Need some help for WvW roaming

in Thief

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

So, I just started playing a thief, and I am trying to learn how to play it. It seems like a lot of thieves somehow move about the map in perma-stealth. How is this possible? Other thieves always come out of stealth even when I am out in the middle of nowhere with no place they could have been hiding in, and get the drop on me.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Well first of all let me encourage you to keep playing thief! It really is a fun class to play once you get the hang of it. It can be difficult at first but with practice, you’ll be owning in no time. Feel free to hit me up in game (ign: Mighty Micah) anytime for tips and stuff!

Second, perma stealth is actually pretty much impossible, though you can be stealthed for long periods of time if traited right, and chaining certain utility skills together. The only way “perma stealth” can be possible is when someone equips dagger offhand and repeatedly stealths on an object right as they become unstealthed. This is very difficult to get the hang of and you obviously can’t roam around if you’re stealthing on an object.

When you get jumped out of nowhere, it’s likely because thieves are very quick and can cover over 3,000 range almost instantly, provided they’re using certain traits or utilities. So if a thief jumps into stealth using a skill called Shdow refuge (which can stealth for up to 15 seconds) they could easily close in on you even in that relatively short time frame.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Thief

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Do you know of a good video that explains how to play as a roaming thief? All I can find is videos that are 20 minutes of people stomping other players while playing crappy music. They don’t explain anything.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Do you know of a good video that explains how to play as a roaming thief? All I can find is videos that are 20 minutes of people stomping other players while playing crappy music. They don’t explain anything.

Hahaha! So true man. Well I would recommend watching the different PvP thief guides on Denied’s channel, and then just apply that to WvW. Watching Shinryuku’s guide to roaming should help as well.

I’d start with a Pvp build and practice there (since it’s free) and then once you’re satisfied with a fun build that suits your play style, aquire the gear for WvW. Then, at the extreme, once you’re having fun in WvW you can grind for dat ascended gear haha.

Here’s Denied’s channel: https://m.youtube.com/user/DeniedGamingz

And here’s Shinryuku’s roaming guide: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlS1IO2BqyU&list=PLLfnAdVH-HRQAJLEx1yCKwnxFtsnMnreb

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

(edited by MightyMicah.7451)