My Trip Wire is hardly Working: PvP

in Thief

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

I don’t understand why my Trip wire doesn’t work against a d/p thief? Are they invulnerable? is it bugged? Granted I haven’t played pvp since last year around june patch. Its weird because Trip Wire, while not working so well with some other classes, was pretty dependable against other thieves. I know its not being dodged through, and I know its not the auto evade from acro. What usually happens is I will land a successful trap and it wont knock them down. Sometimes for the opener sometimes in the middle of the fight. Did Trip wire or traps get nerfed? IS there a passive i’m not aware of? Any help would be appreciated.

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Since people now plays DD maybe it’s that skill:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bandit's_Defense

I can’t see any other thing other than that.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

HtC in acro will stun break instantly, but I don’t know how many people run acro these days. They may also be blocking. Traps do seem a bit buggy at times too.

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

HtC in acro will stun break instantly, but I don’t know how many people run acro these days. They may also be blocking. Traps do seem a bit buggy at times too.

I know but since you knew about this trait I didn’t mentioned it. Bandit defense i a 15 sec cooldown stun break so if anyone has DD I don’t think he will trade it for hard to catch. Especially if they use dash.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I run acro with bound so I don’t get killed by the first immob I take, but there’s not much reason to use it over DA if you’re running dash tbh. It could be bandit’s defence but you’d see them knocked down for at least half a second, nobody’s reactions are good enough to make it look instant.

Sometimes when I play traps I jump the gun and accidentally cancel the cast of my first trap, you sure you’re not doing that? Also bear in mind the trap will miss if you’re blinded, so if they hit you with 3 or 5 as they engage then that might be why it’s not working.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I would guess that it’s a blind that makes it fail. If they engage you with D/P 3 while you’re standing on the trap, you’ll be blinded by the attack and that will cause the trap to immediately miss, so fast that you might not even notice you got blinded.

What it definitely isn’t is blocking. Traps are unblockable, so if a thief enters your Trip Wire while using Bandit’s Defense, they’re going to fall down. That makes Trip Wire useful against things like Shelter and Shield Stance as well…