Need help with targetting and gaming mouse

in Thief

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Hello thiefs. I don’t main the class but do play it regularly from my ele main. ok so recently I have decided to play without auto targetting to make escape easier in pvp wvw espically for stealth. But i for the love it cannot find the right buttons to make up for figthing all this time with auto targetting. figthing without did drastically lower my response time and it’s getting a bit annoying. so to solve that problem i’m thinking of buying an gaming mouse. and change keybinds if needed.

So what I need help with is is. with the following

1 Ideal game mouse

2 targeting keybinds while taking in account the gaming mouse

any help, hints or tips would be appreciated.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I use the Action Camera with Auto Target and bound the right mouse click to dodge. This solved 90% of the issues with this game for me.

I bind keys to Mouse Wheel Up (typically F1), Mouse Wheel Down (Swap Weapons), Shift Left Click (typically F2), Shift Right Click (typically F3). I also bound Lock AutoTarget to my Caps Lock which is actually a Drop Target.

As for mice I use the Steel Series Rival 500. I find gaming mice with too many thumb buttons difficult to grip.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-500

Before that I used the Logitech g502 and it is a very nice mouse as well.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in Thief

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

looks interesting, is there also a steel series mice of equal quality with wireless option?

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

My 4th Razer Naga Hex just ‘broke down’ – but I will definitively stick to a gaming mouse with thumb buttons. The hex is really nice but has a tendency to double click after a while which is a pain, especially when it comes to thief.
I’m using shift to double bind already used keys.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

looks interesting, is there also a steel series mice of equal quality with wireless option?

Not that I know of. In theory, wireless mice do not perform as well as corded ones but for most gamers that is bunk. They can be prone to interference at gamer cons so many gaming mice don’t come in wireless versions.

For a wireless MOBA style mouse the G602 is a fine option. I didn’t like the feel as much but that is certainly preference.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”