Need help with my thief

Need help with my thief

in Thief

Posted by: UndeadCreepshow.5316

UndeadCreepshow.5316

I am just curious what are some good weapon combos for solo survivability? I am currently using Dagger/Dagger as main and Pistol/Pistol as secondary but i seem to die quite a bit. I am just basically looking for good weapon combos for solo’ing, as most of my guild is level 80 and always doing Dungeons and stuff i am left to solo lol. Any help is appreciated, thanks

Need help with my thief

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

x/P will give you a blind field that basically makes you immune to melee damage in PvE. You can also kite stuff around with shortbow or P/D. Try running Signet of Malice and being aggressive to gain solid consistent healing. Above all, remain mobile and you’ll avoid the vast majority of damage in open world PvE without much effort.

Need help with my thief

in Thief

Posted by: SheckyS.6241

SheckyS.6241

I don’t know from experience, but I hear that using a pistol in the off-hand is THE best way to survive as a thief – especially in the early levels. The one time I tried this, it was indeed, much easier, but it was BORING.

Personally, I played D/D + SB coming up and it was just brutal – I died a LOT. I stuck with it, because I really enjoyed how cool D/D looks and it was more fun to play, even with the deaths.

Once I got to the level where I could pick a trait bonus and I got the one where every time you dodge it throws up caltrops, things got a lot easier. Between the evasion of Deathblossom and dodging + caltrops, I can basically dance around the battlefield and hardly ever get hit. One-on-one, no mob can touch me, and even against small groups I do okay, because both DB and caltrops do AoE and bleed damage.

Anyway, I’m sure there are other ways to do it, but that’s what works for me, and it’s a total blast.