My Perspective of D.E's problem

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

My thought’s and opinion on what I feel like some of the flaws are with D.E. Feel free to chip in any thoughts, or opinions.

Clunky

Mark cast time is too slow

Cannot always visually see when you are kneeling- Should change color of skill icon when Kneeling to Blue. (Saw suggestion on reddit), and keep red skill icon while standing.

*We have 3 tells for D.E Spec.—— 1.) Deaths Judgement Reveal 2.) F1 Steal Skill (Mark) 3.) Death’s Judgement Laser —- If a Warrior’s gunflame and Killshot have no laser why is a Thief any different since we get revealed

We are locked in Kneel and are unable to get out of the animation until tediously pressing 5 again

Kneel cost initiative – If we are on an ammunition system for Skill 5, why do we need to spend initiative

Malice regeneration slow

Steal Skills are under powered, especially mesmer steal skill

When shadowstepping towards a target while casting D.J occasionally will have a problem where nothing fires

Recycled utilites- Literally have 2 blinding powders, and 2 shadow steps (1 of which being a lesser version of shadow step, with no stun break and condi removal)

Mark needs line of sight- Like what?

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

With the cast times everywhere and how in and out of stationary we are I feel like we’re supposed to play the longer thought out game a few steps ahead. But then something like 4 sec to Shadow Swap and the synergy across the Cantrips and what traits do to Marks and openers make me feel rushed into one big move or to recycle everything as fast as I can. I can build to be a Steal Fidget spinner but when I wanted to actually play more long range set up for big shots I depended on core utilities and weapons skills a lot, chalk it up to inexperience I guess.

I get what Mark can do but with how reliant on target it is I rarely felt the possible rewards beyond the core Steal functions which made me really hate that cast time. Maybe after the new and old builds hit each other for awhile some stuff will normalize or I’ll get better and the cool moves Deadeye should be setting up will get some room and play out more.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Kneel #5 removes conditions. This includes Immob chill and cripple and it should cost something. The 1 ini is reasonable. At no ini a person could just spam 5 and remove those conditions at will for no cost.

in Thief

Posted by: Fel.2319

Fel.2319

Kneel #5 removes conditions. This includes Immob chill and cripple and it should cost something. The 1 ini is reasonable. At no ini a person could just spam 5 and remove those conditions at will for no cost.

except no. It’s on an ammo system so there is a cost ~ it’s a cooldown.

Fel.2319 – Maguuma – PM for duels, Idc what u play.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

except no. It’s on an ammo system so there is a cost ~ it’s a cooldown.

I do not think it applied to Free action. The kneel ammo cost kicks over to the weapon skills with kneel and not to Free action.

Obviously I can not test to confrm but am pretty sure AMMO not used by free action after all there no projectile speed and no range . Why would standing up use ammo?

Even if it did use ammo 2 uses with a 10 second recharge is a whole lot of condition removal.

I won’t really know until the 22nd of sept I guess.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

The ammunition system wasn’t implemented to counteract the ability to spam the skills. So having to kneel which is a special ability for Deadeye to grant us better damage giving skills doesn’t make sense, at most reduce initiative cost to 1. Because when we kneel we barely have enough initiative to attack and if needed skill 4 to get out of harms way, and then go back into a kneel which will cost even more initiative. What if people don’t take the trickery trait line? 1 kneel basically take up half their initiative.

Tl;dr We either need to reduce initiative count to 1, or increase initiative regeneration

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

The ammunition system wasn’t implemented to counteract the ability to spam the skills. So having to kneel which is a special ability for Deadeye to grant us better damage giving skills doesn’t make sense, at most reduce initiative cost to 1. Because when we kneel we barely have enough initiative to attack and if needed skill 4 to get out of harms way, and then go back into a kneel which will cost even more initiative. What if people don’t take the trickery trait line? 1 kneel basically take up half their initiative.

Tl;dr We either need to reduce initiative count to 1, or increase initiative regeneration

I’m pretty sure kneel already have an initiative cost of one. If not then you treated it to give you stealth, that’s a choice you made. I played deadeye without stealth and I had plenty of initiative to burst in kneeled mode.

I think we just need to get used to the kneel thing, it’s a trade I’m ready to have. But I join your opinion on most of your other points. Especially the “no fire after teleport thing” this is really annoying….

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

(edited by Wargameur.6950)

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I’m pretty sure kneel already have an initiative cost of one. If not then you treated it to give you stealth, that’s a choice you made. I played deadeye without stealth and I had plenty of initiative to burst in kneeled mode.

I think we just need to get used to the kneel thing, it’s a trade I’m ready to have. But I join your opinion on most of your other points. Especially the “no fire after teleport thing” this is really annoying….

I haven’t the slightest idea where I got the high initiative cost from. I was so convinced too. I must’ve been fast cast subconsciously pressing kneel while hitting something else without thinking. And I always assumed It drained more intiative. I guess I am my own culprit. Wow. I feel dumb. Yeeshhh haha.

But yes the other points still apply (:

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I haven’t the slightest idea where I got the high initiative cost from. I was so convinced too. I must’ve been fast cast subconsciously pressing kneel while hitting something else without thinking. And I always assumed It drained more intiative. I guess I am my own culprit. Wow. I feel dumb. Yeeshhh haha.

I guess you were playing with shadow art. You went with silent scope ( which make kneel cost 4 initiative ). You would do something like mark & kneel then death’s jugment ( 6 init ). That would explain the high init cost.

I understand why people would go for the stealth sniper route, but the cost for kneel + #4 with that set up is more than black powder + HS without the utility….

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I guess you were playing with shadow art. You went with silent scope ( which make kneel cost 4 initiative ). You would do something like mark & kneel then death’s jugment ( 6 init ). That would explain the high init cost.

I understand why people would go for the stealth sniper route, but the cost for kneel + #4 with that set up is more than black powder + HS without the utility….

Yes that explains It! Oh wow! Jesus. Shadow arts DE is such a pain. Although I found a way to permanently stealth rotate with initiative to spare. But I digress.

The problems that DE currently have I certainly hope ANET takes them into account

Maguuma
Defend Your Back