wtbdelete

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Absolutely no.
If stealth is buffed, it should be reduced in effectiveness and should be easier to spot.
Right now Stealth is extremely good, giving it more goodness will just ruin thieves and making them more imbalanced.
Just imagine Sword/Dagger Daze lockers with easy to access stealth… The end of every form of PvP.

Thieves just need a damage nerf to the Backstab combo, nothing else.
Their damage is fine, their survivability is also fine.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Giving a class that already have multiple ways into stealth more ways into it is a horrible idea.

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

Both the backstab and the stealth need to be nerfed.

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

ppl are crazy… they QQ about perma stealth of a thief taking down 5 players (read in a lot of threads) … and thieves answer with “it’s the rendering issue” but it is NOT!
1 thief + 5 ppl is far far away from any render issue … it is just 1 good (or cheater) thief vs 5 bad players.
1 thief vs a zerg can exploit the render issue and down someone (hardly finish him) but i think most of the QQ are ‘coz ppl don’t know how to counter thieves.
I main a thief and i prefer facing another thief (usually some bad reroll) then a bunker guardian or a war. Thieves are not uncounterable, but it is kinda OT

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

It IS a render issue. Being good or bad has nothing to do with appearing 2 seconds after the stealth has ended.

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: Harmadda.5971

Harmadda.5971

It IS a render issue. Being good or bad has nothing to do with appearing 2 seconds after the stealth has ended.

It’s funny how it’s never the mechanics of the game.
It’s always just ‘bad players’ to those exploiting them.

Dying in 2-3 seconds without a chance to react…how does a ‘good player’ counter that?

The nerf is coming one way or another.
I think it certainly should.

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: FrozenLuv.6017

FrozenLuv.6017

@Edelweiss
Stealth doesn’t need to be nerfed because its not stealth thats the problem, the problem is with the rendering/culling issues that is a major setback of the game engine. But then again, whatts the say you’ll listen this time, seeing as time and time again, you have ignored this fact.

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Dying in 2-3 seconds without a chance to react…how does a ‘good player’ counter that?

i ’m always in wvwvw … how is it possible that i died just once from that “uncounterable” thief build??? and for the records that time i was scratching my head, so it was my fault because i was roaming and i was not ready.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: FrozenLuv.6017

FrozenLuv.6017

Yes, a nerf IS on the way, and thats where Anet has to pay attention and not rush it this time. The sin sig nerf was good, great in fact imo, but the pistol whip nerf was not thought out very well. Right now, the 15% dmg reduction has caused it to be unviable as anything other than an interrupt and people are still pubstomping with it by using haste. PW wasn’t the problem, Quickness was the problem. And that’s what most proper thieves (not the fotm ones) are defending, we are trying to help you guys find ways to get around difficulties or point you guys to the proper root of the problem, but time and time again we have been ignored and people that cry for nerfs still only look at the surface. Dig deeper and you’ll find your answer.

(edited by FrozenLuv.6017)

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: Draven.9521

Draven.9521

The good PvPer’s i’ve encountered have all survived my backstabs. Instead, i died. All this nerf talk is for the QQer’s (imo, ofc) that go for the glass cannon strategy with no survivability skills.

If we do get a nerf on our BS build, i hope we also get a huge survivability boost, because stealth, does not cut it.

Let me sing to you the song of my people.

wtbdelete

in Thief

Posted by: Runcore.5107

Runcore.5107

Both the backstab and the stealth need to be nerfed.

Yes, nice idea. Nerf of stealth and backstab which is the most important and the most typicall for thief. Are you id*ot? I think that you are because ppl with brain cannot say so stupid thing like you did now.

Its same like if I say that want remove illusions for mesmers or take spells of elementarists. You are not normal you crying kid.