My Thief WvW video.

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Posted by: Samuel.2381

Samuel.2381

Hello guys! My name is Samuel!

I’ve recently been trying to record some WvW single roaming videos, and would like some tips on how I can improve my videos.
I’ve so far only made one but I plan to make a lot more Guild Wars 2 videos in the nearest future.

I’d love if you could check out my video and tell me what you guys think!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iryYQQ6zPw

Thanks a bunch in advance!

- Naytex

(edited by Samuel.2381)

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Samuel.2381

bumped the quallity to 1080p

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Posted by: Talbin.8305

Talbin.8305

Troll spider made me smile. Hate it when that happens haha

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Samuel.2381

I know right? Was expecting a nice hit on that ranger, but NOPE.

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Posted by: Yuujin.1067

Yuujin.1067

You are so glass it isn’t even funny. I didn’t even know HP pools came that low.

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

You are so glass it isn’t even funny. I didn’t even know HP pools came that low.

Ages ago on my thief I was full GC and I had 9k health but I was dropping like 13k backstabs on full toughness warriors. It all depends how you build your Character. + the fact that he is playing a thief… they usually have about 10-13k health.

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Don’t do that, you can’t make a 1080 video out of 720 material and expect it to look better. Stay in the original format if possible, so if you want 1080, record in 1080, edit in 1080, upload in 1080.
What you appear to have now is a 1080 game, recorded and edited in 720, upscaled to 1080 and then, depending on the viewer, downscaled to 720.

To the video, I don’t like the speedup, makes it harder to follow what’s going on and thus achieves the opposite effect of what, I assume, you are trying to achieve.

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Samuel.2381

Don’t do that, you can’t make a 1080 video out of 720 material and expect it to look better. Stay in the original format if possible, so if you want 1080, record in 1080, edit in 1080, upload in 1080.
What you appear to have now is a 1080 game, recorded and edited in 720, upscaled to 1080 and then, depending on the viewer, downscaled to 720.

To the video, I don’t like the speedup, makes it harder to follow what’s going on and thus achieves the opposite effect of what, I assume, you are trying to achieve.

I’ll keep that in mind.

Yeah, the speedup was something I did because I thought some of the people are not interested in watching a 10 minute video – But I’ll speedup when I run and keep it on a normal speed when I engage combat.

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I think it’s better to just cut out the boring pieces of running, you can use a long dissolve, or fade to and from black, to tell the viewer there’s a ‘jump’ in time and/or place, if necessary.

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Posted by: Albunk.9217

Albunk.9217

Definitely gave me some ideas to help out in WvW, been wanting to switch up to d/p for a while.

What type of gear to you typically run? Zerker ect…

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

You surely know how to play a thief but that GC build is just a limit to what a good thief can do. Try the one in my video (signature), get used to it, and you’ll be able to do wonders.

(EDIT: and swap shadowrefuge with shadowstep)

Frenk – EU
All is vain

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Samuel.2381

You surely know how to play a thief but that GC build is just a limit to what a good thief can do. Try the one in my video (signature), get used to it, and you’ll be able to do wonders.

Loving it, just one question. What kind of gear do you use to get that HP pool? I’m assuming Valkyrie, or 30 in Acrobatics?

EDIT: I do have multiple sets of gear, but zerk is just the one I am really feeling when I do single roaming. But of course, I’m always up to something new.

(edited by Samuel.2381)

My Thief WvW video.

in Thief

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Loving it, just one question. What kind of gear do you use to get that HP pool? I’m assuming Valkyrie, or 30 in Acrobatics?

EDIT: I do have multiple sets of gear, but zerk is just the one I am really feeling when I do single roaming. But of course, I’m always up to something new.

In the video I’m using full berserker a part from leggings (invader) and the two accessories (knight with ruby jewel).
Right now I’m using a FULL berserker build, and I get that hp pool thanks to the build (0-10-30-30-0), yes.

Frenk – EU
All is vain