My first PvP video of Backstab build thief in action.

in Thief

Posted by: clysm.7536

clysm.7536

in Thief

clysm.7536

bumping to get the vid out there

in Thief

Posted by: Snuff.4172

Snuff.4172

Learn to play a thief then come post video You are pretty bad.

Snuffeh – 80 Thief
http://youtu.be/YdBrhUNcbkM

in Thief

clysm.7536

just having fun making a vid, not looking to show off “how good I am” i never said i was the best or a beast. Lets see what your videos offer

in Thief

clysm.7536

and considering I can see all the comments you post in forums. You have a lot to say for just pistol whipping spam. Internet talk all day eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Nande.6810

Nande.6810

Was okey. If you want to improve you could try and time things to your music, some cute special effects, zoomins etc. Because right now it just feet a few clips thrown toggether you know?

Kerp making them if you enjoy it.

The Bleed thief (d/d & p/p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHdpbyNpVU
oGt

in Thief

Posted by: Jjiinx.8795

Jjiinx.8795

Learn to play a thief then come post video You are pretty bad.

Wow… maybe you should take a break from the forums for a bit…

Also pretty nice video, I look forward to seeing more from you ^^

in Thief

Posted by: Konvoy.6245

Konvoy.6245

Hey i watched it and i enjoyed it. A few things you might want to consider is music choice and as Nande said try to time some things with your music. Otherwise don’t worry people are always going to say you’re crap on this forum and honestly one of the best ways to get better is to watch your own gameplay and improve on that. But I’d keep making videos if you enjoy it.

in Thief

clysm.7536

thanks again for the comments guys, yea im looking for software to zoom in on clips, I’ve seen it done but I cant seem to find anything. Thanks a ton for the feedback

in Thief

Posted by: Legendary Balls.3198

Legendary Balls.3198

Just so you have something to compare your video too.

This was my first ever montage video, as you can see your first video is always gonna have problems
(the terrible resolution i unwittingly uploaded mine at for example).

You just gotta learn from them and try to do it better next time.

in Thief

clysm.7536

yea i see what you mean. thanks again

in Thief

Posted by: Nande.6810

Nande.6810

You could use sony vegas, that’s what I was using to make my video that you can find down below. My fisrt ever PvP movie aswell, you can look at that and see what I did wrong in your oppinion then apply what you have learned to your video

The Bleed thief (d/d & p/p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHdpbyNpVU
oGt

in Thief

Posted by: MalorolaM.2417

MalorolaM.2417

Pretty good, better then a lot of thief/rogue/assassin/spy/insert-stealth-class-here pvp videos out there.

Keep in mind everything I say is in first person, this is my opinion on the matter, not absolute truth. I do feel that I have legitimate reasons for all my opinions though.

Some suggestions on the videos:
-I personally don’t like having the viewscreen shake around, I find it distracting, I’m here to watch sick kills and my focus point moving around makes that difficult. Similar with other effects, though the only one you used was B/W, which confused the old wow player in me, since my brain thought you were dead. Not a big issue though, since this isn’t wow. Transitions are different, though I would stick to more basic ones (directional slides, covers, and turns; avoid things like shaped wipes and similar), I generally view overuse of visually distracting elements to be a big sign of insecurity of ability.
-I find not showing the killing blow to be almost equivalent to going to put a tasty sandwich in my mouth and taking it away at the last second (sorry, I wanted to use a different metaphor); mostly because I’m very fond of the finish animation. You can do some neat tension things with this if you edit the video the right way.
-I like to see what gear and builds are, due to possible permutations of GW2 builds putting them at the end is a bit better then at the beginning.
-Music was good, things along the same line as Pendulum work well, very explicit tracks are usually a bad choice, again makes it look like you are trying to distract the viewer from the play itself.

Some suggestions on your play:
-Don’t forget about your other weapon set, dunno if you use it, I just didn’t see you swap to or from it. Just a thing to keep in mind, P/P can do a surprising amount of damage with a crit build and the extra mobility from shortbow helps you get better positions on the maps.
-Facestabs make for a sad panda, if you are having a bit of trouble lining the combo up, practice at the golems and slow it down a bit. Remember you have about 3s to pull off the backstab and a lot of lower-skilled opponents will run or dodge at the steal puff, which makes it really easy to line it up, since they will always be facing away from your position. Relying on this is a bad idea though, since better opponents won’t move so linearly.

Hope this helps you out.

in Thief

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Dual Dagger Thieves = crack me UP!

Dagger/Dagger = Tasty to us ‘other’ Thieves!

in Thief

Posted by: Bargaw.4832

Bargaw.4832

lol, using 2skills = bursting people np, while they cant really retaliate

in Thief

clysm.7536

hey man thats the point of the spec, just blow and go, its a lot of fun compared to just sitting there and timing your pistol whips. Thanks all for watching tho

in Thief

clysm.7536

Pretty good, better then a lot of thief/rogue/assassin/spy/insert-stealth-class-here pvp videos out there.

Keep in mind everything I say is in first person, this is my opinion on the matter, not absolute truth. I do feel that I have legitimate reasons for all my opinions though.

Some suggestions on the videos:
-I personally don’t like having the viewscreen shake around, I find it distracting, I’m here to watch sick kills and my focus point moving around makes that difficult. Similar with other effects, though the only one you used was B/W, which confused the old wow player in me, since my brain thought you were dead. Not a big issue though, since this isn’t wow. Transitions are different, though I would stick to more basic ones (directional slides, covers, and turns; avoid things like shaped wipes and similar), I generally view overuse of visually distracting elements to be a big sign of insecurity of ability.
-I find not showing the killing blow to be almost equivalent to going to put a tasty sandwich in my mouth and taking it away at the last second (sorry, I wanted to use a different metaphor); mostly because I’m very fond of the finish animation. You can do some neat tension things with this if you edit the video the right way.
-I like to see what gear and builds are, due to possible permutations of GW2 builds putting them at the end is a bit better then at the beginning.
-Music was good, things along the same line as Pendulum work well, very explicit tracks are usually a bad choice, again makes it look like you are trying to distract the viewer from the play itself.

Some suggestions on your play:
-Don’t forget about your other weapon set, dunno if you use it, I just didn’t see you swap to or from it. Just a thing to keep in mind, P/P can do a surprising amount of damage with a crit build and the extra mobility from shortbow helps you get better positions on the maps.
-Facestabs make for a sad panda, if you are having a bit of trouble lining the combo up, practice at the golems and slow it down a bit. Remember you have about 3s to pull off the backstab and a lot of lower-skilled opponents will run or dodge at the steal puff, which makes it really easy to line it up, since they will always be facing away from your position. Relying on this is a bad idea though, since better opponents won’t move so linearly.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks a lot for the write up dude, ill follow through. You hit a lot of the things on the nose if you were to watch it a few times through and i know what you mean about finishing and swapping and linking builds. Thanks a lot for your time and support throughout the vid. Im excited to present another one. Thanks a ton again

in Thief

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Yeah, the shaky video is very distracting and makes it kind of annoying to watch. Jinzo’s build is solid despite haters hating. Malorola had some solid suggestions. I ended up not really liking Jinzo’s Backstabber simply because of the ‘shoot your whole wad’ style of play it requires.

Check this dude out. Mobile, deadly, durable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtoXIRClQQQ

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in Thief

Posted by: Kuroin.1703

Kuroin.1703

That looks very much like the same build I run Judas, sadly I gotta say it’s quite hard to kill people off before they get away.

in Thief

clysm.7536

it is tough, i changed over to divinty runes and its a lot more constant damage and 68 crit damage instead of 58 at all times of fighting. i’d recommend trying it