My sPvP build as of 12/23/2013

in Thief

Posted by: Arkitech.9158

Arkitech.9158

mostly for personal reference. If you have questions or want to know anything about the build or have comments about the build aside from “it’s trash” feel free to post.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-c33F;1Rw-1-N5FOFd0;9;49TT;02;015B53A;4Jwl6;2KJG4KJG44RU

in Thief

Arkitech.9158

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Why a high stealth build in pvp? Besides hot join, how helpful would you be to your team for maintaining stealth (to get maximum out of shadow rejuvenation/shadow refuge)?

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

maybe to not get hited by warriors that are everywhere ?

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I have nothing against people posting their builds, but this is pretty much the standard x/30/30/x/x build, why would you bother posting it? I can’t imagine you’d be very useful in PvP either. Stealth is useless for capping points and time spent in stealth rejuvenating your health is time you’re not doing anything for your team.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Arkitech.9158

It’s strong and it’s my playstyle. I play very aggressively so I can harass far point effectively keeping it de-capped until I kill my opponent. You are correct in assuming its good for solo queue, it’s what I mainly use it for. Also in a team fight, Thief shouldn’t be fighting on the point anyways unless they are stealthed. Thieves major strength in sPvP is mobility, able to back cap or get to a point before others and quickly return to the team fight when needed. It also has a good balance of defense and offence allowing me to be more aggressive than most thieves. Being more proactive in fights and actually being able to res in refuge and what not.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

You’re right, Thieves greatest advantage is mobility, so why do you have none? Your lack of Shortbow drastically reducses your mobility to the point that you’re slower than anyone with swiftness (with the exception of Heartseeker spam down to quarry on LotF, etc).

Furthermore, your stealth traits are wasted in any fight you assist in and your toughness + amulet choice lowers your damage considerably.

This is just my constructive criticism, btw. I just feel like your build is suboptimal and inferior to even the old 25/30/0/0/15.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Arkitech.9158

its a personal preference. not for everyone but it works, and puts out good pressure. yeah I switch in shortbow sometimes, just depends. Heartseeker moves just as fast as shortbow ini for mobility wise, except for shortbow shortcuts of course.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Maybe I should add that, just like incurafy, I’m just asking constructive questions. I personally also find it suboptimal because of the high stealth upkeep. But in the end, whatever rocks your boat I suppose.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

I posted this in the other thread, but, I play with a standard 0/30/30/10/0 build in sPvP / solo Q. What I use it for is I get them slightly away from the point, and I can keep 2-3 people busy swatting at gnats because they’re so focused on trying to kill me, while hopefully my teammates are capping other points. Eventually I die, but I can keep them busy for a good 2-3 minutes. Am I playing it wrong? I feel as a stealth thief this is helpful for the rest of my team. Sure I’m not capping points, but I’m distracting at least 30% of the team from them capping points.

in Thief

Arkitech.9158

I can pretty regularly keep far point decapped even with 2 people trying to take it back. If 3 show up I can easily play some mind games and get out to help the team fight or home point while 3 people sit around worrying about their home. Idk maybe its sub optimal for what people think thieves should be doing, but it does the job well. Lots of people underestimate how much damage you can keep while having sustain, and it not hard to kill someone then full cap, stealth or not you aren’t gunna cap a point when you are fighting someone on it, at least not as a thief.

in Thief

Posted by: OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

I think 10/30/30/0/0 is good for people learning thief play. Not sure why you go with d/d+s/d but you stated that the thread is for your personal reference and any critique is justified by “playstyle”. So thanks for the thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

The build works, but personally I don’t find it competive enough.

1v1 often leads to extended fights (translated into a waste of time), with a lot of stealth you wont be able to hold nor capture points, but survival is great and you can contribute and last longer in team fights and might overall be nice and fun to play this build.

Imo in a competive sense, 25/30/0/0/15 D/D + SB, outperforms it with higher mobility and quicker kills and not to forget the high SB dmg which actually is able to outdps the sustain of some classes and builds. This build however requires high situational awareness, great positioning and good reflexes.

D/P + SB 10/30/0/0/30, if you want to contribute and stay more in team fights, also really good and quick in 1v1’s and great mobility.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)