Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Anyone else enjoying the buff to traps.

you can now use traps in combo skills “MIND BLOWN !”

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

I’m just ecstatic that I won’t ever have to deal with the ghost thief bullkitten ever again.

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I’m just ecstatic that I won’t ever have to deal with the ghost thief bullkitten ever again.

+1 to this.

Saw one running last night after patch…he obv didn’t read the patch notes as he was revealed himself quite often.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

the activation delay was put in specifically so you cannot combo traps…..

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

Actually I am pretty sure the activation delay was put there so that a thief STILL could stealth in and lay a trap or two and then GET AWAY before the traps hit YOU and reveal THEM.

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

Actually I am pretty sure the activation delay was put there so that a thief STILL could stealth in and lay a trap or two and then GET AWAY before the traps hit YOU and reveal THEM.

wow really? yea, I dont think so bro…. the activation delay was put in so you cannot steal to trap and catch players running away. Something that actually took some skill to do.

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

wow really? yea, I dont think so bro…. the activation delay was put in so you cannot steal to trap and catch players running away. Something that actually took some skill to do.

I agree. Prior to this change one could preload needle on steal and on steal hit with all of the steal procs PLUS the needle trap with its 3 poison and 3 bleeds and immob. With an arming time this can no longer be done.

I never used tripwire but in theory you could get a knockdown off the steal by preloading that trap.

The arm time will also address people who might have traited MUG with a venom whereby the damage proc from mug and from the added proc on the trap would add two strikes of any loaded venom.

As well as that with a proc of damage coming from the traps, without this arm time a power build with steal could preload needle so that damage proc occurs, add the damage from mug , add the damage from PI and interrupt , add the damage from any sigil of draining, immob the enemy and apply poison and bleed in a single steal if properly timed.

I think it all about ensuring steal did not get yet more dangerous.

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

I agree. Prior to this change one could preload needle on steal and on steal hit with all of the steal procs PLUS the needle trap with its 3 poison and 3 bleeds and immob. With an arming time this can no longer be done.

I never used tripwire but in theory you could get a knockdown off the steal by preloading that trap.

The arm time will also address people who might have traited MUG with a venom whereby the damage proc from mug and from the added proc on the trap would add two strikes of any loaded venom.

As well as that with a proc of damage coming from the traps, without this arm time a power build with steal could preload needle so that damage proc occurs, add the damage from mug , add the damage from PI and interrupt , add the damage from any sigil of draining, immob the enemy and apply poison and bleed in a single steal if properly timed.

No one using ghost thief did what you are describing, and no one not using ghost thief runs traps for…. basically anything at all. You’re describing a purely hypothetical scenario that never actually happens because there are other utilities that are way better on a condi non-ghost thief than any combination of traps. Traps are a wasted slot on non-ghost bars, and what you are describing would un-stealth ghost thieves thieves so it wouldn’t have been used on THAT build either. As I said, it is entirely possible now, with traps in their current state, to quick-lay two traps while still stealthed and then get away from the spot you placed them before they reveal you.

Instead it allows for slight playability with the base stealth mechanics of thief rather than a further nerf to thief stealth mechanics ALONGSIDE a nerf to a broken build. That said, it is still not going to do any good. In reality it is a double nerf to traps when only the strike of damage was necessary to solve the only actual problem with traps in pvp.

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

Taobella.6597

i think you guys misunderstanding what i meant by combo skills Stuff like Auto attack chains and Impact chains now be used with traps.

Here a clip with just 3 examples of what you could do.

^ not saying these more effective combo it just really cool that we can know combo needle trap like this.

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

babazhook.6805

No one using ghost thief did what you are describing, and no one not using ghost thief runs traps for…. basically anything at all. You’re describing a purely hypothetical scenario that never actually happens because there are other utilities that are way better on a condi non-ghost thief than any combination of traps. Traps are a wasted slot on non-ghost bars, and what you are describing would un-stealth ghost thieves thieves so it wouldn’t have been used on THAT build either. As I said, it is entirely possible now, with traps in their current state, to quick-lay two traps while still stealthed and then get away from the spot you placed them before they reveal you.

Instead it allows for slight playability with the base stealth mechanics of thief rather than a further nerf to thief stealth mechanics ALONGSIDE a nerf to a broken build. That said, it is still not going to do any good. In reality it is a double nerf to traps when only the strike of damage was necessary to solve the only actual problem with traps in pvp.

You could not be more wrong. First and foremost one was NOT revealed if they preloaded a trap and did a steal. I did this all the time on my P/D build and ghost thief certainly did it.

On a condition build where you got 5 Confusion , 2 poison and weakness on a steal using this tactic added 3 poison , three bleed , 5 Vuln and an immobile while gaining you 5 might.

The claim Traps useless to a condition build outside Ghost thief prior to thse changes in entirely wrong.If one leaves aside Venomshare which premised on people being close to the caster and roaming in a group, Needle trap was one of the single most potent utilities one could add to a condition build.

On my P/d condition thief I would preload the trap and steal to the target. This would apply 5 poison , 3 bleed, 5 confusion 5 vulnerability , weakness, a close to 6 second immob while granting my thief 5 might.

In so doing I would also be stealthed after the steal and that application of conditions allowing me a sneak attack for 5 more poison. Since I trait RS and BT I would also steal 5 boons and then be able to use shadowstrike to add torment to the target and port away. If i had caltrops traited that person would be immobed in the field which I could drop from stealth prior to the sneak attack.

Can you please detail to me which utility YOU think are better suited to a non stealth condition build?

Keep this in mind as well. The trap is unblockable and you could get 4 of these needle traps operating in quick succession (pre drop two in a given area and Needle was often off cooldown by time said trap triggerred meaning you could use another rigth away)

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

babazhook.6805

i think you guys misunderstanding what i meant by combo skills Stuff like Auto attack chains and Impact chains now be used with traps.

^ not saying these more effective combo it just really cool that we can know combo needle trap like this.

I think people overlook the IMMOB on the trap. There a whole pile of builds that take panic strike for an immob. Needle trap has this built in and its duration is longer. Added to that it not premised on foe being under 50 percent health.

I have not tried on a powerbuild but conceivably one could port to target with S/P and infiltrators getting that built in immob , drop needle trap and start the pistol whip.

The thing is though , you could do this all before outside getting that damage strike.

Needle trap + trip wire

in Thief

Taobella.6597

I think people overlook the IMMOB on the trap. There a whole pile of builds that take panic strike for an immob. Needle trap has this built in and its duration is longer. Added to that it not premised on foe being under 50 percent health.

I have not tried on a powerbuild but conceivably one could port to target with S/P and infiltrators getting that built in immob , drop needle trap and start the pistol whip.

The thing is though , you could do this all before outside getting that damage strike.

i ran it with power builds feel just as good as con to be honest when needle trap not on my bar it feel awkward haha