Necro Condi build - how to beat?

in Thief

Posted by: Gizmo.8921

Gizmo.8921

Hey guys, I play a condi/bleed thief with pistol/dagger, I can over come pretty much any opponent, with mesmers and burst thieves being on par with me and can go either way.

So I was duelling this necro guy today who was a condi build and used off hand (dagger?) that removed his conditions and applied on me, I managed to down him once, but he usually dominated me… I am slightly at lost on how to go about that build…. any suggestions on how to counter it as a condi/bleed thief or is that just my counter to my build and its suppose to be like that?

just to make it clear, I don’t want to respec and am looking for a ways how to beat that necro build with my own….

Sea of Sorrows
OCX

in Thief

Posted by: obtuse.8291

obtuse.8291

that’s pretty much insta death as he puts condition damage on you and then reflects your own back on you too. i’d say the only counter would be sustained damage with a sword mainhand, letting you infil step to avoid his condition damage…

I am the super thief

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Sounds like he brought a hardcounter to condition damage. If you absolutely must defeat him with condition damage then you’ll have to bring enough condition removal to combat both his conditions and your own that he throws back at you. This isn’t really realistic while expecting to remain competitive with him in other aspects.

Might help if you posted your setup though, instead of just giving a general idea.

in Thief

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Where are your traits? With 10 Points in Shadow Arts you get a good condition removal on stealth. It’s hard to say how to beat it with no idea what build you are using. Hide in Shadows also removes bleed, poison, burning. Shadow return removes 3 conditions.

in Thief

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

Shadow step and return removes three conditions, and the signet of agility removes one (as well as refilling your endurance).

But you may be best off using cloak and dagger as much as possible because it’s physical damage and he can’t reflect that.

That’s why I don’t want to spec for condition damage – there are enemies who are immune to it and you don’t want to be unprepared when they appear.

User will be infracted for this post.

in Thief

Gizmo.8921

Hey guys this is my build: edit: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAqYVlUmCN3ay5E95EBnikCVtH00mxsTxVlPA;ToAgyCuogxAjAGLMOYkwMCYeA

well what I can think of is to use Slow Pulse to gain regen when bleeds are on me Shadow Embrace for condition removal…., as I said I managed to take him down once, but had to keep on the pressure all the time and time my attacks, stunns , elite…

Sea of Sorrows
OCX

(edited by Gizmo.8921)

in Thief

Gizmo.8921

The more I think about it with Shadow Embrace and Slow Pulse I can keep my build and should be able to kill the guy, infact with Shadow Embrace only I should be able to…..I don’t know

Sea of Sorrows
OCX

in Thief

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Shadows embrace is one of those little pearls that, once had access to, you find hard to give up.

in Thief

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

in Thief

Posted by: Tolfast.6289

Tolfast.6289

As others have said, shadows embrace is key here