Need help with my Pvebuild

in Thief

Posted by: Shazor.4827

Shazor.4827

Okay, first here is my current build that im usinghttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZEQRAsa4Yl8MpypFOxxJsPNRLRtdHkBvgXnh2XQAEiA-TRSBwAFV+FRJ419Hup+zkDUAK9PIM/t4JAA4kKQGg8lA-e .Im using S/P for the mobs and D/D for the bosses so nothing special. The damage output is pretty insane but i die as fast as a lvl 10 character in arah after using my 2 dodges sooo how could i improve my current build/eq to sustain a good damage but not being that fragile. Hope you guys can help me a little bit.

in Thief

Posted by: Archenteron.7541

Archenteron.7541

The best help i can give u is to delete your thief and reroll lol

Seafarer’ s Rest – From Dusk Till No Dawn [DUSK]
Wrexya – Elementalist 80
….And Another 13 LV 80 Characters…..

in Thief

Shazor.4827

Thats not helpful at all dude.

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

You can trait 25/30/0/15/0 for a few extra dodges and still do lots of DPS. You also get the extra health from acrobatics. Other than that you have pistol whip, black powder, and in a pinch even death blossom. Learn to use active defense instead of using passive defense

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Shazor.4827

Smoke/Blindness is useful yes but bosses with lots of aoes are still hard or large groups of mobs and as soon as you get a condition on you youre dead. This sucks. I always thought eles are squishy but thieves are onehits.

in Thief

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

If you need more dodges, go with carpboy’s build and remember that Signet of Agility gives you all your endurance back. Its a big DPS loss, but better then being dead.

Also take Practice Tolerance instead of Combo Critical Chance and Executioner instead of Hidden Killer

IMO Thief is easier to survive then Ele and is alot of fun
Once you get better @ Thief, you can switch back to 6 6 0 0 2, but I still switch to 5 6 0 3 0 for Lupi and Fractals :p

In boss fights where you need even more dodges, take Withdraw as a heal(with 3 points in Acro, you can have Vigor on Heal -MOAR DODGES-)
Need more?? Roll for Initiative

Oww, and dagger autoattack returns Endurance too
Dont forget Pistol Whip evade, smart use of this on long tells=win!

STILL WANT MORE? Bring some weapons with Energy sigils(this shoud rly not be needed but hey, dodging is fun, raight?

“The best help i can give u is to delete your thief and reroll lol”
People like this have no clue of how strong thief is

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Thief

Shazor.4827

Okay i can roll a lot now but well its pretty hard to know when i have to dodge because i can barely see the boss when the eles spam them with special effects but i guess i get used to this. playing an ele is a lot easier to play because of instant regeneration and the big heals but the damge output of the thief is sick compared to an ele.

in Thief

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Guess we arent talking about the same Ele build then
And the Tells from bosses is something you have to get used to

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Thief

Posted by: jazzbrownie.6049

jazzbrownie.6049

i can barely see the boss when the eles spam them with special effects

This has always been an annoyance of mine. Have you adjusted your graphics settings to compensate for it, yet?

Set Postprocessing to “None” and make sure the box is ticked for “Effect LOD” (limits particle effect detail).

This didn’t make the problem completely disappear for me, but it certainly helped.