me wrong at the core i LOVED this game, the new spin it put to pve as opposed the standard get quest turn in quest rinse repeat. Even something as simple as the dodge mechanic. And even though im not much for pve play the rolling content they release was a amazing idea as well, at its base i love it. but over the last year or so the balance decisions have just been disappointing. Guess most of my gripe is i focus on pvp in games and one game mode for two years, and continually getting a nerf bat to the class i put time in on trying to master. I stopped cause it got to a point where i could still compete but had to work so much harder for a single kill than any of my alts that i didnt enjoy playing as much (alts mes,war,engi,guard).
-pve = love it in this game
-combat system = love it in this game
-even the weapon system = love it
Just wish we didnt get boned every…… single….. patch. Specially a while back when they said things like " we cant discuss it atm but trust us thiefs we got something cool in store" in stream, and the patch drops and we got…… nothing lol think it was the one with choking gas nerf not positive though.

(edited by Splatter Paw.7238)

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

So thief is nerfed once again, it’s like Anet is saying role to another character. Seriously why do they keep nerfing thieves? I really want an answer from Anet

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

So thief is nerfed once again, it’s like Anet is saying role to another character. Seriously why do they keep nerfing thieves? I really want an answer from Anet

We all want them to explain the changes, the reason for the changes, what is the role they want us to fill.

It’s not that they don’t want to tell us, it’s because they don’t know the answers…

Good thing is, I don’t have to put up with this for much longer. My guild is jumping to a new game that will launches on Sep. 16th.

I might come back I might come back in 6-8 month just to try out the nefs form the balance patch after this one…

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I am quiting if mesmer torment on AA goes live which supposed to adress mesmer scepter issues while every single issue thieves have wasn’t adressed at all. The only thing Anet ever did is throwing nerf after nerf at class.

“we have great things comming for thieves”…. yeaaah sssure /slowclap

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

More changes??

in Thief

Splatter Paw.7238

Not only are they getting torment, apparently scepter is so broken it’s gonna get TWO procs, totaling six seconds of torment per AA chain….. not only are or problems not being addressed this patch and others are, but our issues are ignored every patch. “Letz buff venoms again cause so many people loved it the last time we did and totally used it” to anet that went down as “thief buff” even after community feedback of how pointless it was….

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Lygon.4896

Lygon.4896

Thieves are now shoehorned into the class that has high risk/high learning curve and little rewards (if any). Only build where we get it easy is that cheesy P/D condi build and I hate having to bring out my condi set but all I ever see in wvw is condi class condi class condi class. Also why is P/D condi considered by many as super cheesy when theres condi engis/condi necros/pu mesmers?

I think a balanced way to buff thieves would be to give them more defense or defensive tools/options. People say stealth is too op, but any smart player doesn’t find stealth a problem because thieves can still be hit when theyre in stealth. and usually when we’re in stealth the enemy has no immediate threat since we’re not attacking.

Either raise defense or nerf condi’s in this game. (a condi cap limiting the amount of condis you can have on at one time for spvp/wvw) Make the condi builds have to choose their preferred damage method instead of just having it all

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

“Letz buff venoms again cause so many people loved it the last time we did and totally used it” to anet that went down as “thief buff” even after community feedback of how pointless it was….

Well you cant say that venoms dont/didnt need a buff.. They just didnt buff them right and now theyre still useless.

Too bad this patch wont bring any real nice changes either

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Except they don’t look at Thief feedback. o.O They still haven’t even commented on Last Refuge which has been broken since reveal was added.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Thieves are now shoehorned into the class that has high risk/high learning curve and little rewards (if any). Only build where we get it easy is that cheesy P/D condi build and I hate having to bring out my condi set but all I ever see in wvw is condi class condi class condi class. Also why is P/D condi considered by many as super cheesy when theres condi engis/condi necros/pu mesmers?

I think a balanced way to buff thieves would be to give them more defense or defensive tools/options. People say stealth is too op, but any smart player doesn’t find stealth a problem because thieves can still be hit when theyre in stealth. and usually when we’re in stealth the enemy has no immediate threat since we’re not attacking.

Becuase its the main playerbase, ppl that DO NOT UNDERSTAND how a thief works, that they only have to block / blind / dodge / invuln or whatever the Cloak’n’Dagger to succeed against P/D…

And its the same ppl that stop to attack when they do not see anything anymore on their screen.
Perhaps most of our beloved Devs belong to this group of ppl, cause they play this game on a casual level.

Ok – i take back the Dev comment, but somehow i really really wonder why certain buffs and nerfs find their way into the game and others are left unchanged for month if not years.

eg. USELESS Traits or Utils left alone for over a year now, really a shame – it would not take much effort to change them, i am not talking about mega super op changes, just some minor tweaks that would lead to ppl actually taking them.

Really, we run with the same Traits and Utils sind the hast-nerf last year 25-June iirc…

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Dat feeling when you played ever since early access, have 2k hour of playtime and only have one character which is a Thief.

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

Dat feeling when you played ever since early access, have 2k hour of playtime and only have one character which is a Thief.

I raise your 2k gameplay to a 3k thief gameplay.

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

What is the meaning of this statement ?
I for example have also around 2.5k hours played since launch and i would say 70% of that on thief, but this is the reason i feel that thiefs are left behind somewhat.

Cause i know how to fight against em, and it really has to be a top player to bring one into trouble in a 1v1 situation.
And bad thiefs are really freekills, more than any other profession.

More changes??

in Thief

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

What is the meaning of this statement ?
I for example have also around 2.5k hours played since launch and i would say 70% of that on thief, but this is the reason i feel that thiefs are left behind somewhat.

Cause i know how to fight against em, and it really has to be a top player to bring one into trouble in a 1v1 situation.
And bad thiefs are really freekills, more than any other profession.

It was meant to be a sad, kind of sarcastic comment expressing the frustration I sometimes experience after watching Thieves recieve unfair changes one after the other. Implying I suffer the most because, unlike the bast majority of people, who can and do jump between characters when the they are not happy with the changes, I have 2k hours, since pre-release, playing ONLY as a thief, without being able to jump the ship to another no thief-character. Basically, “sucking it up”.

Hope that helped.

(edited by MakubeC.3026)

More changes??

in Thief

Mayama.1854

Either raise defense or nerf condi’s in this game. (a condi cap limiting the amount of condis you can have on at one time for spvp/wvw) Make the condi builds have to choose their preferred damage method instead of just having it all

The problem is people are forced to go condi, I play a engi and necro too and I would LOVE to play power in WvW roaming but good luck doing it… if you are not one of the top players that plays it for the lulz their is no reason to not go condi.